Thread: Something cool I figured out

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Something cool I figured out

I have figured out how to use custom soundtracks in WO3.
    Yes, it is awesome.

Steps:
    1. Find the songs you want
    2. Burn them in iTunes as a Red Book format CD
    3. Put in Wipeout 3
    4. Load a race
    5. Wait for it to finish loading
    6. Pause when the startup roll starts
    7. Take WO3 out and put your disc in
    8. Mess with the audio track switching thing under options a little until you find the song you want.
    9. enjoy!

PS after the race you have to put the WO3 disc back in to load the menu back so you can go to another race. You can only do this while racing. HAve fun!

Timezone
    GMT + 10

this is pretty cool but perhaps a bit of a hassle.

i just fade the sound down to zero (leaving sfx at normal) and put my ipod on through my mixer/speakers in the loungeroom.

Whilst that is cool, i've always hated taking discs out when still in use.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Actually, before finishing a race, you can quit any of the psx wipeouts you are playing then, and putting an audio cd of yourself. I did sometimes with the first wipeout and i think it's easier doing this in the two-players link race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

Don't you have to have the same amount of tracks on the custom disc as there are in the game (13)? I've tried popping in the WOXL disc during play to listen to that soundtrack, but when I select a track, it'll start somewhere in the middle of a song, not at the beginning.

Edit: I figured it out. The game selects which track to play by telling it to go to a certain spot on the disc and play from there, not by telling it to go to 'Track01' on the disc and play that. So when I hear it skip to the middle part of Firestarter, it's really just going to where the beginning of a song on the Wip3out disc is. So to make it work right, you would have to have the exact same amount of data in the the data section of the redbook cd as Wip3out has, and each one of your custom songs would have to be the exact same length as the one you're replacing it with... actually roulade's idea seems pretty good right now.

Theory: If you copied the game data from the Wip3out disc to your computer, and burned that game data to the custom disc, and swapped the real disc for the custom disc mid-race, would the PS load the game data from the custom disc and run the game normally? If it's the same data, then theoretically it would work.

If you were a REAL hacker, you could change the code in the game data before burning it to the disc, telling it to go to where your custom songs began instead of where the original songs began. You know, if you were that determined.
    Last edited by Slacker; 31st December 2009 at 08:30 PM.