Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just completed the tri-console network!

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

Default just completed the tri-console network!

Either I have way too much money, or I am well and truly addicted to games...... I just got my Xbox. Which will most probably gather dust with my Gamecube, because I m still trying to get past zone 5 in Fusion.
    Microsoft held a special event linked to a popular games retailer, where you can take home the box, and 5 games for £250. Which may seem like a lot of money, but compared to what it should cost normally, it`s a steal. Got Halo, Taz:Wanted (which I gave to my little cousin) Project Gotham Racing, Wreckless, and......... quantum redshift.

forget fusion...... there is a new god.
    thats all I am going to say now, but more WILL follow.
    this game is truly awesome.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

So the Video Game Gods have been gratefull to you.
    Thats good

but I still say the XBOX bites
    but have played a few of the games you got
    Halo
    thats a good game play both XBOX and PC.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

The system itself looks loke a big black brick. Ugly would be an understatement! The menus all covered in booger-green..... In short, I dont like the xbox, I just like the games that the developers make for it. In an ideal world, all games would be ported onto every console, but people have to make money somehow....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

If Bill Gates wanted to make money

More money than what it already has
    then he would have created a game console that look a whole lot better
    than AMP looks like.
    you know the thing, you hook up to your Woofer system in your car and is attached to
    one or four 12in Kicker competion speakers.

And goes Boom, Boom, BOOM,BOOM.

Default Re: just completed the tri-console network!

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster2097
    forget fusion...... there is a new god.
    aw man, don't say that! i don't want to have to buy an x-box as well...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

I think you would only have to buy the XBOX for one good reason.
    -and this is what I would do.
    If the seventh Wipeout game is for the XBOX system
    1.Wipeout
    2.Wipeout 2097
    3.Wipeout 64
    4. Wipeout 3
    5. Wipeout 3 Special Edtion
    6. Wipeout Fusion
    Other wise just buy the XBOX and hook it up to your car as an entertainment system for when you are busy not doing anything on the road.
    Cadillac El Dorado
    Mazda RX7
    Honda Civic
    Saturn SC2 or SC1
    etc

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

I`m not joking, the xbox would be really good for an in-car system, seeing as it stores audio tracks onto a playlist. It kinda destroys any cd changer that I know of...
    and yes, it does look like an amp..... only thing is an amp will wave green neon lights somewhere on it.....

I already said that I didnt buy it because I like it, I only got it because it was cheap. I could slate it for an eternity..... but i'm naturally a bit more optimistic! (but I could pick faults quite easily)

:jmoid I'll bring the xbox with me when I visit, you will definatley love OR hate it, bou its something you have to experience....
    and :dj_techno..... quantum redshift may aswell be named WipEoutX. Made by a wipeout legend for a new breed of pilot. Thats a big compliment!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

prey tail may I ask...

who is the Wipeout Legend?

Thruster-I am thinking about putting my PS2 system into my car
    a Saturn SC1, I use the car mostly for and I am proud of being one/doing it.
    Street Racing and going to car shows like Import Nights and other events.

Should I put the XBox system inside my car instead of the PS2?

the wipeout Legend is Nick Burcombe, the game designer of both the original wipEout and wipeout 2097/XL. you've seen his posts here in the forums. most recently, on the ''questions for the designers'' thread

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Ok.
    now I know.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Default Beemers and Legends

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Techno
    Should I put the XBox system inside my car instead of the PS2?
    Although that sounds like fun, I honestly do not see the point. Are you going to park somewhere by the ocean and boot up you system. Okay, that may sound like fun, but I honestly don't see the point. For road trips it's great but if you're the driver you've got only one thing to do and that's drive.

I always hear people saying, wow this is great when they're referring to vans with DVD players or even cars. There was this one BMW my sister showed me that had a wine bar and stuff inside. Ok, that's a bit of a hyperbole but it had a lot of stuff that your house would have. She was saying how much she'd love to have that car. Sure I would to, but what fun is it if you have to hire a driver and you're the passenger.

I'm all about performance and doing this myself.

spaceboy gajo

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Spaceboy Gajo
    "Although that sounds like fun, I honestly do not see the point. Are you going to park somewhere by the ocean and boot up you system"

Yes its going to be fun, the point in putting the game system inside of my car is to customize it to a perfect detail that makes my car the hottest import on the streets.
    My little thing I do that doesn't involve around education and work
    Customizing and Racing Cars and Motorcycles.
    I am making my own website, its going to be called the House of Techno.com, completely dedicated to Electronic music, AG Racing, DJ, music, Art, Street Racing, Import/Domestic Cars, etc. Someday I will make the website.

The risk in putting in the game system inside my car is great and not so great.
    1. power
    2. place to put everything
    3. Theft (thieves)

I do agree putting a wine bar inside a BMW is a bit over the wall there.
    wait a minute.
    was the BMW like a limo?
    because if it was then I would want to own that car also.

'' that makes my car the hottest import on the streets. ''

i coulda sworn that a Saturn is a GeneralMotors car made in north america, and therefore not an import since you indicated that you live on the ''east coast'' of north america

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

DJ Techno,

I honestly cannot remember which BMW it was, but it was a regualr sized sedan and not something that was stretched. All I remember is what my sister showed me.

As for imports, I do not think Saturn's are considered Imports. More like Hondas, Volkswagen, anything other than the US. It sounds fun and when you do get it done send us a link, I'd like to see it.

Also, do the same for your web site when it's done. I'm interested in how it'll turn out.

spaceboy gajo

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Cool I will get right on it

well truthfully my friends will
    there helping me bring the website to life.

As for the car
    It will probaly be a couple weeks
    as soon as all finacial things are in order
    and I collect the tools and parts for hooking the system up into the car.

Its nothing like doing the speaker and stereo system, its much more complexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster2097
    :jmoid I'll bring the xbox with me when I visit, you will definatley love OR hate it, bou its something you have to experience....
    cool, i'm going to by a big telly at some point soon, so we won't have to play it on my 14" matsui

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

from my experience, dont bother with widescreen tv's. Sure, they look modern, and they have more bells and whistles than gadgetshop.com, but the only thing they are really fantastic for is DVD players. Lets face it, every TV station, satellite and cable station and game console produces a 4:3 signal. its just a lucky few that have a 16:9 option.
    I just get really annoied that some of the really great games (like Project Gotham, for instance) have to be played on a 4:3 aspect ratio, which when played through a 28" widescreen, looks more like a 16" portable. You could get a realllllly huge 33" 4:3 TV for around the same price as a small widescreen.....

but its your choice at the end of the day......

was Project Gotham originally called Metropolis Street Racing, that was developed for the Dreamcast? i saw that in one place online, but i don't know for sure if they were right and it's the same game

yeah i prolly won't bother with widescreen, all i need is something reasonably sized that does NTSC 60hz and i'll be happy. the black bands at the edge of the screen on non-widescreen stuff do my head in!

Default project gotham, metropolis street racer

from what I have played of them they feel like the same. kudos are very bad, even worse than points in QR. I'll play any ridge racer game long before this one. I just think there is much better.