Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I'm thinking of buying a PS3 and WOHD...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Point well taken, Kigo. I hadn't looked at it that way! The falling price has indeed come at the expense of lower quality.

I don't have much of a desire for Blu-Ray, but what's this abour a fixed HD size? You can't take the existing HD out and put in a big one?
    PS3 HDDs are fully interchangeable, full thread below about it;
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4942
    Ive change my 60 into 160GB. Which sooner than later ill need to change again with all the contents im putting onto it like movies and music.

The Microsoft C*ntbox360 cannot have a HDD upgrade like the PS3s 2.5inch SATA, because they are cheap, with an eye for world domination and new order. lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Actually, they can, but it's a hack and voids the warranty

PS3 is fully supported by Sony, if you want to change your hard disk, well by all means do it!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Kinda like the DIY job you have to do to get the cables into the tight space in the rear on the console.

Wouldnt it be great if Microsoft where to fail in these economic times. Then the US government would have to bail them out. Then, since it will be no longer privately owned, it will be forced to make proper Operating Systems and software programs at prices the public will be able to afford. Happy Days

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've never understood Sony's strange policy regarding HD upgrading.

Sure the say you can upgrade,but if anything goes wrong with your console and you have to send it in for repair,well you get them telling you to replace the HD with the original before sending it in.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Because it's probably logistically too hard for them to swap your upgraded hard drive into the new console. When you get a new console, the HDD is also different.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Simply because when you send in your console, they most definitely have refurbished ones ready for the exchange. They send you a refurb with the original hard drive, so it would be stupid to send in your larger hard drive because you would lose it.
    So instead they ask you the original hard drive, simply to prevent people from losing their custom ones.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by designer_79 View Post
    And how I envy you, that you cen get the PSN - cards ... the kind of prepaid - card system you can use in the PSN-Store as well ...
    Don't envy, check eBay... makes you enjoy Japanese PSN titles! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Feisar Ltd. View Post
    [list][*]Also, make sure your monitor has a DVI (digital video input) or HDMI connection.
    Component works, too. Yes, HDMI looks better - that's the whole point in the first place ;) - but component basically looks just as great.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

But the problem is,when you go to put the large HD that you have sitting at home back in the PS3,it will no longer recognize it.
    So your custom drive is useless when you get a PS3 back,you might as well have set it off with the console and got them to fix it.
    Something people have found out the hard way.
    I don't know if Sony has started telling people this,they must of received heaps comments/questions about it.

Thankfully I haven't had a problem with my original 60g version [touch wood it stays that way] and I have a 3 year extended warranty on mine,so if it were to pack it in I'd just tell them to fix MY console,not exchange it for a refurbished one.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    But the problem is,when you go to put the large HD that you have sitting at home back in the PS3,it will no longer recognize it.
    So your custom drive is useless when you get a PS3 back,you might as well have set it off with the console and got them to fix it.
    Something people have found out the hard way.
    I don't know if Sony has started telling people this,they must of received heaps comments/questions about it.
    Sorry, WTF. I had trouble reading this post. Whats the problems associated with having a larger HDD in the PS3? i would like to know this.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

You can't swap out the HDD and have all your downloads still work. You need to use the backup tool first. To use your HDD you have to format it for the new console.