Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I didn't notice any difference with handling of the ships, well at least AG-Systems feels
    exactly the same on Phantom, but I had decided to set airbrakes to 50% instead of 60%,
    before the patch (don't know why?). So maybe I anticipated the change

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

WTF ???
    I've just made a little speedlap session on metropia reverse.
    I was surprised to pretty easily pass my ghost. It must be a fast one normally (0.19.28 ). So i suspected something, quitted the game and look at the wipeout-hd's save data folder. And my last ghost (metropia reverse phantom) is a 0.19.86 !!! The second one has the correct time (new personnal record on sol2, made 20 minutes before my attempt on metropia reverse)
    Where's my fast ghost of metropia ????
    I'll save all my fastest ghosts on El Habib's website, but it must be fixed, hugely annoying !!!
    Very weird !! i've just look at my ghosts data on my second account (BADTEST) and this latest ghost is here too (0.19.86) top of my main save ???????
    Something else, i beated this new f****g ghost several times and it didn't changes ????
    Well, i erased it now and i'll create a new one, but really...
    Last edited by leungbok; 13th April 2009 at 12:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    It seems like Windows Vista pads are in the norm now
    Yah, I know when I raced yesterday there were MAJOR pad problems in a whole bunch of races. Super annoying...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Default Issues with Wipeout HD that should be adressed

Wipeout HD is by far my favourite game and I have been a loyal fan since Wipeout came out for the PSOne back in 1995 (Time flies!). However, Wipeout still has a little bit more to go before it can reach max potencial. These are some issues I'd like to see adressed in Wipeout HD;

* RACE IN PROGRESS, if possible could these have a different color than the ones that hasn't started yet.

* Harimau, what's the point with this ship when Assegai has better thrust. Harimau needs a 10 point boost.

* The startup timer is too low. Most of the time I'm unable to change my ship before the host starts the game (I like to use ships with good handling for tracks with sharp turns, and a fast ship on tracks with less turns). As of now the startup time is 3 seconds, this doesn't give the other players any time to change ships before the game is started.

* More stats, I'd really like to have stats in the scoreboard showing how many Perfect Laps and Eliminations each player got.

* 1 second lags during every single race I've attended since the 1.30 patch was released. Happens on every track. Some times the screen even goes black for 3-4 seconds with no sound and when I return I'm flying the wrong way (or into a wall) even though I'm racing a straight line. This is really a game breaker for me, I've lost 6-7 races due to this.

* Unplayable 2-player split screen performance; The performance was so poor the other day when me and a friend played some 2-player split screen races we had to quit after a couple of games. It was far worse than before the 1.30 patch and it doesn't feel half as smooth as playing singleplayer.

* Game locking up during loading screens or during speccing (only solution is to restart the PS3).

* Broken weapon pads (you get no item when flying over them), happened on several tracks.

* Poor spectating mode; When spectating a race I notice that the ship movement, camera etc.. is by no way similar to the real deal.

* Text chat, it would totally rock if Wipeout HD took use of the new Text Chat feature that was implemented in firmware 2.70. I'd love to have a button in the lobby that automatically started a Text Chat session with all the players in the room. This is only a dream wish, don't know how realistic\easy it would be to implement though.

* Elimination Mode; It is tons of fun, requires different strategies as well as being very challenging.
    Adding elimination mode together with a new trophy ("Mass Murderer" = 200 online kills) would be great!

What do you guys think? Any input is welcomed
    Last edited by Lance; 13th April 2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: This new function-duplicating thread has been merged with an already existing complaint thread for HD and its recent changes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

Many of your criticisms are valid, however your technical issues, such as your screen going blank are things I've never seen or noticed.
    Perhaps your Playstation 3 is getting shaky?
    You can also try to improve the connection, if you're using the PS3 with WiFi. It just might help, with less packet loss between your router and console?
    The stuttering you notice sometimes is assumed to be due to spectators joining the game you're currently in.
    You notice this stuttering drastically less in games near the eight-player limit, and practically never in eight-player games.
    Things like "broken" weapon pads are due to lag, you'll see a LOT of it online sadly. There's no fix, apart from Studio Liverpool performing a miracle with the netcode for the game.

I don't know what you mean with this three-second startup time...
    Hosts can start the game manually, and then a three-second countdown starts,
    but that is a choice the host makes, it's not the fault of the game. You cannot change your craft during this three-second start either.
    Another feature added in the older 1.20 or 1.26 patch was an Idle starting timer.
    If something around two minutes passes without the host doing anything, a 15 second timer will start to allow everyone else to race, even if the host has gone away.

Now, I've been playing the Harimau a lot lately. I find it a natural progression from the Piranha at Phantom speeds because of the smooth, rear-heavy feel of it that's, to me, very similar to the Fish,
    without being as heavy-turning as the Piranha.
    I'd say there's a big point to the Harimau, and there's been many threads discussing the statistics of the craft, and each and every thread has come to the conclusion that there's more to consider than just the numbers.
    Handling, feel and cornering strategies differ between all of them. Just compare the seemingly very similar Triakis and Piranha. They're very little alike despite their similar statistics.

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Ive had quick browse to see if it was just me noticing slight bugs.. Things ive noticed...

1. where did all this lag come from? (probably 'spectator mode') & grey weapons pads.
    2. apart from moa reverse; barrel rolls arent as easy to do.. left-right-left-right-left-right-and finally u land it... no point doing the sneaky one's on the first corner of chen i take it..?!
    3. watching a wall glitch.... sorry, spectator mode... great idea but needs a whole lot of ironing out..
    4. being partially baked i havent noticed to much change in Ag-S, but ive been on alot lately.
    5. oh yea.. dont worry about getting a plasma, the new rockets and mines will do just as well... being cluster****ed has never been so distressing!
    6. online rank? no point, stick to connavar site! based on your records and not how much you play the game!

--------------------------------------------------

I havent looked at the ranking system much (on Wz anyway) but you can see who plays it the most... and not how good u really are.... if i was new and played it solidly all day today, they could match my rank (lowely 11 atm) and they would be better? gives me an idea.... hehe

Without bitchin' further, i like the idea of badges (worms has a similar one too) but i just get the same old 'speed hunter' and 'successful victim' (you know who you are ) but will look forward to finding out which ones i need. Saying that, ill pop on soon and be disapointed with the new wipeout only to go back and play psn Worms (just as old skool!)

Fix those bugs SL... and 'dodgey' looking times that have now appeared (i think all you TT/SL people are ok!!) otherwise the being of something good!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbis View Post
    Many of your criticisms are valid, however your technical issues, such as your screen going blank are things I've never seen or noticed.
    Perhaps your Playstation 3 is getting shaky?
    Screen goes completely blank and I don't hear any sound at all for 3 seconds. I never had any problems with any of the other games I play. It seems lag related to me, cause as soon as the black screen goes away I'm in a position on the track that I in no possible way can do manually, so packet loss or lag seems to be the cause. On the other hand I don't have any programs running and I don't have any lag spikes while running diagnostics. My 6mbit line should handle Wipeout fairly well since I play alot of other online games without any problems.

You can also try to improve the connection, if you're using the PS3 with WiFi. It just might help, with less packet loss between your router and console?
    I'm not using WiFi, all Wire

The stuttering you notice sometimes is assumed to be due to spectators joining the game you're currently in.
    You notice this stuttering drastically less in games near the eight-player limit, and practically never in eight-player games.
    If this is due to spectators joining the game, I really think SL should exclude the option to spectate games, cause this is incredible annoying when racing. I don't mind the screen lagging behind 1 second but if I loose 1 second on my time then shame on SL

Things like "broken" weapon pads are due to lag, you'll see a LOT of it online sadly. There's no fix, apart from Studio Liverpool performing a miracle with the netcode for the game.
    I have played Wipeout HD steady since it was released and have only encountered broken weapon pads 2 times, after the 1.30 patch I see them all the time. On some tracks the weapon pad is broken already from the start with me being the first to pass over it.

I don't know what you mean with this three-second startup time...
    Hosts can start the game manually, and then a three-second countdown starts,
    but that is a choice the host makes, it's not the fault of the game. You cannot change your craft during this three-second start either.
    Another feature added in the older 1.20 or 1.26 patch was an Idle starting timer.
    If something around two minutes passes without the host doing anything, a 15 second timer will start to allow everyone else to race, even if the host has gone away.
    I know the host is able to start the game whenever he wants, but when he changes the settings of the game from rapier to phantom, or from playing Vineta K to Chengu Projects I'd really like to be able to change my ship before the game starts, a solution to this would be to add a couple of more seconds on the count-down timer.

Now, I've been playing the Harimau a lot lately. I find it a natural progression from the Piranha at Phantom speeds because of the smooth, rear-heavy feel of it that's, to me, very similar to the Fish,
    without being as heavy-turning as the Piranha.
    I'd say there's a big point to the Harimau, and there's been many threads discussing the statistics of the craft, and each and every thread has come to the conclusion that there's more to consider than just the numbers.
    Handling, feel and cornering strategies differ between all of them. Just compare the seemingly very similar Triakis and Piranha. They're very little alike despite their similar statistics.
    That may be so, I'd really like to know all the hidden stats (like weight) other than Speed, Thrust, Handling and Shield. Some ships are heavier than others and will easily push smaller\weaker ships out of their way.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Some ships are heavier than others and will easily push smaller\weaker ships out of their way.
    No, they won't, because online physics interactions are broken and always act out at your disadvantage

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    WTF ???
    yeah It looks so weird, no explanation found ! is this the same for your other ghosts?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

This is going to sound crazy ... I haven't slept in almost 48 hours so take it with a grain of salt ... But is anyone else noticing that handling issues seem to get worse as you go up in levels? I also notice that I'm not getting screwed out of barrel rolls and weapon pads. how the hell do you miss a barrel roll on the chengou drop? And my ships seem to be crawling ... even on phantom. I dont see these problems on campaign play. WTF.

Maybe I'm just tired but none of the ships feel right. Hell I just have a barrel roll kick off and I didn't even move my control stick ... luckily for me I was low on energy and the boost from barrel roll smashed me into a wall and blew me the hell up. My first rage quit ... sorry andybob.

I think I need to go play some other game for a while ... Little Big Planet seems peaceful and relaxing.

And yeah ... my ghost are screwed up too ... some of them lurch at teh start. they will start out fine then after a couple races they get glichy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    yeah It looks so weird, no explanation found ! is this the same for your other ghosts?
    No, fortunately, mate, the others are safe !
    The same problem happened to Pirahpac this afternoon, he looses his metropia reverse ghost 0.19.39. The same track ??? Maybe a specific bug ?

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

I've been getting a weird problem very occasionally all my opponents will just stop (or be stationary from the start) but there will be weapons being fired from invisible ships as if they are still going round.

The race still goes on and everyone has a postion at the end though, anyone else encountered this?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Anybody else getting a white out screen where it looks like you are flying through a snow storm or cloud ?

I got that on the last two races of a tournament yesterday Sebenco reverse and Ubermall reverse,the last was the worse because of the already Grey look of the track,it was basically unracable conditions.

I have to agree with TorquedSoul ,how the hell can't you do a BR off the jump on Chenghou?
    Is the NO BR option switching itself in automatically for part of a race?
    It seems so.

And dead weapons pads ,this has got REALLY bad now,what's the point of having a good start and running over them and getting nothing ,then the craft immediately behind getting those pick ups and you then get creamed.
    I've lost count of the number of times this has happened.
    It throws any thought of tactics out the window.
    I'll race AVALON when I choose thanks SL ,not when the game decides.

I'm starting to have some doubts about all the speed pads being operational as well,not one hundredth as bad as the weapon pad debacle,but it seems to happen,very rarely I admit ,but it is something that I have noticed,and no I not imagining this,I've been playing this game long enough to know when I miss a speed pad

The glitches that happen are a game stuffer,I don't know if it's because I'm so far away from everybody else but I'm suffering lots lots more of them now ,it was tolerable pre patch,and we in Australia have always suffered from this ,but I just give up racing now if it happens and just go through the motions for a finish,there's no point

I've never played as much online as I have in the last few days ,the only bug free & good element of this patch so far is that you can actually see who is playing online and join in.
    After the game they are racing has finished I might add,I wait ,as I know jumping in mid race causes the glitches,pity more don't do the same.

Same goes for spectator mode,used it once,realized it caused the glitches and have never used it since.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 13th April 2009 at 10:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

About the BRs online, I found a solution, since then no more BRs missed on
    Chenghou, Ubermall etc, just do the Left-Right-Left multiple times!

Sometimes I have to do it 3-4 times to register the BR, but at least it works

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Hi everybody!

Just want to add my 2 euro cents on the v1.30 patch. Didn't play that much in the last weeks but after the patch I was motivated to test.

As most of the issues has been written down by now so I just want to add ...

(Most of) the ships fly different - for me!

It's like having modded your car w/ a new suspension and/or tires or added some weight *sic* . In short it does not feel that direct, like the steering was before the patch. Interesting to see that there are different experiences with that. New code also means sometimes strange race-conditions (in terms of computer science not 'racing') that are hard to debug. Hope they'll get this nailed down and fixed.

Most annoying thing is the stutter.

In general, I feel motivated to the enhancements IF the code is going to be fixed and some minor enhancements are made. For the time being it's not much fun to race online.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TheEchthroi

Jeeze. I don't really have a PS3. My friend Nate does, so he might end up buying Wipeout:HD soon, but I wasn't aware there were updates for it. That's kinda funny. My past experience with online games for consoles, is that it's never anything necessary when they update. They just screw with stuff at random it seems.

Now, the mines? I slightly understand that. but the control figuration change? That's Bull

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

All the crashing is really killing the game for me now. Performance stutter every time a spectator enters the game and random crashes all over the place (with music still playing in the background). SL really needs to look into this and release a fix of some kind or disable speccing completely (it is so bugged anyway).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default This is so awesome!

Spectator mode:

'Watch the best players lag and make them crash when you switch to their ship!'

Disclaimer: If the enormous humorous smiley is not enough, this ^ is sarcasm. I just don't want any misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 14th April 2009 at 04:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    No, fortunately, mate, the others are safe !
    The same problem happened to Pirahpac this afternoon, he looses his metropia reverse ghost 0.19.39. The same track ??? Maybe a specific bug ?
    Leungbok - Is yours and/or Pirahpac's messed up ghost on the first track you tried or is it just a completely random occurence?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Well, I´m not Leungbok , but as you know I had/have the same problem. My scary ghost is on Seb Rev - the first TT I did after the update. Have done other TT´s afterwards (not many, but some) and as far as I can see there are no probs with these ghosts. Strange.
    Last edited by JJPAP; 14th April 2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Clarification