Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

maybe it's just a result of ALL the games in progress being listed now. Whatever the case, it needs to be fixed. If you've highlighted something in a list, it shouldn't force your selection to change.... that's basic common sense.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I have not noticed much change to the handling of the ships and I have no big problem with the changes for the weapons.

My two must frustrating issues so far:

* That you have to select each game to see if it's in progress. What were they thinking ? And also it has happened to me many times that just when I am about to join one game the list updates and i end up joining some other game instead.
    * Freeze during the loading screen. Seem to happen to me when I join a game just as it's started, usually when I do not even get the chance to choose team.

Another freeze just happened once but was quite weird, I was alone in a created game when it suddenly started with only me there; and then it frooze when loading reached 100%.

About the rating system, I would preffered system more similar to chess and other games where you start out with a certain mid range rating that then goes up or down depending on your performance. A rating which also dropped when a person is inactive. But I guess SL might think such a system might be a bit too harch for the not so good players. The current system makes everyone feel positive progress, but that feels a bit more like an activity meter than a performance meter. But now I do not know the details of the current system, can you loose rating ? I saw it mentioned that you did loose when aborting a game, but how much and are there other way to get negative rating ?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by pirahpac View Post
    before the patch : 0 record single race with glitch or cheat ...after : i can count 15 in all class with record 1 seconde ...nice patch
    I have a 12 second SR time at Moa Therma now, thankfully it isn't showing up in the online records. (And a 58 second time at Metropia!)

Then again, pirahpac, you and Flashback Jack are awfully fast so one-second times for either one of you isn't unrealistic.

Once again, they aren't showing up in the online records though, so that's good I guess.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

My list of unsatisfactory points:
    +Mines
    +Glitched times
    +Uber Rockets
    +Micro-stutters

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Agree with those points
    You can add an awfull ship behavior to watch on spectator mode (please sl, fix that too, because this mode is an awesome idea)

PSN ID
    pirhapac

how its possible ?? on 6 tour sl metropia ..i tried a new br so bad times ..but my better sl showing a 22.02 on my 6 laps...why i see 21.52 in global ???omg i hope tt and sl dont bug ..that suck...nice patch....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMp4F483sc

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Just had a series of races with TheFrostE, and active weapon pads were becoming a serious issue. I think all of us at one point realised that in one particular race there were only two working pads

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes, but this is not 1.30. It has been there before. Look at post date.
    It's the same bug, just different colour on weapon pad.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I've found the worst instances of this happening is when I have been in rooms with a Japanese host (no offence guys !!) and there have been 2 or 3 weapons pads missing on a track and the time it takes to show up what weapon you have picked up can be between 1-3 seconds.

Haven't suffered to this extent with EU or USA hosts but you do get the occasional missing weapon pad.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

</3 SL...you have broken my heart...wth were you thinking. such cool features...ruined by releasing so many bugs with this patch a BIG</3 for you

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Because their intent is totally to make a buggy, unenjoyable game, right? [/heavybitingsarcasm]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

no but what i am saying is that they could have done a bit more testing and touch ups before releasing one of their most drastic patches for the game to date., im not trying to start an argument either, this is a thread for complaints....thus you will be reading opinions you dont agree with.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Darkdrium, it's slightly different in this case, I've only experienced the odd weapon pad out before but this time it was pretty much the whole track

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am very surprised to see all those negative feedbacks from the patch after reading those +80 posts.
    Yes i can conceive that people get frustrated cause patch is not working immediately at its full potential but SL is working on it , we can be sure of that.

I got also those 12 years of practice on the various wipeout versions and many hours spent off & online playing HD. Ok i am not the top player of HD ( i don't have those free hours top guys have) but i am very pleased with this new patch cause i know SL is reading what we are saying here or elsewhere, they pay attention to our request and tried to do their best with what they have/being 'offered' by SCEE.

As i said elsewhere into WZ , i didn't noticed any visible difference from my icaras / Ag sys handling, with my internal view and set up like this ( 100% airbrakes, 10% thrust, 80% pitch motion), my racetimes are pretty similar to what they were previously.

Agreed for the slowdowns, also to know what races are up and running or those who are waiting for pilots to start races ( sorry not very well described) and the bugs into the ranking tables ( but we got Connavar brilliant website so it's not a big deal for those who wants to reach the highest ranking).

Try to adapt yourself guys cause i can tell you what you are experimenting is not a lot compare to changement from Negcon to Dpad/stick ( parallel to the old wipeouts till fusion and Pure from psp).

Anyway i am into the minority but i don't care, i am racing for pleasure & fun & for records with that new patch on, i just find so sad all those 'harsh' comments from the majority about a fantastic patch which is not fully performanced ATM but will be soon i am sure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Default Ghosts

New complaint - Earlier on JJPAP mentioned that in Time Trial his fastest ghost was not showing up. I'm doing some now and he's right. It seems ghosts are messed up too. At the start of the race the ghost will frequently disappear and then reappear either a long way behind or a long way ahead. So there are some things that need addressing in offline mode too.

To look on the positive side for once (while I'm here complaining again ): The update should raise the game's profile and bring new players and raise revenue. Hopefully this will lead to an even bigger and better WipEout game next time around with an even bigger fan base and many more dedicated players. That can only be a good thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Bug: If you spectate someone who then leaves the game, your screen gets stuck on a 'dnf' screen until the race finishes.

PSN ID
    Assegai82

On the edge of quitting altogether. I'm a dedicated Assegai/Rapier racer and I'm telling you the handling and speed has changed - thing feels like a slug now. I've been trying my heart out and still getting a doing, when I finally readjust to the handling and race like a demon the people behind me (names I've smoked regularly) still reel me in like I'm a fish on a hook.
    I actually had a party back in September the night after the game came out (trips+zone mode=happy house) because I love WipEout so much, and have played nothing but since - my games for Christmas are still in the wrapper. This is pretty soul-destroying.

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

Somebody noticed - thank God Ally.

The handling and racing on WO HD was a work of art. Handling was sensitive and accurate when you knew what you were doing. Racing distances between ships was also realistic and accurate.

That's ALL gone and so have I.

It's just a complete botch - gone is the work of art.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Seriously, I don't even know what the hell you guys are talking about. I've done a lot of racing since the update, and I sure didn't notice any changes in ship handling and gameplay...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It's very confusing actually. Some people can't notice any difference. Experienced players too they are. But for some of us it's just ruined. There has to be some explanation for it. So many folk can't be imagining it. Why is it so different for some and the same for others? Very strange!