Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.30 update complaints

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default v1.30 update complaints

I haven't played enough with the new update to get really in-depth just yet, but right off the bat I'm annoyed:

1) The update resets your custom controller configuration

2) The "Select" button is not configurable when you customize your controls

That second one is surprisingly a PAIN IN THE *SS! I use Triangle as my rear view, and I had to set L2 as view change; I've already f*cked myself over in four races by accidentally switching my view. I used to have it applied to the Select button so I would never hit it unintentionally.

I'm just voicing frustration... maybe other people can chime-in with specific complaints and maybe some bright lad at Studio Liverpool will come across the thread and FIX THIS CRAP.

Also;

3) the myriad of icons for each race in the lobby is really difficult to understand at a quick glance... maybe it'll take time to get accustomed to?

4) When browsing races in the online lobby, the game only tells you "RACE IN PROGRESS" when you highlight it in the list... you have to physically highlight each individual option to see whether it has started yet or not, it should have an icon or be listed in another color or SOMETHING, so you're not scrolling through each one obliviously hopeful that a room may be open.
    Last edited by AG-wolf; 9th April 2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: lol freudian slip of a typo much?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Mines seem to live a lot longer now. (I'm lapping old mines a LOT now - it was rare before)

Mines seem to have grown in size - but it could be my brain.

The GAME I

S FRE

EZING A_LLLOT during gameplay! RAWR!

Barrel Roll success rate seems to drop substantially when near other ships or a pack -

Longer races (extended laps) fall under the same leader boards as the standard 3, 4 or 5 lap races.

Longer races have the same 30 second time-out after 1st place crosses the finish. Kinda felt bad for the chap who was 45 seconds behind me... Like he went all that way for nothing. :/

For what it's worth - whomever you were - thank you for sticking through it!
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 9th April 2009 at 05:43 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The race view suddenly changing mid race,I just had that happen to me twice.

From Cockpit view to Far,I didn't stand a chance once that happened.

Can we have a LOCK PREFERRED SETTINGS PLEASE.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I too had the view change on me! But I chalked it up to my thumb getting a little over-zealous - but it never happened to be prior to this update - so now I'm suspicious...

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

I would have to agree with IH8YOU on the leader board times for races longer than 3,4 or 5 laps! It seems like a huge over site that if you have a great race at longer distance you get stuck at the bottom of the 5 lap pile. Mines deffo last longer which is kinda cool if you are trying to eliminate from the front (good thing/bad thing depending on your perspective at the time) Over all I am pretty chuffed with it all and it does seem to have filled out the lobby's with loads of people vying for a race, normally at nearly 6 am BST there would be a 10-15 minute wait for more than 2 people in a race! I wonder how long it lasts?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Last edited by ProblemSolver; 9th April 2009 at 10:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

ok so if mines last longer that explains one of my complaints...
    as a racer sho is often nearer the back of the pack this change has taken a fair chunk of the fun out of the game.
    If I am knocked back to last place, I previously had 3 or four peoples mines and bombs to contend with, now I have 7
    it sucks
    I was actually under the impression that the weapon balance had been adjusted in favour of the blue weapons. either of the above eventualities suck for me

to people hosting: longer does not always mean better!
    20 lap races get boring on most tracks, and for anyone other than those in the first three places it's complete **** if weapons are on.
    The only extra-long races I have enjoyed so far are with weapons off.
    also, if you are hosting: please decide on a number of laps and stick with it.
    Frustrating joining a lobby and waiting for a race to finish, then when the host changes track they also increase from 5 to 10 laps. The default number of laps is a good number!

I haven't encountered the view issue, and my controls were untouched.. but I am getting the irregular stuttering now

edit: not a complaint, but a question: What does the weapon hint thing do? it still shows your weapon icon (I thought it would turn this off) it still tells you that someone has fired something at you or warns of impending blue weapons... so what is the "hint" that it hides?
    Last edited by Lion; 9th April 2009 at 07:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think it's the notification that tells you what weapon they are currently holding - it is next to the player name.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    3) the myriad of icons for each race in the lobby is really difficult to understand at a quick glance... maybe it'll take time to get accustomed to?

4) When browsing races in the online lobby, the game only tells you "RACE IN PROGRESS" when you highlight it in the list... you have to physically highlight each individual option to see whether it has started yet or not, it should have an icon or be listed in another color or SOMETHING, so you're not scrolling through each one obliviously hopeful that a room may be open.
    I totally agree with these 2.
    It's a pain in the a** to see which tracks are selected in a tournament.
    And having to highlight every tournament to check if it is running ... arg!
    Why not include a filter to that too u_u

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Luxoflux

here's another one. phantom single race records are f_cked. just check ubermall for example.