Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ship Thrust Analysis

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Ship Analysis Thread

Hey guys I intercepted this e-mail from a Synchro Logistics supervisor to the management team of the FX-350 racing league, it has pretty interesting data, so read on!

===================================
    To: FX-350 Racing Committee
    Sender: Synchro Logistics Supervision Bureau
    Object: Ship Thrust Analysis
    Date: February 24th 2206

You will find below test results for thrust performance analysis:

1. Goteki45 - Thrust 10: 3.58s - 3.61s - 3.56s; avg 3.58s
    2. AG-Systems - Thrust 9: 3.60s - 3.64s - 3.64s; avg 3.63s
    3. EG-X - Thrust 9: 3.68s - 3.66s - 3.70s; avg 3.68s
    4. Assegai - Thrust 8: 3.76s - 3.78s - 3.81s; avg 3.78s
    5. Mirage - Thrust 8: 3.76s - 3.76s - 3.82s; avg 3.78s
    6. Icaras - Thrust 7: 3.82s - 3.80s - 3.86s ; avg 3.83s
    7. Piranha - Thrust 6: 3.83s - 3.80s - 3.88s; avg 3.84s
    8. Qirex - Thrust 7: 3.84s - 3.91s - 3.80s; avg 3.85s
    9. Feisar - Thrust 8: 3.88s - 3.88s - 3.85s; avg 3.87s
    10. Auricom - Thrust 7: 3.86s - 3.84s - 3.90s; avg 3.87s
    11. Harimau - Thrust 7: 3.86s - 3.92s - 3.92s; avg 3.90s
    12. Triakis - Thrust 6: 4.03s - 3.98s - 4.07s; avg 4.03s

All tests were performed indoors on a flat section of track under the supervision of a Synchro Logistics® agent and with an approved Synchro Logistics® stop-watch.

The test consisted of an acceleration performance measurement from the speed of 0km/h to the speed of 780km/h. The test was repeated three times for each team, thus resulting in an average time for the duration of the acceleration.

Please note that these test results are also influenced by ship top speed. Ships that have a lower top speed than others will have more difficulty reaching the average top speed we have set as a parameter for this test (780km/h). This fact explains that ships with sometimes higher thrust will have less performance in this test because of the lower top speed.

No pre-ionised fuel injectors were used during these tests, in order to strictly measure the ship's own ability to reach the set speed.

Further study of ship behaviour during cornering will be required to assess each team's performance more accurately.

Tests sponsored by Synchro Logistics®, Official Timings™ of the FX-350 Racing League.
    Thanks to the Anulpha Pass® Track Management team for providing us with a testing ground.

End Message.

Pretty interesting stuff! As he said, this test remains inconclusive because they are performed on a flat section, only one parameter is tested, but this parameter is influenced by other characteristics of each ship.
    Unfortunately it will remain pretty hard to assess ship performance because multiple factors can influence test results, such as the pilot's ability and constance, but also the racing line, the airbrake pressure, etc.

Anyways, I hope you liked this bit of info!
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 24th February 2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Thread title changed

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Good stuff!

(The testers used a stopwatch!? )

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Very nice work on that analysis. Interesting results. Seems like Triakis and Piranha are quite a bit different, after all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    (The testers used a stopwatch!? )
    I'm sure it's a very special and professional kind of stopwatch, laser tuned and all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Awesome way of posting this - even if the results are somewhat insignificant...

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I didn't realise how much of a difference different thrust made! The results aren't that surprising though, given the top speeds and thrust when combined. It is interesting to see the difference between Assegai and Harimau given thrust is the only thing setting them apart, although the ships do feel different in their own ways apart from thrust.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Default Top Speed Analysis

To: FX-350 Racing Committee
    Sender: Synchro Logistics Supervision Bureau
    Object: Ship Top-Speed Analysis
    Date: February 24th 2206

Following the thrust analysis test results, here are the top speeds observed for every craft.

1. Icaras - Top Speed 10: 792 km/h
      Piranha - Top Speed 10: 792 km/h
    2. Auricom - Top Speed 9: 789 km/h
      Triakis - Top Speed 9: 789 km/h
    3. Assegai - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
      EG-X - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
      Harimau - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
      Mirage - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
      Qirex - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
    4. AG-Systems - Top Speed 7: 784 km/h
      Feisar - Top Speed 7: 784 km/h
      Goteki45 - Top Speed 7: 784 km/h

These tests were also performed on a flat surface, and the results were obtained once the ship had reached it's visible top speed displayed on the speedometer integrated in the ship's heads up display.

From these results, it appears that the top speed is a fixed value depending on the characteristic of the craft.

We are also happy to report that no more shall the steering apparatuses of the ships break down as quickly as before, due to the fact that pilots do not need to lower the nose of the ship constantly, since during our tests we have noted that such a technique no longer has an effect on the reachable speed of the craft by its own means of propulsion.

Study or cornering and armour durability are required to fully assess craft performance.

Tests sponsored by Synchro Logistics®, Official Timings™ of the FX-350 Racing League.
    Thanks to the Anulpha Pass® Track Management team for providing us with a testing ground.

End Message.

I have taken the liberty of making a chart with each results obtained by the Synchro Logistics officials, here it is:

Pilots should keep in mind that handling and shield strength are also factors to be considered in ship choice. This chart does not accurately show which ship is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

WOOWW i've done a similar tets some months ago , at start on speed lap mode, i did start ship with fast start and then when i did can see in the speedometer around 300-350 km/h then i pause, i never got shots but would be nice to get shots as a more test proof

some time ago i did these kind of test in boring moments, then i've discard this practice for more normal playing after

then i will see if i could find again the stats , i've write all on a paper of a notebook

did you know for exemple testing the top speed , i mean " clean speed " without boost or speed up, on a straight line, i use anulpha reverse, pressing hard as possible the accelerator and mantain the ship in the straightest line possible so that it can reach a sure max speed , that afterall the difference beetwen a feisar and an icaras isn't so big, at least in numbers , there are " only " 13/14 km/h of difference in the end , not so big afterall
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 25th February 2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: i've forget an " i "

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Could a moderator please edit the thread title to the title of the first post in this thread, which is: "Ship Analysis Thread".

Thank you

And yes darkfaerytales, the test results you mention were just released by the Synchro Logistics Public Relations division.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes , friend, what a timing however! heeheh what a coincidence, you have post the test results just by when i still finish to write my post

ok , friend i just say you at once that i've done the shielding tests as well , and as result also in that field the difference ship by ship ( or better stats by stats ) aren't so big , at least in numbers

i never done an handling test just 'cause i never can't figure how to do one in a practical functional way

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Thanks for posting those test results, Darkdrium!
    I would very much like to see another acceleration test, but this time only up to a speed of 400km/h - I think the contrast between the ships will be much more visible this way. Maybe you could ask Synchro Logistics® if they have results on that?
    Right now, for example, Piranha and Icaras are almost equal in acceleration - I find that hard to believe. I think the initial kickstart (up to 300 or 400) is much stronger on Icaras, which means a lot seeing as you usually don't navigate tight chicanes (where accel counts most) at full speed.

Also, I would very much like to see a chart on the acceleration given to each craft by going over a speed pad. My guess is that crafts with higher accel can reach significantly higher speeds by going over a speed pad than crafts with low accel stats.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i've already done that!

try at start to do a shot with hud visible,when the ship had reached the 350/400 km/h this is the way ( but the hardest and less precise, it is almost inpossible to press the pause button in the same moment as you can see the right km/h in the speedometer, every time... )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Elois-13

Isn't the max speed stat based on the speed that a ship can reach when he passes on a pad or uses a turbo? I'd like to see the differences on these...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    I would very much like to see another acceleration test, but this time only up to a speed of 400km/h - I think the contrast between the ships will be much more visible this way.
    I guess that this is a smarter way to do it yes, as 780km/h is close to the general top speed.

I won't be doing any Synchro Logistics stuff anymore, I think the joke is done

But yes, these tests can reveal some very interesting stuff.

I'll see if I can do the speed pad thing as well, but this will be even harder than the 400 km/h one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

eloi the max ( or top ) speed stat is based on the limit of speed a ship is capable to do, which is , without speed pads or turbos for exemple 793 km/h for icaras , and for another exemple 782/783 km/h for feisar ( at the highest class , obviously )

i think when a ship passes on a speed pad have more to do with the thrust capability ( as when use turbo ) than speed... ( if really exist any difference beetwen ship to ship when one pass on a pad)

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Hang on a second -

Piranha - Thrust 6: 3.83s - 3.80s - 3.88s; avg 3.84s
    Feisar - Thrust 8: 3.88s - 3.88s - 3.85s; avg 3.87s

Not meaning to be rude here, great job and all, but i dont believe that for a second. Either thats way off, or 780kmh wasnt the greatest speed to stop the clock on. Seems like mid range power.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Try it out. I didn't believe it myself, but after doing it 10 times at least for every ship, that's what comes up They are close than you might think, according to this test

As I said, this is from the fact that Piranha has a much higher top speed than Feisar, thus allowing it to reach 780km/h much more easily than Feisar. Feisar starts "stalling" at around 775km/h, then the speed ramps up slower. Piranha on the other hand just shoots right passed it, and starts stalling at around 787 km/h.

But I agree, maybe setting the speed to near the top speed isn't a good idea, because of this "stalling" effect.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 25th February 2009 at 02:53 PM.

I don't have the equipment to do this, but I'd like to suggest a different way of measuring acceleration (than using a stopwatch ) : record a video of you performing your acceleration, from a standing start to top speed. Then use the video to work out at what times you reach 100kph, 200kph, 300kph... etc, and post the lot. aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The problem is that ship speed varies too quickly for any capture equipment I possess to register the changes adequately in order to work out the times you mention. I only have a 30FPS camera and a DVR (With severe input lag).

This will not work as during the video editing process I will be unable to decipher the numerals of the speedometer (motion blur).

Any test but the two I already have done are significantly harder to put in place than you might think.

I assure you however, the times were taken as 'tightly' as possible.
    The timer started when the X button was pressed, and was stopped when the speed of 780km/h was reached. I have pretty good reflexes (Unreal Tournament player here, and of course WipEout), so I do think that I pressed the stop button at roughly the right time.

Might the speed me more legible in one of the alernate huds?