Thread: Screen glitching since text chat -anybody else?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Screen glitching since text chat -anybody else?

Anybody else suffering small glitches [like tiny game freezing] during online play since this new Text Chat came with 2.70 update?

It caused me to "pinball" off side walls at some stage in more than half the races due to the micro freezes, and the track appearing that half a second after it normally would.

I suffered this last night during a Avalon meet,I don't know if it was just the sheer weight of messaging that was going on [the right hand corner of my screen looked like a gray strobe light at some points,I gather the PULSE guys were racing/texting at the same time]

I just had to quit,I was getting in a foul mood rather than enjoying the racing.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Known bug with the notification messages and WipEout HD. Still has not been fixed.

Disable message notifications. You won't be able to see what the people are saying now, but at least you won't get the micro stutters.

Yes, I've had this happen too, it's WipEout HD's fault, it happens whenever someone connects online or sends a message too.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Feisar31

Yeah I disabled notifications after trying out chat for the first time. Even if it didn't cause little glitches I think I'd rather have the pop-ups turned off so I could focus on the race. It may also have been the reason that I got randomly disconnected and signed out of the PSN during an Avalon race.

On the plus side, going to the XMB in-game seems a bit smoother and more stable than it used to be.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

Ditto to what Feisar31 says. WipeoutHD used to crash quite regularly for me pre-2.70 when I hit the PS button to bring up the XMB. It crashed the PS3 so bad I had to do a hard power down/power up sequence to restart the PS3. Now it's more fast and responsive, but it logged me out earlier today when I was playing the 8 race Meltdown tournament, even though I wasn't racing online. Also noticed online races being laggy as hell lately, with me losing half my energy in the first lap due to bouncing around the track from fellow racers hitting me (even in Venom/Flash).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

yeah blackwiggle, we got constant screen glitches during the we, the chat was full & people from all over the world glitched the racing. Annoying -technically-, but a fantastic experience.I must admit that we have already enough lag pbs & weird physics reactions with that lol, but what a friendly chatbox meeting we had. I'm really out of this world 2nite, with images of my Icaras in fire lol. I'll probably emigrate to Cambodia soon.
    Last edited by kanar; 5th April 2009 at 09:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I suffered this last night during a Avalon meet,I don't know if it was just the sheer weight of messaging that was going on [the right hand corner of my screen looked like a gray strobe light at some points,I gather the PULSE guys were racing/texting at the same time]
    I could tell you kinda got pissed cause you went all quite. Yeah that was me bitchin about how quick that goddam Croatian Archman was.

lol at Stink, push him down the stairs, the rotten wooden stairs. lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I had a bit of glitching some of the time. But didn't notice anything towards the end of Avalon. Maybe I just became immune to it.

Something very strange happened in one race though. You can see it in the video below. It's on the third lap. I think there is a bit of screen glitching too. You can also see all the comments in the top. There are references to toilets and Cambodia, whatever that's about.

Ubermall big glitch and minor screen glitching with comments

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i haven't updated yet but last time i played even offline i was getting micro-freezes every so often. maybe my ps3 is ****ed...
    i'll update tomorrow and see what happens

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I thought I might have done something in settings to cause the glitching,[I'd previously had the PS3 hooked up to the computer to record maps for a project]

The glitching seems considerably worse than it has been previously.

I had also forgot to change my HUD back from the WO3 to the HD one,so that was throwing me out as well,I didn't want to leave the room to change it as I'd thought I'd never get back in again.

I see "Cambodia" has now been adopted by the forum as the default word to describe a race full of bombs and mines.

You'll have to blame me for starting that,it's a term only KIGO and I have been messaging each other up until now.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 5th April 2009 at 11:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Be glad you were only sucked in the wall. I literally went through a dimensional gateway and fell through the track. >.<

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I had a bit of glitching some of the time. But didn't notice anything towards the end of Avalon. Maybe I just became immune to it.

Something very strange happened in one race though. You can see it in the video below. It's on the third lap. I think there is a bit of screen glitching too. You can also see all the comments in the top. There are references to toilets and Cambodia, whatever that's about.

Ubermall big glitch and minor screen glitching with comments
    Cambodia = Complete and utter chaos on the track, featuring alot of mines and bombs

The Toilet Question = Was a random question i was asking the French if they use toilet paper in France, but what ive been told they use the fountain thing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I thought I might have done something in settings to cause the glitching,[I'd previously had the PS3 hooked up to the computer to record maps for a project]

The glitching seems considerably worse than it has been previously.

I had also forgot to change my HUD back from the WO3 to the HD one,so that was throwing me out as well,I didn't want to leave the room to change it as I'd thought I'd never get back in again.

I see "Cambodia" has now been adopted by the forum as the default word to describe a race full of bombs and mines.

You'll have to blame me for starting that,it's a term only KIGO and I have been messaging each other up until now.
    Lol. True. First time you sent that in a PM over the PSN a few months ago i laughed quite hard. That term is quite useful in describing the race in just one word. Kanar was saying how many mines and bombs in that race, so i decided to reply and say "Cambodia Kanar", there where alot of LOL re after that.