Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default v1.30 update complaints

I haven't played enough with the new update to get really in-depth just yet, but right off the bat I'm annoyed:

1) The update resets your custom controller configuration

2) The "Select" button is not configurable when you customize your controls

That second one is surprisingly a PAIN IN THE *SS! I use Triangle as my rear view, and I had to set L2 as view change; I've already f*cked myself over in four races by accidentally switching my view. I used to have it applied to the Select button so I would never hit it unintentionally.

I'm just voicing frustration... maybe other people can chime-in with specific complaints and maybe some bright lad at Studio Liverpool will come across the thread and FIX THIS CRAP.

Also;

3) the myriad of icons for each race in the lobby is really difficult to understand at a quick glance... maybe it'll take time to get accustomed to?

4) When browsing races in the online lobby, the game only tells you "RACE IN PROGRESS" when you highlight it in the list... you have to physically highlight each individual option to see whether it has started yet or not, it should have an icon or be listed in another color or SOMETHING, so you're not scrolling through each one obliviously hopeful that a room may be open.
    Last edited by AG-wolf; 9th April 2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: lol freudian slip of a typo much?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Mines seem to live a lot longer now. (I'm lapping old mines a LOT now - it was rare before)

Mines seem to have grown in size - but it could be my brain.

The GAME I

S FRE

EZING A_LLLOT during gameplay! RAWR!

Barrel Roll success rate seems to drop substantially when near other ships or a pack -

Longer races (extended laps) fall under the same leader boards as the standard 3, 4 or 5 lap races.

Longer races have the same 30 second time-out after 1st place crosses the finish. Kinda felt bad for the chap who was 45 seconds behind me... Like he went all that way for nothing. :/

For what it's worth - whomever you were - thank you for sticking through it!
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 9th April 2009 at 04:43 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The race view suddenly changing mid race,I just had that happen to me twice.

From Cockpit view to Far,I didn't stand a chance once that happened.

Can we have a LOCK PREFERRED SETTINGS PLEASE.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I too had the view change on me! But I chalked it up to my thumb getting a little over-zealous - but it never happened to be prior to this update - so now I'm suspicious...

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

I would have to agree with IH8YOU on the leader board times for races longer than 3,4 or 5 laps! It seems like a huge over site that if you have a great race at longer distance you get stuck at the bottom of the 5 lap pile. Mines deffo last longer which is kinda cool if you are trying to eliminate from the front (good thing/bad thing depending on your perspective at the time) Over all I am pretty chuffed with it all and it does seem to have filled out the lobby's with loads of people vying for a race, normally at nearly 6 am BST there would be a 10-15 minute wait for more than 2 people in a race! I wonder how long it lasts?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Last edited by ProblemSolver; 9th April 2009 at 09:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

ok so if mines last longer that explains one of my complaints...
    as a racer sho is often nearer the back of the pack this change has taken a fair chunk of the fun out of the game.
    If I am knocked back to last place, I previously had 3 or four peoples mines and bombs to contend with, now I have 7
    it sucks
    I was actually under the impression that the weapon balance had been adjusted in favour of the blue weapons. either of the above eventualities suck for me

to people hosting: longer does not always mean better!
    20 lap races get boring on most tracks, and for anyone other than those in the first three places it's complete **** if weapons are on.
    The only extra-long races I have enjoyed so far are with weapons off.
    also, if you are hosting: please decide on a number of laps and stick with it.
    Frustrating joining a lobby and waiting for a race to finish, then when the host changes track they also increase from 5 to 10 laps. The default number of laps is a good number!

I haven't encountered the view issue, and my controls were untouched.. but I am getting the irregular stuttering now

edit: not a complaint, but a question: What does the weapon hint thing do? it still shows your weapon icon (I thought it would turn this off) it still tells you that someone has fired something at you or warns of impending blue weapons... so what is the "hint" that it hides?
    Last edited by Lion; 9th April 2009 at 06:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think it's the notification that tells you what weapon they are currently holding - it is next to the player name.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    3) the myriad of icons for each race in the lobby is really difficult to understand at a quick glance... maybe it'll take time to get accustomed to?

4) When browsing races in the online lobby, the game only tells you "RACE IN PROGRESS" when you highlight it in the list... you have to physically highlight each individual option to see whether it has started yet or not, it should have an icon or be listed in another color or SOMETHING, so you're not scrolling through each one obliviously hopeful that a room may be open.
    I totally agree with these 2.
    It's a pain in the a** to see which tracks are selected in a tournament.
    And having to highlight every tournament to check if it is running ... arg!
    Why not include a filter to that too u_u

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Luxoflux

here's another one. phantom single race records are f_cked. just check ubermall for example.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

There certainly is a lot of information to take in before each race.

They do need to fix the "race in progress". A bit of a pain having to cycle through every race to see which isn't already going.

I am quite liking the badges and the podium. Got a photo finisher one earlier after winning a race by 1/100 of a second. GET IN !!!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

My comments -

The positives:

1 - Thank you for giving us the opportunity to disallow PA users on our races. never again will we have to put up with trying to lap a PA user only to get slammed into a wall and end up losing a race

2 - Thank you for FINALLY fixing the bomb glitch, don't have to soil my pants anymore wondering which way to go to avoid one.

3 - Like the idea of the badges, gives you and other an indicator of how you handled a race

4 - I do like the fact you can see races that are in progress. Aside from makign the lobby look more busy, it allows you to easily target a game you want to join without having to wait around in wonder as to whether one will appear

5 - Great idea allowing you to instantly join a friend's race, don't have to keep wondering where they all are now

The negatives:

1 - Why has the handling been made lighter? I've only just gotten used to using the Goteki and now I'm having to learn all over again!

2 - Why have rockets been made into some kind of superweapon? Honestly, the mines were bad enough but rockets are now able to end a race with the amount of time it takes to recover.

3 - The constant jumping during games is ridiculous, I'm not the only one here who has lost races because of the game jumping in a key spot.

4 - I'm also not the only one who has lost a race because a routine barrel roll has decided not to work. I can only assume this is a lag issue. From now on all races I host will have barrel rolls turned off until this issue is dealt with.

5 - Talking of lag, I've noticed a marked increase in lag in games. I'm encountering more and more games where weapon pads take at least a second to give you a weapon, and in some cases not working at all

6 - As has already been said, it's all well and good being able to see games in progress, but why should we have to highlight them in order to see if it is in progress or not. It's really inconvenient and should be indicated straight away

PSN ID
    Greenix

Ok, so the clock roles on for at least an hour after the specified release time and the update appears late. Ok, i can deal with that, patience is a virtue.
    Downloading and installing it took about a minute tops. Just as it flicks onto the loading screen is when it all goes to . Freeze. I turn the ps3 on, off, on, off - constantly trying to deny the fact I know the update has corrupted my save data. Wonderful. After kissing my data goodbye I restart the game.

Oh goody, its working now.

I get online and decide to spectate a race. Spectate is urm, bearable. The ships jump about, doesn't turn properly and lags into walls. Anyone planning to observe a top player's lines would be better off being in the actual race.
    Ok, maybe I'm being harsh.. I'm just expecting too much perhaps.

So the race finishes and now i'm in the lobby selecting my ship. Where's my 3rd AG-Sys skin.. oh yeah, silly me, forgot I don't have it anymore.

Now for the race itself. Action. Cue huge glitches. Every now and then the screen would glitch and I'd find people suddenly infront of me which is impossile because
    1.) I never let go of x button and
    2.) Thanks to the weapon hinter I knew nobody behind me had turbo at that time. . Is this glitching down to someone spectating and switching to you? Well whatever it is, it's annoying.

The controls feel less responsive and Barrel Rolls feel like pushing a door with pull written on it. I NEVER fail to do a barrel roll on the chenghou drop, so why does it now fail to do so for a majority of laps. (BR was enabled).

The badges were, to my suprise, glitch free and overall a nice addition. Seeing some top players awarded badges such as relying on autopilot brought a smile to my disappointed face.

The ranking system.. Hmm, feels like SL discovered they were losing players so put this in as a way to get old people playing again. Well im lazy and pissed off because I have, had rather, 250 hours of racing time. I don't want to have to do hordes of racing again just to get a rank I would have had 10 times over by now. But that's more my own problem then a problem with the update.

As Luxoflux has said, there are some ridiculous times on the leaderboard now. One chap managed to do AP Rev in 15 seconds, wow.

Harimau also feels incredily heavier then before. Icarus is easier to steer around sebenco then harimau and AG-S feels lighter then feisar.

However, some of the other options worked well and id love to see a race on Sebenco Climb with 20 laps, where everyone is in a triakis with no weapons and PA disabled. May the best tank driver win. Other additions such as showing what race is next whilst the game is loading or the tournament standing on the loading screen is a nice finishing touch to what could have been a very good update.

Fortunately, since I wrote this yesterday and had to save it because my internet refused to post it, I have my old save data back. But really SL, get your act together.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@Hellfire. Looking forward to your next videos comments, mate !
    Seriously, i agree with you and Greenix, good ideas (and bad ones : br on/off , persistent mines, uberpowered rockets = ok, the game is more accessible now, not sure however that new casual gamers will stay for real now ), but poor achievement, please SL, fix it for the fans that always followed your creations and will always do !

Great post Greenix

I am really disappointed with the update. How it got of of QA I will never know (it did go to QA, right?) From here it looked like it went no where near.

Basically I feel that it has broken this great game. It feels different, acts different and now I really dont want to play it. Seeing the screen JERK / FREEZE like that in online races is making me sick. The spectator mode is a total joke. Totally useless.

A number of things have highlighted that this was thrown out the door not tested - the fact that you cant even play it after downloading is the biggest .

Is there anyway to revert back to the old game?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

[QUOTE=Greenix;12060

Harimau also feels incredily heavier then before. Icarus is easier to steer around sebenco then harimau and AG-S feels lighter then feisar.

[/QUOTE]

so...i'm not the only one...i've just finished a more deep session of trying of about one hour of OFF-LINE game, i've spot the exact same things as you

feisar feels suspiciously and unnaturaly heavier than before, harimau was the first ship i've used yesterday and i feel there was something strange...seems that there aren't anymore the small different edge from feisar harimau and assegai
    also...triakis seems speedier and lighter

need to do some light in the issues 'cause now the lighter ships seems heavier and heavier seems lighter

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Wow, after reading what everyone posted, I want to go back and physically see this stuff for myself

I'm especially concerned about the handling tweaks... I couldn't tell if something was changed on Qirex specifically, but it DID feel odd (could be attributed to it being after midnight and drinking).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Well i cant really complain about gameplay and online because the GAME WONT START AFTER THE PATCH!

EDIT: Wait a minute, did my Save file get corrupted.........Im afraid to check
    Last edited by SuperNova; 9th April 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I completely agree with Hellfire_WZ and Greenix, please SL fix those bugs...

Wipeout HD was a fantastic game, with near perfect gameplay and visuals, but
    not many online features.

Now we get the contrary: many online features, but the gameplay has suffered
    a bit (Barrel Rolls + slowdowns) and the visuals too (slowdowns).

On top of that, the interface is a bit cluttered now (would have been better to
    use text lines: weapons: OFF, barrel rolls: ON ... rather than icons), but this
    is a very small detail.

Please fix the slowdown and BR and we'lle get the perfect game!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

as for how the ON-LINE game can be fun as hell, with the lobbies full of people and many many options, the CORE game remains the OFF-LINE
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 9th April 2009 at 02:46 PM.