Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

It wasn't directed at anyone particular. Just the feel I got from reading many of the posts the last 2-3 pages in the thread

... and just to emphasize, Avenger, your post is a nice and constructive way of relaying concerns

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Ah right. it was getting a bit hostile in here for a while. Hmm, I wonder if a new thread detailing what we would want changed might be a good idea?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The same as the changelog, yes why not.

As a side note, the freeze on startup issue because of 1.30 has been fixed. See, they're already doing stuff on it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

@ Saturn - I am truly sorry, it was not my intent to offend you. You clearly have played this game much longer then I have (hence why you are faster then me ) But I just found it a little "weak" (for lack of a better term) That someone would complain about something as small and insignificant as mines.

Maybe Im overlooking things... that is not my intent... so I'm truly sorry. I just found myself adapting preety much right when the patch was released.. I think Im 11th or something right now overall. I just have to push that little much more to get up.

Nothing wrong with being displeased.. we just have different views is all =)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who have been experiencing any of the following;

* 1 second lags every now and then on most tracks, seems very random to me
    * Game locking up during loading screens or during speccing (only solution is to restart the PS3)
    * Broken weapon pads (you get no item when flying over them), happened on several tracks

Other than that I love the patch. The fun value of the game just got upped a couple of notches, and the changelog tells me that Studio Liverpool really listens to the player requests. But I definitely hope they can fix some of the bugs mentioned since they are can be game breaking. Keep up the good work

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    KGB - I was still content with the game. The only things I wanted were minor tweaks. I know you're not referring directly to me or anything. Just sayin'.

Of course mate it wasn't directed at you, but at the moment there are about 4 or 5 different threads saying the same thing, so it was more a general feeling of mine about a lot of posts. I don't think there's any need for so many threads on one thing to be honest.

Infact i agree with you saturn, espescially the mines, they were perfectly fine as they were, they are a big problem now. I know they are staying on track for at least the time it takes to do a lap and for me to hit my own mines again. I havent checked lately (but i will) how many hours i have played but it could be close to 300 hrs! Like you, i think the game has become something different to what i was playing.

But I like the little things they have implemented in the update and can only see it as a good thing for the future. It will get better.

I have been playing Wipeout for 13 years as well and i feel that anyone who loves the game as much as Saturn does should be allowed to express his thoughts on the subject, and NOT be told he is crying about it. If anyone says to me LAW **** right off. IMHO.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    That someone would complain about something as small and insignificant as mines.

Nothing wrong with being displeased.. we just have different views is all =)
    I think if you take those two sentences together, then it probably explains things. At my end they're not insignificant - in many races now they just are the game. Different people have a different experience of the online game. I think some of these things aren't subjective. From what people have said the mines things isn't happening offline. I'd agree with this, as my offline races were just much more fun. So I guess Soccermums is right, it's probably a lag related issue, which also means it could affect one person more than another. Now that I think about it - are most of the people having problems with mines in Europe?

Also Vartazian, I'm not sure I am faster than you. If I am then I doubt it's a massive amount as I've had plenty of good games with you. I've been seeing a lot of guys recently who pop up out of no-where and are really fast. You were one of them and when someone mentioned a Canadian Team for the World Cup you were my first thought for their 2nd player. I've probably just played longer and had more chance to get lucky with records. I still can't keep up with half my ghosts sometimes. Stupid speedy ghosts!

Anyway, maybe I'll take some videos to show what it looks like at my end. That probably gives a better explanation than my words.

Soccermums - Thanks for your observations, at least they make me a little more hopeful that my experiences of the update will improve.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 10th April 2009 at 12:50 PM.

PSN ID
    chboing

i eat 20 mines at breakfast. After that, i drink a whisky, and then i **** 3 mini-freezes deep and i come right into lag's face.

those who are afraid of them are girlies !!!!!(no offence stinkleroy)
    Wipeout : we race, we die, AND we are not afraid of small little insignifiant things like bugs.
    When my ship is 0, on the verge of exploding, do you really think bug is something that shouldnt happen ? come on ! show your balls (or your tits) we're not playing football here ! if you dont have nerves to stand against bugs, then go and play curling !

and if you dont agree, then come on track and make me silent !! (ban is another solution though ...)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ SaturnReturn - I've had the mine issues as well, and I'm in the US.

@ chboing -

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Default :sadangrymildlydepressedfrustratedventingface

I'm playing offline right now. One thing I've noticed is that you can't barrel roll at all if you're critical.
    Please tell me that's a joke

...Yeldar makes the point that he can't get close to his own times now. I don't think this is a lack of skill on his part.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    I haven't posted a single decent time since this update...has anyone?
    That's right I can't get anywhere near my times now, really ****ing me off.
    Best time so far was a top20 on moa reverse. Not really surprising since there are no (standard) BRs on that track. The rest of my times have all been 75th(give or take a few) or worse.

Please fix my favourite game ever Studio Liverpool

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Hehe chboing...no offense taken I wish I could video what was happening at my end though...then you'd see the slogan should just be '......we die'

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I like the idea of having not being able to BR when shields are critical, it was in Wipeout Pure so it's not some new tweak in the game that was just slapped on without any thought process.

(Speaking of Pure...oh, Xlink Kai, I still can't figure you out...)
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 10th April 2009 at 02:23 PM.

PSN ID
    chboing

i have never been able to BR when i was under 15 energy

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger2197 View Post
    Ah right. it was getting a bit hostile in here for a while. Hmm, I wonder if a new thread detailing what we would want changed might be a good idea?
    Since this thread already details the things people are unhappy with and want changed, what would be the point of an essentially duplicate thread?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

Soccermums - Thanks for your observations, at least they make me a little more hopeful that my experiences of the update will improve.
    Rest assured Saturn, if it turns out (lag aside) that the game-mechanic changes are intended, then I will be more whiny than all of you together

I strictly play this game online only. There are even tracks where I haven't completed a single TT/SL offline, so this game is dead for me, if online doesn't get fixed (this also includes weapon balance, where the spawn distribution key seems off at the moment).

Right now though, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt

PSN ID
    pirhapac

before the patch : 0 record single race with glitch or cheat ...after : i can count 15 in all class with record 1 seconde ...nice patch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by chboing View Post
    i eat 20 mines at breakfast. After that, i drink a whisky, and then i **** 3 mini-freezes deep and i come right into lag's face.

those who are afraid of them are girlies !!!!!(no offence stinkleroy)
    Wipeout : we race, we die, AND we are not afraid of small little insignifiant things like bugs.
    When my ship is 0, on the verge of exploding, do you really think bug is something that shouldnt happen ? come on ! show your balls (or your tits) we're not playing football here ! if you dont have nerves to stand against bugs, then go and play curling !

and if you dont agree, then come on track and make me silent !! (ban is another solution though ...)

Cool to know that, mate ! You can count on me to try to give you your massive dose of mines !
    Me too, i hope humor is not a reason to be banned !!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger2197 View Post
    Just reinforcing what lance said... that was kind of the idea when I made this thread in the first place

Another nuisance with the update: When I've highlighted a room I want to join, sometimes a new game will appear in the list the split-second I go to confirm my room choice, and suddenly I've picked a different room. New game-rooms shouldn't spawn between established rooms, they should either appear at the bottom of the list, or if they're going to appear further up, it shouldn't move your cursor.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

You guys are right. I wasn't thinking clearly, my apologies. No sleep will do that to you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

AG-Wolf - That happend to me plenty even before the update. But I agree it's a little irritating. Not as much now that you can join games in progress though.