Thread: I think Venom is hard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Default I think Venom is hard

Crazy as it sounds I think Venom class is hard to race. I was on last night and there was a couple of people on and the only races were Venom. I entered a eight race tournament and found it to be difficult. You're whole timing is off. You can't BR in places you're used to. You have to pick you're line completely (well maybe not completely but you know) different. I don't know how many times I ended up turning too early and slamming into the inside wall of a turn.

Don't get me wrong I won 15 out of 16 races (we went twice) but it was a whole other challenge. Weird actually. It's almost like a different game.

Well, its because you got used to a different speed class, got totally acclimated to it. All your automatic timing of inputs that you gained by practise are completely wrong for a different speed; every turn or acceleration needs a different amount of anticipation. You'll find that to be true for every speed class you change to after getting used to one. It works both ways, too, going to a faster class or to a slower one. All of them are innately difficult to perfect your performance on.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I had exactly the same experience,turning too early on Sebenco -Venom.
    I only raced it for a brief relief from Phantom TT's

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I find that what gets thrown off most for me in dropping back to venom is my sideshifting

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Venom is slow as **** kinda like driving on the freeway and getting fuktards in front of you braking for no reason WTF!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

It makes for interesting single races: if you are the host, have two races per track, one venom and one rapier/phantom...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    You'll find that to be true for every speed class you change to after getting used to one. It works both ways, too, going to a faster class or to a slower one. All of them are innately difficult to perfect your performance on.
    Yeah. It's definitely an acclimation thing. But I seem to flow pretty well between the other three classes much better. Other than the timing thing it seems like you're just not going fast enough to get that "float" or "bounce" that allows you to do a lot more maneuvering.