Thread: Wipeout HD Playfire Clan - The WipeoutHD Elite

PSN ID
    redstar1993

Cool Wipeout HD Playfire Clan - The WipeoutHD Elite

I very recently stumbled across a wonderful website called playfire.com which serves as a kinda myspace for gamers. The site also offers brilliant clan functions and I thought I'd make one for anyone who's interested. Requirements are simple, have at least one of these trophys:

* Beat Zico
    *Arcade Perfect
    *Zone Zeus,
    *Elite Campaign Legend

If you have a another accomplishment that you think makes you clan worthy don't hesitate to tell me

Sign Me Up!

If you're not a member I highly suggest you join, it's pretty good
    Last edited by Feisar Ltd.; 9th March 2009 at 10:18 PM.

ok so what abou people that don't care about trophys but hold world records?

PSN ID
    redstar1993

That would also be sufficient although of course it would depend on the time, place in record tables, speed class etc.
    Last edited by Feisar Ltd.; 9th March 2009 at 10:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

could you tell them about next week-end please? lol. I haven't zone zeus... & I would be glad to see some new elite freaks
    Last edited by kanar; 9th March 2009 at 10:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Just registered and requested membership with your clan. I have the Elite Campaign Legend trophy. Cool site!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Transcendence is a sufficient requirement I suppose?

PSN ID
    redstar1993

damn forums gone buggy on me, yes, kanar you can join anytime and stop showing off darkdrium although you're welcome to join.
    Last edited by Feisar Ltd.; 9th March 2009 at 11:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Before I join could someone explain to me what the main points are for signing up? Advantages etc? I don't really get myspace so chances are I just wouldn't get this

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes indeed, I am with SaturnReturn. What benefits await us if we register to yet this other website?

PSN ID
    redstar1993

The concept in itself is nothing special but what you do is basically fill out a profile and what games you have (all platforms), what your top 10 of all time are, currently playing etc. You can show your trophies, your gaming set-up etc. and then you dabble in the forums and meet people for a game or two. You can also rate and review your games and chat to others about them.

The main reason I like playfire however is the clan system as each clan has its own private forum and messaging facility. You also get a clan calender to organise events and the management tools are very flexible. This allows me to set up a clan very easily and manage it efficiently instead of trying to get my point across via one thread over here. It's a lot simpler that way.

Edit: for simplicity's sake and because my explanation was about as clear as mud here's some sample pages:

the clan page (forum is hidden as it is set to private)
    My Profile (Fully Customised)
    Last edited by Feisar Ltd.; 10th March 2009 at 04:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Feisar, give me another week ... I'm on my way to Elite campaign legend. The website looks nice, and it's defenitely good to have that kind of clan where you know everybody plays (kind of) in the same league ... OK all the transcendant guys maybe even higher ;-)

I'll sign up as soon as ready ...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Also fill in the game planner and add friends, makes for some nice overview of possible scheduling.

I have all but the trophies you listed (and AG assassin), that doesn't count, does it?
    Last edited by zeeZ; 12th March 2009 at 03:56 PM.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Feisar, that's all really nice but all that can be handled through these forums already and is being done so very succesfully. Separating the gold throphy stricken you call "elite" isn't friendly at all and this place not only advocates but really is just that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I don't know if it's meant to exclude people. Maybe it's just a way of letting people who are genuinely interested in the game join. I'm sure people with records high in the tables would also be welcome.

However, I agree that there seems to be little reason to sign up other than the fact that it looks pretty, especially if the main attraction is the forum. If there's already a forum for "elite" players which also welcomes people new to the game who can gain a lot and become elite themselves more quickly then what's the point in something which is basically the same but not all inclusive? Is it just to protect some "elite" status? As I'm typing I'm starting to see AnErare's point more and more.

One feature I quite like is being able to see what other games people play. But for me it's probably not worth signing up just for that. I'd prefer to have the conversation with people about what other games they play. That's more of a general issue with myspace and facebook type sites though. As I said, I never really understood them. For folks that like this type of site it could be pretty cool as it's a bit of a different focus. Here it's a forum with social networking facilites. That site seems to be more social networking with forum facilities. Whatever floats your feisar, as they say.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 14th March 2009 at 03:31 AM.

PSN ID
    redstar1993

I can see where you're coming from and yes, you do have a point but the main thing I wanted was to have a number of players of a good skill level regularly setting up tournaments (with playfire's game planner). As you well know there is unfortunately only a small number of players on WOHD's online service and its lack of organisation doesn't help that. I thought that if I could somehow increase the number of online players I should. Apart from that it gives the players in the clan more people with a decent skill level to play against giving them more of a challenge, don't forget that this isn't the only forum I frequent and there are many WOHD players you and I haven't met yet. Playfire just seemed like an opportune place to create a union of said players as it has an ever expanding membership of gaming aficionados and there would be more attention from the major gaming community if I was to set up a clan there rather than organise tournaments here.

k?
    Last edited by Feisar Ltd.; 14th March 2009 at 03:20 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I don't really get myspace so chances are I just wouldn't get this
    LOL! I thought I was the only one. I can't join this anyhoo. I don't think I've got any of the criteria to join. I really don't even play the campaign mode too much and I don't have any idea how many trophies I have. I just like playing online. Looks like a cool site though.