Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying every ship, which one to pick next?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

a 70 isn't decent, 70 is quite scanty, or mediocre/insufficient

a 70 should be equivalent to a 2 over 5 in the old stats scale

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

yes i see your point but im talking premairly off the feel between the ships with 60 vs 70 handling, imo theres a bigger gap between 60-70 than 70-80.
    i have thought about putting the old scale on the new stats too, but in the end im not focusing on the number but the ships to which the number is attached.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

I actually find the handling stats to be rather relative to the craft's particular handling style. For example out of the three 60-Turn ships, I find Auricom most comfortable because the steering feely tight, unlike the looseness of Triakis and Piranha. So if you know the track well Auricom's stiff handling feels like and accuracy bonus and prevents excess movement that can lead to wall collisions. You just have to set up for turns well. As for the OP's question, I wouldn' say try Auricom if you don't want a large jump, because in all honesty from Mirage to Auriom is quite the leap. 70-Turn ships like Goteki45 or EG-X however would be smoother transitions. The high thrust of both of those machines would help counterbalance any handling loss you might feel. Then again you might like the good swing both of these ships have the same way I do

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

big fan of the goteki 45 and eg-x myself

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by IDReaper View Post
    As for the OP's question, I wouldn' say try Auricom if you don't want a large jump, because in all honesty from Mirage to Auriom is quite the leap. 70-Turn ships like Goteki45 or EG-X however would be smoother transitions.
    EG-X it is! And indeed, it only took a few races to adjust, thanks for the tip!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Allright, by my next HD session I'll have maxed out EG-X, so...
    I'd like a slightly heavier ship better than a slightly lighter ship. Which one fits? Goteki?
    I have to say it's been only a few hours of racing since I've started enjoying EG-X... And I hardly see anyone using it online. Not the most pleasing ship it seems.
    More than two months since my last post... I'm nowhere near the end of this!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Goteki does feel slightly heavuer in that its steering is a bit more sluggish, but the high level of thrust and the narrowness of the hull cancel that out, making it good for accellerating out of tight turns(come race me on chengou and I can show u ) and leaving the pack behind at the start. Do you like slow sensitivity in your ships handling? I didn't reccomend it before but if you need a heavier ship for stability Auricom is probably your best bet. Definitely heavier and does steer as bad as the stats may say. A bit more sluggish as well, but if you know your line I find hat Auricom is deadly accurate because it isn't all twitchy like some other ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

when it comes to Phantom Race, i can't do without my Harimau, because i didn't have many hours of practice.

But on lower classes, i'm free to chose the ship i want, and i play EG-X mostly for it's speed vs handling.
    i tryed Auricom only once and i thought i didn't have many time to play to waste it with a ship i can't control and need more hours to master.

but if i were you, and able to play everyday, i'll play every ships
    and with Eliminator mode, it will be easier to play ships you don't like in a race.

I'm like that, i don't want to see 11 of the 12 ships wasted in my garage, and want to use them! but i have a lack of play time in HD

for me it's like using every single weapon in unreal tournament3 (the pew pew link gun owns but is a bit hard to hit with, and there are not many players who take it)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Tried Goteki today, and it feels better than EG-X already. Thanks again IDReaper!
    Using EG-X must have helped, because last time I tried Goteki it felt slow and hard to manoeuvre, whereas now, even it's still hard to turn, it feels fast!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Hey good to hear you enjoy Goteki45, my fav ship definitely. Yeah the monstrous thrust is very exhilarating

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Just to show-off a little: 45k w/ Triakis left until ... what is it 12 x 100k or is it 14 x 100k ? ... whatever. I'm really proud w/ myself for achieving this unofficial trophy soon. And all that right before HD Fury will hit the street. And for the time being, I've no idea what ship is or will be my favorite: Feisar, Harimau, Auricom, AG, Goteki or Piranha ... ? And what will be the next challenge ... CU

edith says: Triakis - 100k points - DONE!
    Last edited by Constrictor; 7th June 2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: done

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I'm now feeling the original Icaras very well, using it in SL/TT I guess.
    The ship was the best looking one in HD, out of 12 ships, now it appears to look
    even better because there are 24 different ships (excluding Zone and Detonator).
    Icaras+ on the other hand, is a real monstrosity...

Also the "7" handling is perfect because it prevents me from zigzagging too much,
    forcing me to learn the track too. Right now online I'm using EG-X or Goteki,
    also 7 handling ships so the feeling is about the same as Icaras.

(Phantom class)