Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubermall reverse shortcut glitch

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I can't even nail the shortcut. Saw it on youtube and it looked easy enough but every time I try it I just fly into something and end up in the shopping centre. When is the correct time to boost?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I boost right after the 3rd boostpad before the chicane leading to the mini hill, i usually up a little my nose to point to the direction of the top of the hill; i am passing between the mall and the pillar with plants on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Do you happen to have the link for the Youtube video of this, i woundnt mind seeing how this operation is done. All i found is a few random videos and #3 World Ranking Ubermall Foward Phantom Lap....

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Thanks for that Asayyeah. Will have to put more practice in. Half the problem for me is I hit the first pad which knocks me off line a bit and miss the 2nd. I was leaving it until near at the little S bend and boosting there.

Kigo - I don't have the link personally. I'm sure it was through this site that I found it though. Not much to trawl through then !!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Thats cool

I found a really interesting shortcut on Moa Therma, but the ship ended up in the water, then into an empty void

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

umm for me sound strange as well that the ship don't have their own different collision parametters, at least chassis kind by chassis kind

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

About collisions, I can notice how Icaras hits the environment without actually hitting it,
    same for AG-Systems (front of the ship), so that's made me realize there wasn't
    any real collision but an approximation with another model, which is standard way
    in games anyway, because it's a lot faster to process.

And it's good because that way, every ship design is good, no disadvantages if the ship
    is bigger than another, but damn it's bad when I see my ship hitting/scraping the wall
    without any real collision!
    And the gitch darkfaeraytales is talking about (ship sinking into the track) probably
    comes from this as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

sure if they use a triangular shape it works better , since most of the ship are large on back and very narrow in the front, even better if they divide into 2 models , triangular for 1 hulled crafts and rectangular for 2 hulled crafts