Thread: What will help me turn better?

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Default What will help me turn better?

...braking or lateral stability? These are the two parameters that I haven't touched much when modifying my ship (the awesome EG-R), and I really need to get better at making sharp turns. The manual doesn't seem to tell you, so... what should I do?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

braking, or riding the edge of the track. If you're a Wipeout purist, though, riding the wall probably isn't your personal approach even if it can be faster in some cases.

It's been a while since I spent time with Fusion, but see if pitch helps at all, like bringing your nose down.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Lateral stability is the 'handling' of fusion I'm fairly certain. Braking helps too of course.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

OK; let me try raising the lateral stability a bit. I've managed to get through (I think) 70% of the arcade leagues, mainly using an EG-R ship with 48% enhancement; most of that is in speed and thrust (4 units each) and shield. I've got plenty of cash; should I go to <75% or will that make the rival ships too strong?

The EG-R doesn't pick up much lateral stability when you increase it; I think it's one percentage point to start. So I never got into raising that number, as opposed to the speed which goes up quite a bit even by raising it once.

I'm still trying to figure out how to turn in Zone mode -- you can't make adjustments to your ship! AG-Wolf, can you ride the wall without losing shield somehow? I got into WO with Pure and Pulse and know nothing of these tricks. ^^;

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

oh lol Zone mode? no, you can't ride the wall and not lose your sheild Im just talking in normal races. As far as Zone mode goes, I suck at that.. it's the only thing I haven't completed in the game and I've owned it since it launched. Can't help you there :3

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Might want to ask oggob about zone mode! =D
    Ag-Wolf, I want to see some Fusion videos

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

in time I was gonna do some videos of games in general this morning but ive been playing HD since I woke up D: Cant get anything else done hahaha