Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ship Thrust Analysis

Timezone
    GMT + 1

A very cool way of posting all these interesting result! Big thumbs up. I will be looking out for more results. Thanks mate.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Somebody called?
    http://files.filefront.com/hd+thrust.../fileinfo.html
    I know that the Feisar and goteki hit a speed pad but that was late on, you can compare it yourself

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

spectacular! , very spectacular

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

That's huge. Bravo

You've also found our secret (not so secret) test location!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I hope you downloaded it because it's in 1080p that small window does it no justice.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

===================================
    To: FX-350 Racing Committee
    Sender: Synchro Logistics Supervision Bureau
    Object: Ship Top-Speed Analysis
    Date: February 19th 2207

With the racing teams using new prototype ships this season comes a new battery of tests and test results. Herein the top speed of each team's newer ship model is analyzed.

1. Icaras mkII - Top Speed 100: 792 km/h
      Piranha mkII - Top Speed 100: 792 km/h
    2. Triakis mkII - Top Speed 95: 791 km/h
    3. Auricom mkII - Top Speed 90: 789 km/h
      Harimau mkII - Top Speed 90: 789 km/h
    4. Assegai mkII - Top Speed 85 : 788 km/h
      EG-X mkII - Top Speed 85: 788 km/h
      Mirage mkII - Top Speed 85: 788 km/h
      Qirex mkII - Top Speed 85: 788 km/h
    5. Goteki 45 mkII - Top Speed 80: 787 km/h
    6. AG-Systems mkII - Top Speed 80: 786 km/h
      Feisar mkII - Top Speed 80: 786 km/h

Test protocol is similar to the one performed last year for the Mark I ship models.
    Goteki 45 appears to have the only ship capable of unlocking the engine's potential further than any other ship, as other teams with the same top speed characteristic were unable to reach that last km/h that Goteki 45 was able to display. It is of minor importance though, as pilots in a race tend to follow the lines with the most speed pads, and therefore all the ships surpass their top speed characteristics any way for a good portion of the race.
    Please note that actual top speed characteristic is assessed in an actual racing condition, and the theoretical maximum value can differ from 1 or 2 km/h. Under certain conditions during a race, ships may be able to reach this theoretical top speed value (We have seen Icaras mkII reach 793 km/h), though it requires assistance of a speed pad in these cases, the ship slowing down after the boost until this theoretical top speed is attained. Ships are unable to reach the theoretical peak otherwise, except Goteki 45 as explained before.

Attached is the list detailing the top speeds of all the ship models for each team registered for the FX-350 racing league. They are in order of the top speed they are capable of reaching, then in alphabetical order.

Tests sponsored by Synchro Logistics®, Official Timings™ of the FX-350 Racing League.
    Thanks to the Talons Junction® Track Management team for providing us with a testing ground.

Attachement:

Code:
    Icaras           - Top Speed 100: 792 km/h
    Icaras mkII      - Top Speed 100: 792 km/h
    Piranha          - Top Speed 100: 792 km/h
    Piranha mkII     - Top Speed 100: 792 km/h
    Triakis mkII     - Top Speed 95 : 791 km/h
    Auricom          - Top Speed 90 : 789 km/h
    Auricom mkII     - Top Speed 90 : 789 km/h
    Harimau mkII     - Top Speed 90 : 789 km/h
    Triakis          - Top Speed 90 : 789 km/h
    Assegai mkII     - Top Speed 85 : 788 km/h
    EG-X mkII        - Top Speed 85 : 788 km/h
    Mirage mkII      - Top Speed 85 : 788 km/h
    Qirex mkII       - Top Speed 85 : 788 km/h
    Goteki 45 mkII   - Top Speed 80 : 787 km/h
    AG-Systems mkII  - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    Assegai          - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    EG-X             - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    Feisar mkII      - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    Harimau          - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    Mirage           - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    Qirex            - Top Speed 80 : 786 km/h
    AG-Systems       - Top Speed 70 : 784 km/h
    Feisar           - Top Speed 70 : 784 km/h
    Goteki45         - Top Speed 70 : 784 km/h
    End Message.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 19th August 2009 at 11:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

great work on the chart with fury and hd ships!
    Last edited by billychanxtr33m; 19th August 2009 at 11:00 PM.

nice stats..well done for compiling these ..helps a lot in ship selection

I was quite shocked to find out that the difference from the slowest to the fastest ship was so small taking into account the handling of the ships.

Very interesting data.

These were all done whilst playing using a stop watch.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    helps a lot in ship selection
    They shouldn't actually... The difference between the ships is so small and rather insignificant.

The only significance of thrust: how fast you accelerate after a crash/hit or from a standstill. Does not matter so much when exiting turns, as often there is a speed pad nearby and it is balanced out as ships with higher thrust have lower top speed and therefore "stall" when accelerating (acceleration "slows down", hard to explain) faster because they reach their lower top speed quicker than the ships with lower thrust and higher top speed. And every ship now looses speed in turns at the same rate (Guessing here, because there was this bug in WipEout PurE and now hopefully it's fixed )
    Top speed virtually has no importance during races with other opponents. Only significance is time trial/speed lap/similar modes. From testing it also doesn't affect speed pad boosts (Which by the way are cumulative, obviously) or turbo boosts. Every ship receives the same boost.
    Shield makes no difference if you're good at managing weapons/pickups (When to shoot, when to absorb) and driving (Not hitting walls/other ships.)
    Handling affects how fast and agile the ship is, but every single ship is able to do the turns perfectly well. So if you're a good pilot, you can drive any ship on any track with slight adjustments required.

Then, why choose a specific ship if there is virtually no very significant difference between them?
    Well, let me try to be more precise. The differences are not significant in the sense that there is no super ship, or best ship, or whatever. All the ships are balanced, and can perform equally well on the track. The exception to this is in speed lap and time trial modes, where certain ships will make achieving a specific time a little easier due to advantageous characteristics for this particular track. In any other circumstance, like single race or tournament, the advantage these characteristics would provide are negated by the lack of a free turbo each lap and by the presence of weapons and other ships.
    However, these differences are still important, for a simple reason: the feeling. Every ship has a different feeling when driving, some will be more agile and quick off the start, while others will be more heavy and slower off the start, or a combination. And this is important because you must choose the ship you like the feeling of the most.

For example, I am currently using Goteki 45 as my ship, for these two characteristics:
    Goteki 45 is fast of the start line and after crashes/weapons. It is the fastest in this area. While AG-Systems Mark II (Fury) comes very close, and admittedly I could switch to it, I don't for this other reason (following).
    Goteki 45 has lower handling. Yes, it's an advantage, at least for me. Let me explain. Ships with better handling tend to be more jumpy, agile. Steer a little too much and you go into complete over-steer and crash into walls or if you're better as a pilot, wobble along the track because you're constantly airbraking left and right or adjusting your steering. With Goteki on the other hand, in long turns like Chengou Reverse's replacement to the sloped turn, or Amphiseum, etc. Not much airbraking is required, though pressing the D-Pad constantly is. It allows for a more stable trajectory through the turns and in general.
    Of course this only applies to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

wow i'm impressed friend...really impressed, could't make a better analysis