Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying every ship, which one to pick next?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Trying every ship, which one to pick next?

When I started playing HD, I used every ship a bit until I got 8000 loyalty points. Then I settled for Harimau, after reading eLhabib's opinion about it being a good start ship.
    After reaching 100K, I jumped in a Feisar. Then I picked Mirage.
    I'd like to play every ship to 100K loyalty, but I don't know which one to choose next, and which one to choose after, etc.
    The only criterium I'd like is that the transition may be as smooth as possible in terms of handling, like avoiding a Mirage to Piranha transition, for instance.

Please advise!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Assegai or Goteki - those 2 are certainly closest to Mirage's handling.

EDIT: although, maybe it would actually be good to try a ship which is totally different handling-wise. This way you learn a lot about the tracks, like ways to approach a turn that you didn't know before. I learned a lot of new stuff when I switched to Auricom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

if i were in you i'd try to master all them, little by little, step by step, you can do it

there's nothing better than variety in life - i will never get bored to repeat this mantra

all ships rocks, even the ones that aren't up there

I think you should just go through them to 100K in the order they are on the selection menu, then by the time you reach Icaras you will be awesome and the decision is taken out of your hands so you don`t have to worry. Also then you would vary your ship-style to learn more as eL suggests. Or you could just go in reverse order.

that`s what I would do, except I would save Icaras for zone mode only, and do Triakis first to get the bathtub-racing phase out of the way

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i'm currently doing the same thing as it happens.
    here's my order so far: assegai, ag-systems, icarus, qirex, piranha, harimau, auricom
    i quite enjoyed the massive change between piranha and harimau, and i think it did me a world of good.
    not sure who to go to next. probs egx but i dunno yet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'm a hardcore Goteki45 user, although after performing my tests (see the other thread), it opened my eyes about ship diversity. They're all frickin awesome
    So I join in with the voices from the others: try them all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Trying them all is already my goal. The question was more about the way to do it.
    I wanted smooth transitions because if I jump in, say, Piranha right now I'm not gonna be good at it, which is gonna frustrate me, and I'm frustrated pretty easily with this game, like when I touch a wall..., and I'm not gonna like it, especially when I can only play about 5 hours a week.
    BUT! You're probably right, maybe I should just suck it up, jump in Auricom or Piranha, and enjoy the difference!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

well i was really surprised when i changed to/from certain ships. it was no where near as difficult to adapt as i thought it would be.
    a few races to get used to it and after that it's (pretty much) plain sailing and refinement.
    i've actually found that once i've got 100k i'm ready to change ship but i've loved every ship i've tried. god i love this game...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

you'd be surprised how quickly you'll adapt do a ship that handles totally different. usually there's just a few tight situations in which you really have to remember that you're sitting in a different craft now, and you have to take that corner another way.

EDIT: yep, yeldar beat me to it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

I'd say just find a ship that you think looks cool and give it a shot. So long as you avoid the whole going from one extreme to the other, the differences between them won't be enough to throw you off your game.

EDIT:
    @eLhabib:
    And you both beat me. Even worse is that it seems it took me almost 15 minutes to write two sentences...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

ah, you probably do the same as me, which is opening all new threads in a seperate tab and then reading them one after the other, right?

PSN ID
    Mister_Mateo

i'm doing the same thing, but i'm never flying one ship from 0-100k. for me it's more fun changing the whole time. first i maxed out the combination ag-systems/feisar/qirex and at the moment i'm doing harimau/mirage/assegai/piranha (alle between 35k-50k atm).

it's pretty strange flying different crafts every day, but you get used to it, there are just sometimes little accuracy problems (e.g. i scratch much more often the walls on sol2 than normally)

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

One ship at a time from ~10k to 100k. Currently Harimau (don't like this one *sic*, though it looks good in blk/yel painting imo ) at 85 k. Soon this will be over. 4 to go. Next one will be muricom or goteki. quirex and Piranha are for the finals. But before that I'd backup my profile.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

who knows me knows how I am in love with agsys

but i want to reach 100k on every ship....for now i reach the goal with feisar,goteki,piranha and agsys.....next one maybe qyrex or icaras.

Online i use almost always feisar or agsys
    offline i use also icaras for my tt or bl

but.....now....in view of race in a death match ......It's better if i try to use a little 'the Stone' Triakis....

Read you soon!
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Tovslan

Great thread!

I will now stop looking for "the best ship", say goodbye to sleeping and master them all.

PSN ID
    Lightlord

Heh I'm working on the 100k myself as well done Feisar, AG Systems, Piranha, Triakis, Auricom and Icaras. So far now working on Goteki 45 its interesting to play with the other ships throughout the 100k gives you a proper insight into the strengths and weakness each craft have when you actually use them rather than going by just the stats.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Elois-13

I wish we could go over 100,000. As a perfectionnist I don't like to see these loyalty points wasted after each race... but I don't want to part from my harimau because of this...
    That ship has a unique handling.

PSN ID
    superpj1

So far I used Icaras (my favorite ship) whatever happens. But I've noticed that when you take part in a race with a lot of contestants, it's better to use a ship with a better shield otherwise everyone will shoot you and you will explode in 5 minutes

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Quote Originally Posted by superpj1 View Post
    ... and you will explode in 5 minutes
    Hopefully it never takes you 5 minutes to finish any of the 16 tracks !

I have had the same thought: Pick a ship with a better shield - survive a little bit longer. But it doesn´t seem to work out that way - for me at least. I´ll explode even faster because of wall-scraping and hitting bombs/mines, I would have avoided using a lighter and more manoeuvrable ship.
    What I like to do is "warming up" using some less manoeuvrable ship like the Piranha.a. or Triakis, then going back to my beloved and now even more responsive Feisar.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

personally i dont like the ships with handling under 70, especially on rapier and phantom. so for me the triakis and auricom will prob never reach 100k ( the pirahna gets of the hook cause its friggin cool ). the icaras was selfexplanatory in my book for diciple because of its awesome lack off shield pluss high speed,and decent boost and handling. now i tend to use mostly Harimau, AG-Systems or EG-X.