Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD Trophy Guide

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Default WipEout HD Trophy Guide

Bronze Medals: http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18438

For those that are new or still trying to collect them.
    I'm sure most of it's right.

3. Silver Trophies

3a. Campaign Legend
    Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign

This means getting a gold medal on all 87 race campaigns, can be done on any difficulty, so this shouldn’t be too bad, it just may take a little bit of time to achieve.

3b. Airbreaker
    Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.

Quite a hard one to get, but practise makes perfect. Any auto pilot settings such as pitch and ‘pilot-assist’ must be turned off. All you can use to steer is the L2 and R2 buttons (and sideshifting using these). As usual, use the Anulpha Pass track. Zone 50 (subsonic) takes about 8:20 to achieve. Just try to be as smooth as possible. If you touch the d-pad/Analogue stick once you won’t be awarded the trophy if you reach zone 50, so don’t be tempted.

3c. Tournament Ace
    Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty.

Simple enough, load up a Racebox 8 race tournament, on Skilled difficulty, using your favourite or easiest tracks and win all 8 races. Turning weapons off may help you with this trophy, if you know you’re faster (remember you can’t regenerate shield again with weapons off, so don’t hit too many walls, or you automatically DNF if you destroy yourself).

3d. Connected 2
    Win 10 online races.

Just like Connected 1, but you have to win 10 online races, instead of finishing 10. Try joining races that are using the lower speed classes and fewer people if you’re having a problem with this, or you could ask a friend to let you win a few~

3e. Lapped Out
    Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session.

Easy as pie, but could be boring as hell if you’re the type that doesn’t like to strive for super fast laps. You can just do the lazy man’s method of putting ‘Pilot-assist’ on for your player, and taping down the X button, put it on a Speed lap session with the fastest speed class, and just go get a coffee of something for about 30-40 minutes. Come back and presto, free trophy. Personally I just do the 99 laps as it’s faster. Good time to do it is when attempting the ‘beat Zico’ trophy.

3f. AG Assassin
    Eliminate 50 online opponents.

As it says, destroy 50 opponents on the online mode. If you’re just aiming for the trophy, sit at the back of the grid and try to use weapons such as quakes, plasma bolts and missiles, etc. An easier way is just get a friend, start an online race with just the two of you. Load up ubermall, and ask them to just sit at the part of the track where it splits. Then you can just go round in circles, picking up weapons and destroying them (in a nice way of course.)

3g. WipeOut Disciple
    Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team.

As it suggests, acquire 100,000 loyalty points for any one team. So just pick a favourite team that suits you best, stick with it and go through the Campaign mode and online modes with it. Zone mode you can get a good amount of points for a good run (1500+ points on Anulpha Pass). May take a while, but easy enough.

4. Gold Trophies

4a. Elite Campaign Legend
    Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty.

Just like the Campaign Legend trophy you have to get a gold on all 87 race campaigns, but this time race events against Comp A.I (Single races and Touranments) have to be done on Elite Difficulty. This will be quite hard to do, especially when you get to the last Campaign on Phantom Speed, as at this speed class the A.I on Elite is very skilled. Basically time, effort and sweat will help you get this one. As your skills increase this should become easier to do.

4b. Zone Zeus
    In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track.

Two words: Anulpha Pass. Seriously if you’re not used to extreme speeds, then this may seem impossible to achieve. You’ll have just have to practise this one a lot. You’ll have to use the airbrakes more and more as the zones and speed increase, especially for the left handers. Try to keep as clean as possible early on to keep your health for later. You’ll need to have nerves of steel and to be as smooth as silk (turning the music off may help). Always try to go for the upper right path and jump off early to the left at the end, at higher speeds you may hit the pillar just before the start line. Remember that a perfect zone (not hitting anything for the full 10 seconds of a zone) will recover 10 health. But when you reach that amazing Supersonic zone world of Neon blue and black, it’s so very worth it.
    Example video shown is of me achieving this. Try to avoid the pinball effect if you hit a wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvEe4MTn0d8

4c. Arcade Perfect
    Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty.

First note, the game doesn’t list what ones you have won, so write them down when you have. The A.I on elite difficulty is brutal, just like the old Wipeout games, and it will take a lot effort to beat them on every track (including all reverse variations). Chenghou project and Sebenco climb are probably the hardest tracks to win on. Turning weapons off may help you with this one if you’re having no luck with weapons.

4d. Beat Zico
    Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.

Ah Zico, don’t we just love you. For me personally, and thousands of other people, this caused me much rage and frustration. It literally took me hundred upon hundreds of laps to finally crack that lap time target. Sure it may be flying a ship on the slowest speed on an easy track, but you have to be so precise and fit in as many barrel rolls as possible to get a lap time that low.

Start by saving your speed boost for the lap, and just use it as you cross the start-finish line so you get another as your cross. Cross all three speed pads in the first corner and sideshift after the third one to get a tight line. Straight after this they’ll be a slight bump In the road. This is where you use your speed boost. You’ll need to go tilt up and perform the first of 4 barrel rolls.
    Because when you perform a barrel roll you get a speed boost when you land, as soon as you land you’ll be at the top of the hill going down to the narrow section, this is where you can perform a second barrel roll in quick secession. Make sure to land on the track each time.
    From here just keep a tight line and run over all the speed pads as possible (2 on the tight left hander). Now comes the hardest part. Where the track splits at the end of the left hander you need to go move to the right across the track and aim to jump off the peak of the track (aiming right of where the upper path is), now you should just barely have enough time to perform a barrel roll, and move back to the left to land on the track again. It’s extremely tricky to fit in a successful barrel roll in the short amount of time you have.
    Basically from here, keep your nerves together, jump of the track early to the left (while performing another barrel roll) and land on the speed boost, and cross the line, get the trophy and go get a cold one, because it’s sure one of the toughest trophies you’ll ever earn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXySH-j2FE

4e. Livery Liberation
    Unlock every ship skin in the game.

With the likes of Zone Zeus and Zico, this one’s a cakewalk. Just unlock all 4 skins for each team. This requires you to earn at least 8000 loyalty points for all 12 teams, and unlock the chrome campaign skin. Just takes time really.

Getting all these trophies will reward you with the Transcendence Platinum trophy, a very tough feat to accomplish. Congratulations if you do!

5. Credits
    Guide by djKyoto (PSN also this).
    Last edited by djKyoto; 1st April 2009 at 12:05 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

For Chengou Project [Arcade Perfect] I explain the tricks or "shortcuts" to use in the video description here, as well as performing them once live (As example). You can link to it if you want, it was made to help

Nice guide.

EDIT: If they need any more help than in the Chengou Video I'll try to reply to your topic if it's possible with tips, like the little "bounce" I do against the wall for the sharp left we all love and hate at the beginning xD
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 27th March 2009 at 12:50 PM.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

nice grind
    Last edited by Lance; 27th March 2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: READ THE RULES AND YOU'LL KNOW WHY.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Nice guide djKyoto.

I thought of doing a BR & shortcut guide using the videos posted and editing them, but a lot of them have been removed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

look at my speedlaps and br location videos, some will help you, mate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zud_N...eature=channel
    and the videos of other pilots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23V18...eature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hwfTPl1MnA
    Last edited by leungbok; 27th March 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Aaaah chengou-im fking pissed what a track......maybe even the best track in next-gen wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Thanks Leungbok.
    Piraphac is the main offender regarding removal of the "Hard to do but possible" videos that basically scuttled that project.
    I don't know why?
    Not that it's my call.
    They were his video's,he can do what he likes with them.
    NO aspersions onto him.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Shameless self promotion time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y4V2OXGAw&fmt=22

I think it's a pretty good job of explaining the trick on this track
    (Like last time check the description for different qualities and help tips)

Don't know if everything can be included in your guide though, it would make it rather large

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I went through EVERY video that has ever be posted and noted all relevant points of interest [Took ages].
    I had compiled a list and was about to download all videos to avail for editing.
    PM'ed Insertcoin for advice on "Best practice"
    Then it went belly up as some of the best ones 'Most perverse place to BR" disappeared.

I'll start from scratch again using what's available.

If any of you have posted a video previously and have since removed it.....well could you PLEASE RE post it.

It's a torturous task I'm undertaking,I want to make it worthy of a frequent visit by all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You are correct.

I've never seen those videos before.

A lot of the "Wipeout Arena" posts/videos I am oblivious to.

I know a lot of BR & short cut situations that have been passed out amongst our french friends in that forum that have not been revealed in any detail at the ZONE.

No wonder they are Le premier troupe

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Normal that the trick's discoverers improves their times first
    You know the SL/TT contest is becoming very disputed, that's why the best pilots keeps their "secrets" for a while, but at the end it's released in public videos. Other reason is that they wants to show their discoveries to friends first to be sure of the efficiency of those, before showing it to everybody.
    And yes, Pirhapac is maybe the best discoverer of new crazy and usefull tricks, let's hope he'll show more of his stuff in the future But we also need some TT/SL videos of Wellington, Greenix, Yeldar and Luxoflux !
    Last edited by leungbok; 28th March 2009 at 11:14 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The whole issue is that the vast majority of even the best Phantom pilots do not possess the skill of a Wellington or a Pirhapac.

Nor the ingenuity to invent and pull off these maneuvers.

These racers are abnormalities ,their skills are far and above the other racers.

Even if ALL their shortcuts and BR places were to be revealed,I sincerely doubt that anybody could pull them off with any fluency,certainly not to be a threat to either racer.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

@leungbok: i'd gladly make some tt/sl videos but i'm not sure they'd be that helpful as my times aren't that great....
    but if you want i can

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Looking at the speed that you improve, i'm sure that we'll all soon be very interested to study an analyse your lines and tactics

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

My Hope was/is have a track outlay/map of each track.

Have the track [pin pointed,Video example] at the places that a BR could possibly be done [could get REALLY specific as in what speed you can do/can't do it at]

Shortcuts would be pin pointed [and where and how to do them] at the appropriate points

All pin points would have you see a video example.

Am I dreaming?
    Or can this be done?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

You mean something like that (with some comments on how to boost, br etc.)?
    http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net...ut-hd-t782.htm

It's a good idea, mate, and also a huge and long work !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Leunbok.....are you meaning how I improve?

I wish.
    Seems like I have hit a dead wall.
    I'm NO hot shot,but I can hopefully hold my own amongst those that records say they are faster than me.
    I really have to play online more.
    I can't give up.that sucks,I might as well top myself if I allude that situation.

Wipeout: We live ..We die !

I can't access the ARENA forum [that link] as I am not a member.
    I Would like to be but since my French is totally abysmal I see no point.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th March 2009 at 02:14 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

As I said to you blackwiggle, it can be done on youtube with a bit of effort - you can have a track map video, and there are annotations/links to click on for each BR location, each linking to a different video.

Eg. http://www2.picfront.org/picture/1MX...g/Vineta-K.jpg
    Track map video, and each red spot links to another video with the BR for that location. The video shouldn't have any red spots so it can be dynamically updated with hotspots for new locations.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Problem is that a lot of the videos have been removed.
    Makes it a half completed project.

If I do something ,I want to do it as a complete exercise.

If you want to do something,do it properly
    No half arsed ATTEMPT.

I'll spend some serious time mapping this all out.
    See what's it's going to take,then ask for help/expertise when needed.
    I WILL need help.
    I want as best as can get situation.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th March 2009 at 02:38 PM.