Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Lightbulb

ok, during the last nordic session, we discovered that the game didnt freeze once. this lead to the conclusion that freezes are because of people joining in midrace. the way to counter this is simply turn game into invite only right before you start the race, it works for me at least. its a bit tedious but its worth it to stop the freezing

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Was everybody that was in the room at the time on your friends list?

I'm just wondering if you did that in a normal situation that people that weren't might get ejected.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

when i tried it out after the NS. i raced with both friends and strangers, no kick outs as far as i could tell. invite only means that no new racers can join without an invitation. if you just set it back to public after the race new peeps can join to. just remember to put it back to invite only before each race starts

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Great find.

I'll use that all the time now.

This will certainly be great news for Kanar and AVALON as a whole

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Indeed. If this is the case then it is great advice. Thanks Motorsagmannen.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

lol Blackwiggle, We'll do that way. Nice find Motorsagmannen!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Yeah, you´re absolutely right, Motorsagmannen. No one seemed to encounter any micro freezes during thursday´s Nordic Sessions - as far as I´ve heard, that is.
    Nice trick, MSM, turning a public race into an invitational . Hadn´t thought about that.
    Concerning pads working/not working: It´s harder to discover than the frezees, but again my feeling is that they were working allright, no really suspicious pad-behaviour as far as I remember.
    BR´s seemed to work as supposed as well.
    To me, there´s no doubt that it´s worth investigating (hint SL ) what Spectator Mode does to the functionality of the game!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Feisar31

I have been trying to think of what SL could do to fix the patch problems, given that I seriously doubt they would roll back any changes they have made (spectator mode, joining races in progress). Motorsagmannen's idea made me think of one possible solution: add another option under Opponents (in addition to Public, Friends-only, and Invite-only) that allowed you to host a Public game using the old behavior: no spectator mode, no joining a race in progress, and no glitches. That way people could choose what was more important to them—playing without glitches, or allowing people to join and spectate mid-race.

Ideally, SL would have used the centralized lobby server to handle the players joining races in progress, so that the players wouldn't actually join a room until the race was over. Instead, the server would put them on a waitlist for that room (if there were slots available); that way there wouldn't need to be any communication with the host, unless someone chose to spectate. There would be some issues to work out with that, but the current system isn't exactly perfect either: you can't see if people have joined a race in progress to fill up a room—since the player count doesn't change—so you can still get errors trying to join games that appear to have slots available.

My 2 cents.

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

Feisar - your proposal for a game with glitches and one without would in effect mean that SL would be admitting that there is a problem and I don't think that they will admit that there is a problem. It's not commercially viable to do that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post

Anyway,I'm not sure if what we are seeing now regarding so called glitches,might in fact be some sort of code leak through that was in the update,but is actually meant for the up coming DLC .

The ships might be picking up code that is meant for new craft that do not yet exist in the game,likewise for the snowed out appearance that has occurred, that apart from Elhabib and myself nobody else seems to have happened to,this could be caused by a "changing weather" code that again not presently supposed to be implemented in the game.
    do you think this is really possible?

in this case I HOPE!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That was an initial thought ,I no longer think that is correct, since after the further experiences of others here, we have come to the general conclusion that spectator mode has been causing these changes .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

and what was exatly this " snowed out appereance " phenomenon that you talking about?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It was like a thick mist/fog that came over the tracks ,it's only happened twice to me,and apart from elhabib nobody else has mentioned it.
    It wasn't just on specific parts of the track,it effected the whole scene
    It wasn't too bad on Sebenco because the track is dark and you can still see it.
    But on Ubermall,because of the already greyness of the track,it was very hard to see,I kept hitting the wall because of it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I've noticed the whiteout a few times. I've not really thought about it much but I think I've notice it right before (and possibly during) a momentary freeze that I've gotten from time to time.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I tried applying the friends filter to stop the glitches,it didn't work.

Not only that,but I left the friends filter on had a glitch FULL race and arrived back in the lobby with 2 new players waiting [yes I am positive the friends filter WAS applied]

I don't know WTF is going on with online ,but that last 10 race session had every glitch ,lag,craft handling and BR problem that have been mentioned in this thread.
    Plus my console froze whilst loading the first race.
    It's stuffed up pretty badly.:-

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET RID OF SPECTATOR MODE !!!!

Since so many people actually want spectator mode, it seems clear that it would be better to fix it than just throw it out, yes?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I think yes. But they'd have to do more than fix the glitching for those in the game. When using the mode to view a race it doesn't look good at all so really it would need a massive overhaul to be of any use.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Saturn is right, spectate mode does not look good at all. Even if it was glitch free I doubt I'd use it as it's not at all representative of what's actually happening in the race.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Do so many people actually want spectator mode?

They might want the ability to join races,but the ability to watch them whilst in progress I think could be dropped without many complaints.
    But them again,I don't think just dropping that feature would fix things.
    It's the players joining that are causing the problems.

After my last post I did have a session of relatively glitch free races,mind you,I was hosting and there was a full field for nearly all of the races.[no friends filter applied,didn't see much point,as even that seems to not be working properly]
    But then my racing session finished for the night when ,yet again my console froze whilst loading a game.

This is so frustrating

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've barely played online in the last few nights. I've been doing speed lap and time trial but now my ghosts mess up every time. I've now also had the issue Darkdrium mentioned with ghosts showing as the wrong ship. I've uploaded an example to youtube so those who don't have the issue can see what's happening. I hit the ceiling and so this is obviously a very slow time, and yet the game shows me this ghost every time now. Very frustrating indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcSatteC1Ks