Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ANGORIA_BulldozR

Lightbulb Tips for Zone mode

Hi all,

I suggest you throwing a subject of discussion concerning fine details for zone mode...

(in advance, please be indulgent with my english because I'm french and not very good ^^)

Here are some points that I noticed that will be usefull, but some things I don't really understand :

• I noticed that the energy went increase very slowly during the race, is this a regular natural regain (that is not in other modes ?) or is that influenced by passing on boosts?

• Speed is not at ALL influenced if we press X ? Maybe a link with regain?

• Is the passage to next zone regular (based on time elapsing) or by a precise moment on the track (based on distance) ?

• Is this transition to next zone influenced by boosts ? (faster transition based on speed increasing)

• Personnally, I prefer use only air-brakes for easy zones, then in Rapier I use both simultaneously. What's your kind of use in air-brakes/sticks rapport ? Do you use stick for hard turns and R2/L2 at the end of turn, do you use both at 50/50 in same time (I do that), or...What else ?

• Have you other tips ??

==> AG Systems rules

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

I'm pretty sure your energy will refill a few percent for every perfect zone. Each zone lasts 10 seconds and has nothing to do with distance traveled, and going faster does not make zones go by quicker (I'm sure we all wish it was like that ). I don't think pressing X has any effect on speed, as it's already constantly increasing.

Hope that helps

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by A n g o r i A BULLDOZER View Post
    • I noticed that the energy went increase very slowly during the race, is this a regular natural regain (that is not in other modes ?) or is that influenced by passing on boosts?
    You regain energy by doing perfect zones. 10% thanks insertcoin.
    Tu regagnes de l'energie en faisant des zones parfaites. 10% merci insertcoin.

• Speed is not at ALL influenced if we press X ? Maybe a link with regain?
    Pressing X has no effect on the speed. Pressing both airbrakes will not slow you down.
    Appuyer sur X n'a pas d'effet sur la vitesse. Appuyer sur les deux aerofreins en meme temps ne t'arretera pas.

• Is the passage to next zone regular (based on time elapsing) or by a precise moment on the track (based on distance) ?
    Each zone lasts ten seconds.
    Chaque zone dure dix secondes.

• Is this transition to next zone influenced by boosts ? (faster transition based on speed increasing)
    No. Going over speed pads and performing barrel rolls will however give a bonus to your score.
    Non. Passer sur des paves de vitesse et faire des vrilles va donner un bonus a ton score par contre.

• Personnally, I prefer use only air-brakes for easy zones, then in Rapier I use both simultaneously. What's your kind of use in air-brakes/sticks rapport ? Do you use stick for hard turns and R2/L2 at the end of turn, do you use both at 50/50 in same time (I do that), or...What else ?
    I always use airbrakes/d-pad together depending on the situation. In easy zones, D-pad is enough, but on very hard turns I still use airbrakes, and with speed increasing I find I use airbrakes more and more and eventually sideshifts (Press airbrakes in one direction twice in rapid succession).

• Have you other tips ??
    Focus on the colored lines on the track, stay between these lines and you will hit less walls.
    Concentre toi sur les lignes colorees sur la piste, reste entre ces lignes et tu vas moins toucher aux murs.
    My answers are in red.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 19th February 2009 at 02:59 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

You regain 10 percent energy for every perfect zone.

As noted above, a zone is 10 seconds, not a distance travelled. Because of this, if you are trying to get to a higher zone number (as opposed to a higher score) hitting speed pads is bad. The more speed pads you hit, the more distance you travel in the current zone. If you travel more distance in each zone then you will cover more of the track, so will have to traverse more corners. The more corners you have to navigate, the lower your life expectancy becomes (since every corner is a chance to lose some shields). So, if you are trying to reach a higher zone number: avoid boost pads!

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

@ Sideshow and the others -

It really is true, you do learn something new every day. For one, I didn't know that Zones last 10 seconds, when you're in mach 1 it feels like they last forever. I also didn't know its best to avoid the speed pads.

Been really getting into Zones since I got transcendence. Got a couple of top 10 scores but don't think I'll ever have the patience, skill or eyes to beat some of Wellington's scores.

The only tip I can offer from my personal experience (and it has been mentioned previously) is to stick to the middle of the track. A lot easier said than done as well !!