Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best FEISAR alternatives?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

Default best FEISAR alternatives?

I'm quite a FEISAR fan, but racing online with it puts you quite at a disadvantage, expecially in non twisty tracks... it's annoying to get taken over on a straight line after you got a big advantage on the preceding turns...

So i'm starting to think about other crafts... What are your suggestions? I love FEISAR handling, but i would like to get out of the pack a little faster... you know an early missle can really ruin your race early on...

what are your suggestions?

karsten

PS: i'm by no means an expert player! so i guess piranha is a no-no

PSN ID
    MrBrinkles

I had the same, so i switched to Goteki 45. In my opinion it has the same feel, but i guess this is really a personal thing. Goteki 45 isn't much faster then Feisar but it has the best thrust, so as long as you BR and hit all the boost pads you will keep up and may also win I also learned to race with Icaras, didn't take me that long to get used to it, allthough it is different from Feisar I'm trying to get the Elite Campaign Legend trophy so i had to learn to race with Icaras i guess.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

If You worried about Weapon Colision.

Goteki 45. You lose that handling boost and its one fo the slower crafts but You can take more time on turns and the thrust will make up for it in turns.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Get the FURY FEISAR alternative and the problems are gone!

Seriously on Phantom, FEISAR+ is an awesome ship, I'm using it right now
    because I need a good handling (since I forgot the timings a bit) and in fact
    it's doing great even on tracks like Anulpha Pass.

About the acceleration ... it's 8/10 I believe => very good.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

i do use fury feisar, but so far i mainly race on venom and flash... on rapier only if there's no choice...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Quote Originally Posted by karsten_beoulve View Post
    PS: i'm by no means an expert player! so i guess piranha is a no-no
    Blasphemy!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

you're biased!
    Last edited by Lance; 10th September 2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Hehe I guessed it more or less, in Venom/Flash/Rapier it's easy:
    pick the fastest ships, so that means:
    - Icaras
    - Piranha / Triakis / Auricom / EG-X
    - Harimau (good handling too <= I suggest you try that one)
    - Assegai

(Fury ship for Harimau)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

thanks, i'll look into harimau and make some tests online; i love handling crafts!
    Last edited by Lance; 10th September 2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Harimau (Fury Version) is a very good drivers' ship/craft/whatever. Without weapons on it's improved my average time by at least a couple of seconds on every track. Consistent as anything is the Furymau

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Thumbs up

I may sound a bit daft but at faster speeds like Phantom Class it is best to use the 'low handling ships', so you can anticipate the corners and see what's coming. You need something heavy and something that doesn't like to corner to buy some time, but it works!

I think Feisar just overturns too much and I consider it as the handicapped ship, or the newb ship. I use Icaras.

TBH you can be just as fast as anyone no matter what ship you use. All comes down to personal preference

Feisar? Noob ship? Try telling that to Wellington. One of the best HD players ever he was...

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Cool

As you said it all comes down to personal preference. In my opinion he has made the newb ship into a good example, but it will always be the newb ship.
    Last edited by Lance; 10th September 2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Learn to use multiple ships. Thats what i am doing.

Goteki is good if you want to get ahead of the pack at the start to get that all important first weapon pad.

Fiesar for the sebenco climb type tracks..Twisty bendy

AG=good allrounder

Harimu=same as AG but only use if your not gonna hit walls as the thrust is weaker.

But as mentioned Feisar is seriously good in the hands of a expert.
    Problems solver has got top20 SL in a fiesar and didnt even do all the BR's but he did use a near perfect racing line with no swinging out on corners.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    Seriously on Phantom, FEISAR+ is an awesome ship, I'm using it right now
    because I need a good handling (since I forgot the timings a bit) and in fact
    it's doing great even on tracks like Anulpha Pass.
    I'm riding the Fury-Feisar (FEISAR+) since the release of Fury and I can now tell
    that this craft is weaker than the HD-Feisar depite having better stats, which
    is odd for a new craft. The improved stats are a bit misleading. Some guy of SL
    once said that the improved stats won't make that much of a difference while
    racing when compared to the HD crafts. Now I know what he was talking about. In
    case of Fury- vs. HD-Feisar it comes down to that the only advatange of the
    Fury-Feisar is a slight gain in velocity on straights, but he loses too much
    speed while cornering and he is much more heavier (which offsets the gain in
    thrust) and as an effect doesn't have the agility of the HD-Feisar!

I did lots of runs on TDK (Speed Lap) with the Fury-Feisar (rank 14 atm), but
    after given the HD-Feisar a new go I saw a clear difference when going into and
    out of a corner. Further, due to the higher agility you can pull a BR a bit more
    easily on difficult spots. I was close doing a BR on the exit of last corner on
    TDR, I never got there with the Fury-Feisar. Well, I think I can improve my
    time on TDR from 21:69 to 21:5x (with only 2 BRs atm) using the HD-Feisar
    without much of a hassle.

I've played the Fury-Feisar to death online, could win lots of races, but
    playing agains the pros always put me on a disadvantage using the Fury-Feisar,
    because losing too much speed while cornering makes all the difference. And
    even if the HD-Feisar isn't as good as some of the other crafts, using it has
    made me much more competitive online, lately. And I'm still improving at a
    rapid rate.

What bothers me is that the new Fury-Feisar is weaker than the old HD-Feisar
    since the Fury-Feisar looks awesome.

And in case you haven't noticed, there is a trend towards the HD-crafts online.
    I've seen that some pros switched back to the HD-version as well. And I don't
    think they did that because the HD-crafts have better stats or do look any
    better. Hence, what I've written may also apply to some other crafts as well.

Edit: Yeah jasmin-jade, I'm close doing 4 BRs which will kick me straight into the
    Top3 on TDR.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 10th September 2009 at 02:29 PM.

well in general i've found that the fury ships are more tail heavy than their HD equivalents so they tend to slide a bit more in the corners. I think this may tie in with what PS is saying about corner speeds. The HD versions are on the whole much tighter and retain their speed through corners better than most of the Fury ships but the boosted stats pretty much balance this out.
    Still, Fury Harimau = hello ladies.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

so HD versions can be better then fury ones? or i misunderstood? i've never tried a HD craft so far, since i got the game less than a week ago, and bought immediatly the fury expansion. and with the fury expansion the carft stats seems so desperatly better...

anyone made a real comparison of the crafts?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@karsten_beoulve: Comparing the stats of a Fury-craft versus its HD
    counter part says nothing coz they aren't the same craft at all. Up to my
    point of view the enhanced stats counter certain drawbacks of the new
    Fury-crafts. For example, the enhanced thrust for the Fury-Feisar is needed
    to compensate for the increase in weight. However, I don't really know
    whether the Fury-Feisar has more weight or not, but it feels like that to say
    at least. But in general, the HD-Feisar has an overall better dynamics when
    going around the track. Even side-shifting feels different (better, in my
    opinion). But keep it mind, what I have written may not apply to all the other
    crafts.

PSN ID
    Whizzer-The-Hawk

Unhappy

I know what you absolutely mean with Feisar. When I've used it before I end up turning a corner fairly good, but as I leave the corner the ship exits the corner diagonally not straight because of too much steer inwards. I end up on a crash course into the wall unless I turn the ship back to heading straight down the track than diagonally into the wall.

However with Icaras and it's lack of handling per se...The lack of handling actually helps me around the corner on faster speeds so I exit the corners on a straight path - not into the wall.

About the heavy ship issue. I'm not sure it's really a problem for the bigger ships. I get hit by a missile or rocket with Icaras and I end up flying off the track or sliding off of it without the ability to side-shift back on. When I'm in the lead of my games, I am always put back into last place because Icaras is too fragile and gets pushed around and bashed too much...Well, that's what happens to me.
    Last edited by Whizzer The Hawk; 10th September 2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    karsten_beoulve

sometimes i get the same "over gripping" problem... i think i'll search for a "tighter" ship maybe...

BTW it's just me, of feisar gets a better candidate as speed grows from venom to phantom?
    Last edited by Lance; 10th September 2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.