Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009-02-25: Haxorger banned

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Default 2009-02-25: Haxorger banned

Haxorger has been banned for creating duplicate accounts, insulting other members, and generally being a pathetic moron.

His PSN ID is also Haxorger, so anyone who had the misfortune of being added to his friends list can act as they see fit - it might well be wise to avoid him in online races, too, as reports are that he has zero interest in actually racing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

It would be ok to report and ask for ban of his PSN ID...

I don't think it would be right to do that on the basis of his behaviour here, but only on his behaviour on PSN, whatever he does or does not do there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

A rather insignificant suggestion I'd like to make: why is it that when people get banned, the actual offense that got them banned is always deleted? I know it's not really important for everyone to see what exactly they did wrong, but it does interest some people (like me ) - also, just seeing people being banned and not seeing the actual offense because it has been deleted does make the mods look a bit totalitarian, if you catch my drift...

I banned the guy because he was flaming two of our members And Rob in two separate topics, and because he kept creating several new usernames to do it. Do you really need to know the exact words? Almost all of these juvenile self-centered people use pretty much the same words and manner; I'm sure you've seen such stuff already and know its character.

Or do you just need to know that the abuse actually existed, which implies that you don't trust the admin and mods to tell the truth?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Zero interest in actually racing? Sounds about right. He sent me a message asking for a Pulse race (I guess he wanted to know if he really was rank 101, in which case I would've gladly showed him he wasn't), to which I replied no less than 10 minutes later. Well, he wasn't there.

As for eLhabib's suggestion, another forum I go to with the same software has these yellow and red cards used to identify posts that committed infractions. These can show the public what happened and where.

Presumably they still don't show what was actually posted?

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't want such offensive crap to remain visible; there's a reason the poster of such stuff is banned. Why leave it up so it can continue to offend.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Of course of course Lance. This other forum I go to also removes stuff too offencive, but say someone posted like pictures exceeding the 50kb limit, well you can give them a yellow card. It doesn't have to be for offencive stuff, but also stuff going against the rules without being offencive

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Who the **** is this guy and what did he do?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Nothing interesting, believe me. He was trying to be insulting on a childish level (in one case he wasn't even being insulting, but someone like him wouldn't know that) - and I'm glad we won't read it again. I'm with Lance on this one: I trust the moderators all the way. Which, by the way, is true for the moderators of this forum like for no other.

Ben

Kigo, I love your special way of saying things

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Good job mods and Rob

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Yeah, thanks to Lance and other mods for the excellent work

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

This place is amazing. Thanks a lot to the mods & Rob for this impressive moderating work. I've never seen such a mature place like that, with interesting discussion threads everywhere... To the point this website is considered by most of us as a great family. I've just one simple remark in mind. Of course this is not so important, but I've noticed you guys (mods) are not playing wipeout often. I mean the recently released ones, pulse & HD. I've understood you're not ok with the street skater influence, but I would be glad to share some races in a near future, with you Xeik, Lance, Infoxicated... And of course Task (the only one still in activity -on pulse-, as far as I know).

WipeoutZone
    Last edited by kanar; 26th February 2009 at 11:36 AM.

I don't race with the new games because I don't have the new consoles. I had other things I needed to get first or to pay for first. Still do. And I developed a couple of new enthusiasms that get a slice of the money, too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I don't have a PS3 yet and xlink kai works like shÃ*t for me, so no Pure.
    This leaves me just with Pulse, but I'm afraid I'm a below average pilot on that one. So you aren't missing much by not racing me.
    If we could play wo3 online, then I could certainly provide a good challenge.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    seraph_hikaryu

Like a friend of mine told me in the past:
    "It doesn't matter. Just play and enjoy!"

You don't have to be first to enjoy a flight with someone

We seem to be wandering from the topic.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Or do you just need to know that the abuse actually existed, which implies that you don't trust the admin and mods to tell the truth?
    When someone holds themselves above others with wording and attitudes like this, it often promotes skepticism and diminishes respect.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'd like to see your statistical data and sample size, because I'm skeptical of that sweeping statement myself.

Bottom line is that if someone posts offensive, inappropriate, or spam material to this site it'll get deleted and they get punished accordingly. The policy is transparent, even if the offending material has already been cleared.

Elhabib, you'll just have to trust us on this - it's worked for eight years, through thick and thin.

Also, if we did behave akin to a totalitarian dictatorship, why the heck do we allow our community members to comment on an announcements thread?