Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Lourio

Here's a few things I noticed ONCE I actually got to load up the game.. I didn't play too much last night but damn..

- Everytime I would start up the game after updating, the game would freeze up after the Studio Loverpool logo screen - the only to actually get in was to sign out of PSN, load up the game and play normally. Am I going to have to do this everytime? Thank the heavens my save file is still intact.

- Lag. So many points during an online race where it the game stops for a split second or two; once back to normal, I come out bouncing off every wall possible before I can get into a straight line. Happened WAY too many times.

- Don't if this has anything to do with the update; but damn there are sooooo many people picking up mines!

I know these have been posted earlier, but hopefully someone at SL sees all the complaints/on-going issues and releases another patch/fix.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    On top of that, the interface is a bit cluttered now (would have been better to
    use text lines: weapons: OFF, barrel rolls: ON ... rather than icons), but this
    is a very small detail.
    I think it's a rather big one, since all those variables are key aspects of every online race now. Half the time I spend sitting there trying to decipher what all the damn icons mean, and by the time I understand it, that race has started. The Grey and muted blue color scheme doesn't help one bit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

on top of that, I think the players should have the possibility to disable/enable themselves until they are ready !

I went into the lobby of a tournament to see which tracks were used, and the tournament started before I could see that every tracks were in reverse. I quit the tournament after the second race, and lose 1 rank u_u

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I felt sorry for everyone at first when I saw you'd started this thread, but I'm not going to start ranting again. To summarise:

1. The game just feels/handles differently. Having played for over 300 hours now, that difference amounts to feeling just plain wrong.
    2. The overall experience of the game is just frustrating. It wasn't fun for me last night at all.

My biggest annoyance is that this change comes at a time when there are more great competitions for online racing than ever. The World Cup, the Doubles Ladder - I can't even be bothered to play right now, which is a massive shame.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I hate to say it but it makes me feel much better seeing this thread. I know that not playing for 5 days will of course affect my racing, but i wasn't expecting it to be quite the catastrophic shitfest that it was...
    can someone please hack the game so i can downgrade it? pleeeeease???

don't take this the wrong way, but i'm pretty sure i'm good enough to get decent times. since v1.3 i have NOT started at the front in a single race and I haven't posted a time higher than 90th globally. I'm not being conceited or trying to insult anyone but its REALLY ****ING ANNOYING not being able to get good times anymore

people have already mentioned most of what i was going to complain about so i don't really need to say it again, i'm just going to agree with them.

i suppose it's early days yet and their are bound to be a few issues (yes it should have been tested but whatever).
    I'll just go with what a (stoned) soccermums said: let them iron out the kinks (they'd ****ing well better!!)
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 9th April 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm playing offline right now. One thing I've noticed is that you can't barrel roll at all if you're critical. Has that already been said? Probably, sorry if I missed it.
    That's definitely one good thing though. Maybe there are other things I didn't know about too.

Also, offline is definitely better than online was. Barrel rolls in my opinion are still tougher to do but not as bad as online, so maybe the lag is messing it up. There's a good chance that the slow feeling to the game was caused by lag. There's also a chance that I found it uncontrollable because I expected to get boosts from BRs but then didn't so I was steering too early. I think that makes sense. So overall, even though my experience last night was ****, I'm thinking that most issues might be lag related and can be fixed somehow. Although I hope that doesn't mean I have to pay a million bucks a month for an uber fast connection. I don't know enough about this stuff to really know how they can fix it.

Oh, but I still stand by what I've said before - essentially that they should have done less to add pointless features and more to improve the online racing experience while you're in the cockpit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Honestly, I haven't noticed any changes in handling, at least not in my Auricom. (and I know pretty much exactly how it handles - seriously, no change at all)
    I think AG-Sys and Icaras have lost a little weight, but not handling-wise, they just get pushed more easily (which is fair, they are supposed to be light ships).

About the BRs - I haven't had any trouble pulling them off so far, at least not more trouble than before the update I think they have to be executed a bit faster than before, but that's fine with me really.

Also, I've just had over 20 races with 8+ laps each, an didn't experience any lag whatsoever - I blame yesterdays inconsistant online gameplay on the high number of players total.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Hmm, sounds like maybe I should give it another go then, especially now that I'm over my anger. Soon as I finish filling my belly I'll be on. I hope you're right eLhabib.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

SaturnReturn: I hope you're definitely right about the no barrel rolls allowed when critical in energy. Been one too many times I've been pissed by the game being hyper sensitive on the controller when I'm at the hill jump on Ubermall or the last high jump on Chenghou and it decided to think I was trying to BR when I was really trying to align my ship for landing properly. Killed me more times than I can count. That alone would make my day.

One thing that I do kinda miss (not sure if I do completely though) is the annoying non-stop beeping when you're critical in Zone. It kinda stressed you and made you more likely to die quicker, but at least I knew I was critical. I didn't know I was critical when I played Zone last night until I was almost dead. Would be nice if they can set an option for the low health warning off/on.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Just finished a 2-hour session and have this to say:

It seems with the weapon tweaking they did (higher percentage of getting a weapon you need and weapons doing more damage to their victims & slowing them down more), as well as the seemingly sturdier physics/handling of the ships (that's my feeling anyway...I know some folks don't feel that way) and the more-difficult-to-execute BR's, they've really tried to even the playing field a bit. I find it much harder to gain sizable leads and maintain them. Tough to really separate from packs and then keep them off your back. I'm sure the players out there who are generally less competitive are rejoicing, but guess what? I DON'T LIKE IT. I don't mind having the elite pilots finishing 5-10 seconds ahead of me. In fact, I applaud them. That's their reward for being so damn good...they get to demolish the competition. I just feel like the ways SL has leveled the field are pretty much cheap and/or luck-based. What do you all think about this? Agree? Disagree?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Wipeout was renowned for its speed ! But now speed will be hard to reach, maybe it was time to convert the game from a racing to a shooter

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I completely agree L&P. I've just played the game for an hour and had to turn it off as I was so frustrated. My AG systems no longer feels like it used to, it feels slow, sluggish and I need to use more airbrake than usual so my racing line is f*cked essentially.

But the reason I turned the game off tonight was because I played about 10/12 races and I think I managed NOT to get eliminated in 1 of them. The game seems very weapons orientated now and frankly it sucks. I felt a tear well up when I exited the game and was unsure of if I'd be back. I think the new update was a great thing in terms of features, but as for what has changed concerning the physics of the game......

It's made me not want to play anymore

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm onlines now. I'm finding that if you get a bad start then you just get mined to hell, even more so than before. Also, on chenghou project on the first big jump I could not do a barrel roll at all for the first 4 laps. Then on the 5th lap it worked. I think offline was definitely better. Races seem to have very little flow at all now. If I ever host again, I think it's going to be Avalon stylee all the way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

to be a little harsh, it's no more "skills against skills" but "luck against luck" !!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Icarus is the fastest ship in the game? Yes?

Then why do a feel im not gaining a closer gap in a 20lap race at Moa Therma while chasing and AG system which has a speed ranking of 7, opposed to the speed ranking of 10 in the Icarus. Ive noticed this with this patch. Has any other users of Icarus have noticed this?

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Harsh but true leungbok. I'm not a great pilot, but I am a competant one, and to get eliminated by spates of mines and bombs almost every race is just eating away at my confidence. I haven't posted a single decent time since this update...has anyone?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

@Kigo: As an Icaras pilot I have noticed a few differences in the performance of the ship. It does feel slower, as though the thrust is no longer as high. Could just be me. Auricom feels just as fast now .

I'm not so sure about the weapons thing. I've got a few quakes in first today for no apparent reason. One thing I can say is that it seems weapons no longer, or have less of, a rarity level. This could explain the horrendous amount of mines and bombs on the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@ Stinkleroy. I think wotan has And with this example i remember that : "if it don't kills us, it'll makes us stronger !". So lets look at this new gameplay as a challenge to improve our skills, cat

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I like your positivity leungbok, but the way I'm going I will need an eternal shield to get any better...my racing doesn't seem to matter much anymore

MInes lasting longer. They were good the way they were. Seriously WTF, the game was already more focused on weapon combat than racing skills.

From the posts when the game came out, Ithink 95% of people were very happy with how it played, so why the game physics/weapons changes. It is not fun to have to dodge the same damn mines the entire game.

I think the main thing I saw was the barrel roll option/tracks/ships were the main thing that people wanted. Spectator mode would be cool, if it didn't slow down the game and make barrel rolls shitty. Please get it out if this is causing that to happen

Alright, no more complaints from me, I'm going to download it and see for myself

I think there should be a list that someone should keep, numbered in a list form for the bugs, maybe with a sticky or something, so the developers can see, so it will be easier for them to locate issues with the game, that should be corrected, rather than seeing a bunch of nuts (myself included) ranting and raving.