Thread: Arcade Perfection

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Default Arcade Perfection

Got the Arcade Perfect trophy today and wanted to share! Just sat down and blew through it all in one sitting...took less than two hours and was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I came in first on my first attempt on all but two of the forward tracks (Chengou - 2nd try, Sol 2 - 4th try). Came in first on my first attempt on 4 of the reverse tracks, with the others taking no more than 6 attempts...can't remember the exact details of the reverse tracks though. I have to say, the Phantom Elite AI is no longer intimidating to me at all after playing against the Phantom Elite real pilots online...I find the Elite AI quite easy now. Anyway, that's it...I'm happy!
    Last edited by LOUDandPROUD; 22nd March 2009 at 10:47 PM.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Congratulations! I can barely remember getting any of my trophies, I blasted through all of them in September and October. I do remember that I turned weapons off on some of the tracks whilst getting the arcade perfect trophy. It made it that bit easier and helped when my skill wasn't as developed.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Congrats too ... ... I did all the forward ones yesterday and going for the reverse ones now. Have another strategy though, first TT sessions like crazy for memorizing and getting close to some records, then switch to the single race. Will take a tad longer, but helps for getting competitive in the online races (seems like the exact opposite strategy than yours ) ... But yes, Arcade Elite seems far more easy to get than the Elite campaign mode. Congrats again, and don't forget to polish that shiny blingbling thingy from time to time

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Thats great for you hey

I gotta say Arcade Perfect was a bit of a hard one, and is the only trophy that i have actually broken a controller over

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I didn't break a controller, but I kill a thumb nail trying to beat Chenghou forward and then reverse, until you recommended that I change to Fieasar.
    Then I beat the Elite AI with far less dramas.

My biggest problem challenge in the whole game [apart from Zico and Zone Zeus] was going for elite campaign legend, beating elite AI - Sebenco- Rapier ,for some reason it took me easily over 50 attempts to get that,Phantom was a doddle in comparison.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Still have to get this trophy, just never seem to have the time to sit down and do it
    arg, zone zeus, wonder if I will ever get that one

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Give it a try with some dexamphetamines, you should be able to get the trophy in the day.

Zico is still a ****, and time is what i dont have alot of, this is the **** which is preventing me from getting the Platinum unfortunately. Ill probably get it when i less expect it, just like the double kill and the zone zues trophy.
    Last edited by Lance; 24th March 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated! Please read and follow the guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Zone zeus and airbreaker are the ones I don't look forward to

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Airbraker trophy is not as hard as you might think. Change the airbrakes to the annalogue triggers, and go with the flow

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Yup the airbrake trophy is not such a pain, pretty easy. The zone ship maneuvers pretty well with airbrake only. For me arcade Elite, Zone Zeus (Will never get this) and Zico (This one even less) missing the last ticks on the toDo list. Transcendence , so near, yet so far away

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I have a good chuckle at some peoples HD trophy list.
    There have been quite a few that I have seen that they are missing only one or two trophies for Transcendence,but they are not the usual suspects like Zone Zeus or Zico or Bling Brigade.

They have been ones like Gemini [two player split screen] or Motion Master [win a race with the motion control],Double Kill [how anybody can get all other trophies and not get this one in the process I find very strange]

The thing is,If you check their stats in a months time it would be exactly the same.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

if you tend to use more lightweight craft, then you absorb more, which makes getting the double kill a lot harder.
    I haven't got that trophy yet, for exactly that reason. I started with AG-Systems and it got me into an absorbing mindset

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

Regarding the Gemini: not everyone has a second PS3 controller (or another family member/friend interested in Wipeout to race with). I ended getting mine a little unscrupulously, by boosting. I played 20 split screen races with my main login account using the SixAxis controller as the primary player, and used my PS3's bluetooth remote I had bought for controlling movie playback as the secondary controller. I thought the remote's battery would be dead before the 20 races was up, since it took about an hour to complete all 20 races.

Pilot Assist On for both players, Venita K Forward Venom for all 20 races, holding down the acceleration (X) button on both the SixAxis and remote controls until each race was done. I know it's cheap, and it's the only time I've ever used a boosting maneuver to get a trophy/achievement, but it would be a cold day in hell before I ever had another player over interested in playing a race in Wipeout HD with me, much less 20 races. It's kinda sad when you think about it that some of these trophies/achievements in PS3/XBox 360 games are tied to game modes that half the buying populace are unlikely to ever try.

Motion Master took quite a few races to get used to the controls (ended up getting it with a Piranha on Moa Therma forward, since the turns are easier there). Still trying to get the right combo of weapons to get Double Kill. Got close a couple of times, but didn't get the finishing weapon before the race ended. Speaking of which, I never seem to get many quakes. Like one every 5-10 races or less. I can see myself getting a Double Kill in a Phantom class race, as the CPU AI tends to eliminate several of their own during the course of the 5 laps.
    Last edited by komatos; 24th March 2009 at 11:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Double kill is easiest at flash speed against the novice AI,you can fly ahead,grab a weapon and slow down,then wait for them to come past and just blast them.

Gemini: I just use two controllers,raced one then the other.
    Got a bit boring after the 5th time,so I invented my own game to play while doing it.
    You race the first craft and bang straight into the rear of the craft sitting on the grid once every lap,see how far you can shunt it before the end of the 4th lap.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I took my ps3 to work and played it in the board room over drinks after work on friday.
    half the races didn't even involve me