Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion on PC

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Default Fusion on PC

I know there's a lot of hate for fusion out there but has anyone else tried running it on a pc?

i'm not at home except on sundays and i crave WO all week long (and i don't have a psp) so i decided to dump my ps2 bios and try my hand at running fusion on PCSX2 (emulator) on my laptop.

i can get all my other games to work perfectly, but fusion isn't cooperating.
    i can get in game but it always freezes just as the race is about to start (end of the loading screen).

any ideas? i need my wipeout fix

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

could be plug ins not being the right ones for fusion maybe look on a pcsx2 forum see if anyone has configured theirs to run fusion

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

If you figured it out I'm also interested to give it a try (though my on-board graphics card is probably too bad).
    I know it can run on a PC; so I also guess you've some wrong driver there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i would be interested in try to run fusion on my pc, but i'm not an hacker and nor even near to a simple basis in certain operation, someone could explain me what i've to do? i've to download pcsx2, then after that? thank you

well i did a check but if people HAVE managed to get it running then its very slow.
    i can't get it to actually go into a race, but the menus run at 150% speed.
    i know my pcsx2 is working because timesplitters 2 runs near perfect at 150% speed as well
    i'll let you know if i have a breakthrough, maybe i should make an iso...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i have an amd athlon 64 X2 dual core 5000+ and 2 gb ram , so i think i shouldn't have problem to run it...but if someone of you would explain me from start what i've to do i will be very grateful

rightyho, well now that you have pcsx2 you just need to follow the instrutions here: http://www.pcsx2.net/guide.php
    this sets up all the drivers and stuff. there's slightly more to it after this but this will get things running. are you going to be using images or actual disks?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

what? i don't know? what you mean, if i have the fusion disk to use?

as in, do you have the real version fusion on cd or are you using a virtual image on your pc's hard drive?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Does an Image play/load better/faster than the DVD?

Got the game running (well, the menus, only got a black sreen when I selected a race) and what I saw looked pretty good.

But I really think you need a good graphic card to get it working. I only have a low onboard card in my laptop and I guess that's the reason why it is so slow. But even if you have a decent card it's probably not faster than something between 10 and 20 FPS, which is really not enough for the game (I wonder if it is enough for any game...). And from what I've read, you need a Dual Core machine to even go that far (I have one so it worked).

It's a nice experiment and fun to see the game on the monitor, but I think you're better of by using the real PS2 hardware by all means

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yeldar, for now i've to download everything, i have to download pcsx2, and i do not have a disk of fusion, but can i download form the web?

my processor is the dual core i've reported a couple of post ago , and run at 2,60 GHz , my video card is an Nvidia geforce 8500 GT, do you think with this system it would run fine?

yes you can download it from the web. i won't link it due to it not being entirely legal but it it possible.
    you computer should be able to emulate ps2 just fine, but so far i still can't get fusion to work so if you only want to use it for fusion then you might want to wait until i (or someone else) figure it out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok, fine friend, thank you

i really need to play with vanuber and tigron on big screen, in meantime in hoping they'll put them in HD ( even if fusion design is crappy in confront to what it could be done with graphics today...)

just let me know when someone of you have figure it out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

After a bit of research I found out that it seems to be the emulator's version that causes the problems with the races.
    The public beta 0.9.5 should solve the game freeze. Or you switch to an earlier version; in 0.9.2 it worked (with 30-40 FPS!). At least that's what I've read

EDIT:
    It's running. Slowly, but it works. Some menus even worked with 50 FPS. The races are slow; I think I didn't get more than 15 or 20 frames to work and it seems to go down at Cubiss Float (to much action on the screen?). But it's working. And I'm sure that if you've more than a 64MB shared memory graphics card you'll probably run it faster than me

And it looks really nice by the way
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 27th February 2009 at 04:24 PM.

sausehuhn i love you!
    i'll try it now
    which version are you using? the beta or the older build?
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 27th February 2009 at 06:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The beta.
    There are almost no graphical glitches; just a wrong texture here and there, but almost like it playling on the PS2.
    Graphic card plugin is not one of the standard ones; something that features a directX support.

I need a better graphic card. Some cheap external solution maybe?

how fast does it run for you?
    i got it working but it crashed about 10 secs into the race. that ever happen for you?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Maybe it's the BIOS that's not working. Do you have the chance to get another one?
    I also made an ISO out of my DVD, and maybe I'm just imagining it but it seems to run faster.

i'll see what i can do about the bios.
    the speed on mine is surprisingly good actually.
    so you'd suggest making an iso?

Regardless, WipeOut Fusion was a fun game and it would be happy on my PC.