Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who loves Icaras?

The original one, the fastest!
    Very stronger line, 'so challenging to pilot well, but....it can gives a lot of satisfaction .
    I think that Icaras in Wip3out is one of the most realistic ships in the WipEout history.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

A thread focused on Love for Icaras...and i've missed it this long..LOL
    WO3 Icaras was a favorite, HD and Fury is only a shadow of its original conception. Much like piranha is now compared to its XL incarnation. But d@mn that is a sexy craft...i always loved the forward sloped wing design.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

And if all above wasn't enough, the song Icaras kicks hiney just as much. However, I think I will forever be an Assegai pilot.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I've found a love for it in HD and Fury. I now race consistently with it and love it. Though Assegai will still be the ship for me in Wipeout 3.
    Last edited by SonicChaos; 2nd August 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Really wish i wasn't poor as **** so I can afford a PS3 and the awesome-ness that is WipEout HD. I've played at a friend's house but that just made it worse. Now I have an uncontrollable urge to master that game and compete online. I never got to try the icaras at my friend's house. Kept blowing up, so I stuck with Goteki and triakis most of the time.

Anyway, Icaras's place in my heart was being threatened by assegai the last time i played wo3. Though that was weeks ago so the feeling has probably gone away.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Lol. The superb handling is just too much to ignore.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Indeed it is. Especially now that I suck after that HUGE metroid break I took, from wipeout. Though I think Icaras will still hold that..."special" spot in my heart.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Wait, Metroid break?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Quote Originally Posted by SonicChaos View Post
    Wait, Metroid break?
    Yep. After I got the news of metroid: other m, I've played all three metroid primes(again), hunted down Metroid fusion(still haven't beaten it yet), and downloaded and played Super metroid and the original metroid from the wii's virtual console. So yeah, I've been busy.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Ah I've preordered Metroid Prime Trilogy (even though I own all three already) and beat all of them and the first 1 cleared on hard mode as well. Fusion I've beat consistently with no deaths and an average time of 1:30 with 42% of the items (beaten over 15 times now). So yea, I've played it alot. Wipeout HD will still be played frequently until then.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

I've also preordered the trilogy. I just beat mp3 on hypermode difficulty last night with 100%. Beat fusion the other day. Got 55% items, but it did take me 5:04 hours Right now i'm working on 100% on mp1. I'm also waiting for metroid 2: return of samus to arrive in the mail. Gettin' a little off topic, aren't we

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

yea, but no one else is around. I played a little of Metroid 2 (don't ask how) and didn't like it at all. I'm only missing all the logbook scans in Mp1 and almost beat Mp2 on hard mode. working on Mp3 on hyper.

*coff*

Someone else is around.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

oh umm heh *ahem* yes Icaras is an amazing team and I hope they stick around for a long time.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

oh...ummmmm....my, this is quite the awkward moment, heh...

You've got no idea how long it took it me to stop laughing to post this message. Pretty much how my luck has been since school started wensday.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

It does seem that way. Everyone's arguing over eliminator taking over the online games in HD so it seems this forum is getting neglected.

If this thread is being neglected, that's because no one has anything to say about Icaras fandom at the moment. But that's okay; threads don't mind being neglected. When someone wants to talk about the excellent Icaras, they will come here again.

If you guys want to talk about Metroid, why not start a Metroid thread in the 'Offtopic' section of the WZ?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I meant WO3 Forum, still I kinda want to, but procrastination has taken over.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

not entirely wip3out related, but Icaras fan related for sure; I know I've already posted in the pilot lounge for that, but I'm so happy to announce you here too that I've opened a new social group dedicated to the Icaras die hard fans. On a side note, I'm considering to get tattooed soon with the beautiful Icaras logo . Maybe I love too much this ship ah ah. Especially the Fury one now (well not the rear, but the rest is beautiful)

Social group link here, featuring awesome Icaras wallpapers all made by Kyonshi!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ravenwest_15

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitar64 View Post
    Assegai and Icaras are godly.
    Do i need to say more?