Thread: Are the old records beatable now that BR's are harder to do?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Are the old records beatable now that BR's are harder to do?

I'm just wondering if anybody else is thinking along the same lines.

Since you had to be really good to be able to BR at some of the more obscure BR locations as the game play WAS.

Now that it appears that BR's are a fair bit harder to do,I think the word "Unresponsive" would sum it up best in regards to what it now feels like to BR compared to pre 1.30 patch.

Trying to do them at the trickier spots now is nigh on impossible for me [I was only just getting the hang of doing those ones,so I really noticed when not one was successful],something has changed.

I don't know about you,but I think the TT & SL records we have now will not be broken,the handling physics of the game have changed.

They've "moved the goal posts" so to speak.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I don't really feel much difference in BR's. They wheres always hit and miss before anyway.

But if indeed harder to do now, sucks if you havn't beaten Zico yet.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Yeah RUb in the Zico That and Bling Brigade is all I need

BR's arent much harder to do... its just you gotta adjust your timing. After about 20 races my BR's went back to normal.

Yeldar Definately was angry over the whole BR issue

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No. Actually there is a problem with BR now. yeldar is right to be pissed. BRs can fail completely even after you mash leftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleft like some kind of psychopath.
    I have had the same experience as him. BRs can become as unresponsive as in PurE during online races. And that's bad. Really bad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Online it's really annoying !
    Offline, i did some laps on several tracks, and br seems to work properly, the 3 brs on metropia and the 5 of vineta reverse as an example
    But online something else seems to have changed : weapons impact !, a single rocket shot can stops you for 3 seconds ...and no br can help you earn 3 seconds

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Your right there Leungbok. I found myself loosing my voice yelling at the TV last night with that one. Yelling at Icarus "accelerate you c u n t", have my thumb burried into the controller to a point that there was no x button. Im lost Icarus feels slow, im getting that most picked up boost pad thingy yet the bastard ship doesnt fell like its maxing out.

Right now Wipeout HD might overtake Burnout Paradise in the highest controller breaking game avaliable.
    Last edited by Lance; 9th April 2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: REDUNDANT QUOTATION ELIMINATED. FOLLOW THE WZ GUIDELINES SHOWN IN THE ANNOUNCEMENTS SECTION.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm getting mixed reports about offline play,some say it's effected like the online,others say it's not.
    There is certainly a "Stiffness" to steering now that wasn't there previously.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    No. Actually there is a problem with BR now. yeldar is right to be pissed. BRs can fail completely even after you mash leftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleft like some kind of psychopath.
    I tended to get that before the 1.30 patch. Maybe I just suck at executing BRs, but I swear sometimes I'd go apeshit on that stick and NOTHING would happen

Yeah I couldn't beleive the ship handling was different last night. I put it down to the lag monster.

So frustrating were the mini-freezes / lag I turned it off after an hour as I couldnt handle it any more.

I definately felt a difference when

1) Trying to do a 'simple' BR

2) Getting hit by a missile (I think its ever more important to let go of x and then re-apply it to try and not 'completly stop' your ship)

I agree with you Backwiggle - if there have been any changes to the game mechanics the current records should be wiped (and fixed )

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Right now Wipeout HD might overtake Burnout Paradise in the highest controller breaking game avaliable.
    I'm already on my third WPHD controller. I'm back to using the old Six-Axis one cause my DS3 triggers broke and the left stick was squeaky as.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

It's only a problem online (maybe because of spectators), I just helped a friend
    (again) to beat Zico, so yeah I had to do those BRs and it worked fine.

I need to try more offline races, if that works fine then it means it's the online
    only.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I've definately noticed a change in the way the ships handle and it will definately take me a while to adjust to but BR's were always unreliable for me anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It has a high carnage rate that's for sure.

I posted at the Aus/NZ Playstation forum,even the die hard gamers have given up the ghost RE: Wipeout HD.

TOO HARD is the major response.

Wimps

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Vineta K reverse - first jump is one of the easier barrel rolls in the game. I'd like to think I have that nailed. I can't remember the last time I missed it. Last night - just wouldn't happen. Big pile of arse!

I think online records will be harder to beat but they're totally screwed right now anyway because of an issue described in other thread. Offline probably not, obviously, as it seems to be reported that offline barrel rolls behave the same. So I guess it's yet another lag issue. I think the fact that handling feels quite different now will take a lot of getting used to. If anyone was close to the top of the table and working their way up, then I think it might be a while before they can get back to the same standard if their first choice ship's handling has changed a lot.

The only thing good about the update is that it's given me something new to complain about. I quite like complaining and was starting to have to recycle old complaints. Not good!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    Yeldar Definately was angry over the whole BR issue
    yeah too ****ing right i was angry. i even deliberatley shot myself into the air and my thumb was going leftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftr ightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightl eftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftri ghtleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightle ftrightleftright like a ****ing blue-arsed fly.....
    end result: **** all. and why is the harimau the new triakis (without the shield strength)?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    The only thing good about the update is that it's given me something new to complain about. I quite like complaining and was starting to have to recycle old complaints. Not good!
    and you wonder why we refer to "whinging poms"?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quick question-- I haven't played WOHD now in a few months so am out of the loop!

Are the BR's harder due to changes in frame rate and lag? Input for BR's is supposed to be frame-rate dependent, which is why they sometimes couldn't be done in WO Pure and Pulse in the midst of heavy traffic.

Just curious

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It's to do with online lag I think now.
    FPS don't drop online, it seems always 60FPS.
    There are only micro-stutters sometimes (Spectator mode related).