Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Surely then the fact that some of us notice a big difference like that and some don't is an even worse scenario...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

people, if Colin himself said he haven't noticed any changes , these supposed handling and physics changes aren't reported in the notes, and most of the veteran player haven't encountered any,
    i believe these are just tricks of mind...i can't find any other explaination

we have only to wait the enquiry by Colin next week

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Most of the veteran players haven't encountered any? Who is most? I don't know really who are the veteran players but I can tell you lots of very good players have, i.e. players who have played HD since it came out. People who have been dedicated to one ship are noticing changes in that particular ship. From what I've seen the number of people who haven't noticed a change in the feel of the way ships handle is less than those who have. But I'm perfectly willing to accept that it's not a programmed in change and that perhaps something else is causing it by accident. Probably just lag leading to an unresponsive feel as it seems to be mostly an online issue.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 12th April 2009 at 02:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

don't know what to think or what to say at the moment, the only reasonable thing to do is wait for an official word by the studio

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

My Icarus has turned into a Triakis. It feels heavy and dead.

In fact it's very arcade like (yes I know it was never meant to be a simulator but it was of its own kind which made it popular), and I feel that there's less skill required and anybody could win........... which equals less fun for me I'm afraid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

tss tss tss

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

What ship do you usually use, Saturn - if you don't me asking? Or at least what you used in 1.20?

I switched to Goteki 45 (I need to update my WArena account to reflect this too possibly) just this weekend from FEISAR, for me I can deal with the heavier handling of Goteki's yellow brick very well and I get the benefit of ridiculously awesome thrust.

Timezone
    GMT -5

At first I thought I imagined this - but after it happening several times - I know it's real.

When side-shifting, the ship is now jumping (randomly) in the WRONG direction. Side shift right, ship shifts left. ???

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I haven't noticed any change in the ship's handling other than the micro-freezes and impossibility of performing br sometimes (but scarcely). Maybe off topic but i had a funny experience last night. I tried to join friends in current races, and i choosed a tournament with Asa. I followed his ship in spectator mode, and after a while my french mate were destroyed (^^). after the respawn, instead of a brand new ag-system, his ship kept his destroyed form. It was hilarious to see that smoldering wreckage, sideshifting and barrel rolling all the way. Arnaud, i understand now why you race in internal view, it's a shame to pilot such wreck, i'll talk about you at mtv's "pimp my ride" show
    Last edited by leungbok; 12th April 2009 at 10:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    What ship do you usually use, Saturn - if you don't me asking? Or at least what you used in 1.20?
    I used FEISAR a lot and more recently used Icaras a lot. Anyway, I'm not going to talk about it any more as I feel like I'm getting all the attention on things that a lot of people have mentioned (probably because I'm the one that got my knickers in a twist the most early on). It's nothing personal and I don't mind you asking as I think you're just trying to understand the issue now, as am I. But I think the best thing to do, as darkfaerytales says, it to wait for official word, especially given the good game I had last night. Last night at 2am and the night before, also in the early hours, the online game felt better. I'm going to focus on that because I relly enjoyed myself last night with all the zoners that were there. I think if the online lag issues can be worked out then it could be a good patch in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    i choosed a tournament with Asa. I followed his ship in spectator mode, and after a while my french mate were destroyed (^^). after the respawn, instead of a brand new ag-system, his ship kept his destroyed form.
    Thanks for letting us know leungbok. z1r0rEi mentioned that my ship looked destroyed, so this explains it
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 12th April 2009 at 11:42 AM.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Well I'll tell you guys one thing. I've been away for almost 2 months now and can fly my Aricom craft very smoothly lol. I also thought there must be some handling changes but I doubt it. I think what they have done is improve the dual pad stick sensitivity. My craft moves properly now and not as quick.

This is fantastic for someone like me who doesn't have a steady thumb . But I could be just imagining these things!

To be honest guys, just adapt and move on. Why are people so against change these days especially when it's something not even drastic!

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Has anyone thought that maybe the handling issues are ship specific? I've heard quite a few Auricom users say they have experienced little or no change, whereas Icaras, AG systems, Feisar etc I have heard many complaints. I know my AG definately feels different, it seems weird but it's something I noticed immediately....who knows whats going on...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ IH8YOU - Personally, I haven't had any problems with sideshifting at all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I haven't had any issues with side-shifting, either.

As far as handling goes, it feels like Qirex is more sluggish and has a harder time getting air to do barrel rolls.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

To me it feels like the crafts handling stats have been lessened by 0.5 .

I use mostly AG

They just seem just that fraction less responsive ,you don't really notice it at anything less than phantom speed,it's like you have to use your air brakes just a tad more than what you used to so you can keep the same lines.

I've sort of gotten used to it now,but it threw me out for a while.

The place where you notice it most is Ubermall forward,those quick changes of direction needed to get over the chicane and onto the sweeping bend.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

No problem of sideshifting either
    Bugs ( no br activation, mini sluttering, grey visible) are less visible
    , for me it's almost (95%) back to normal condition. A great pleasure to race you guys, it rocks Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    i choosed a tournament with Asa. I followed his ship in spectator mode, and after a while my french mate were destroyed (^^). after the respawn, instead of a brand new ag-system, his ship kept his destroyed form. It was hilarious to see that smoldering wreckage, sideshifting and barrel rolling all the way. Arnaud, i understand now why you race in internal view, it's a shame to pilot such wreck, i'll talk about you at mtv's "pimp my ride" show
    You dirty basturd , you spy your good friend yoda while he was having a hard time surviving to those hungry predator WZ pilots are

Timezone
    GMT -5

It's not something I'm imaging - I swear. I'll try to get a video of it - happened 8 or more times now. Never happened before, as this is one of those "WTF? Didn't I turn left here???" things.

I'm positive it's tied in with the lag - even so, driving me nuts...

A crazy thought I'm having - worth consideration though. As some of us are seeing "huge changes in handling" and others see "none at all" - what if it's hardware related? 1st Gen PS3s had different hardware (PS2 chip, for example) - maybe the reason some of us who perform at similar levels (race-wise) who see the game differently now - maybe that's the variable?

Launch PS3 (North America) 60GB. DS3 Controller, 10MB Cable Internet - 1920x1080HD.
    L1/R1 Airbrakes, L2 Look Behind, R2 Chat, O Fire, [] Absorb, X Go, /\ Camera

It JUST happened about 30 seconds after I wrote this post! Side-shifted right on Metropia (sharp right before finish line) and ship jumped off to the left (and off the track, too).
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 12th April 2009 at 11:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I have the same model PS3 as you...my settings are slightly different though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

Not to spam too much here, but I just wanted to remind people that Colin Berry said there shouldn't be any handling changes, and that he was going to make an enquiry regarding it sometime this week? I don't know where the post is specifically, but it was in one of the threads discussing the 1.30 patch.
    So I suppose we'll know the truth soon enough? Just don't pester him about it, I guess?

I do however think that something did change with the lag prediction/behaviour in the game. Just how many have gotten the "Elimination mode" bug, where you get stuck as a Spectator or something, and can't respawn? Good fun, but a bit iffy. And of course, the on/off barrel rolls and other amazing glitches that I'd wager are probably related to the netcode changes. There must be changes, to allow for the spectators, and the seemingly more accurate bomb placement display online.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

It seems like Windows Vista pads are in the norm now