Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rage-quit

Timezone
    GMT -5

Silverfox - I'm battling the same demons.

Need job, but Wipeout has been neglected for over 2 days.

I now have a little more sympathy for crackheads.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

I have to admit i rage quitted once. The lag was absolutely terrible, and as a result i had been knocked off the track like 3 times. After that it felt like my hands were in control of themselves, before i even paused to think i had quit. Felt sooooooo bad after that, and had to apologise to everyone racing.

Also i can see it happening again in the future- recently weapon pads have really been screwing me- on one occasion i hit a pad and it made the sound of a pick up- but nothing happened. "oh well" i though, i'll just go get another one. Nope. no matter how many times i flew over a pad it wouldnt give me a pickup. I also couldn't fire or absord my phantom item- luckily i was winning by a few seconds, or i may have broken my controller

At least wipeout lag is only a problem in tight packs- being in australia and playing COD5 in the middle of the day with americans has to be one of the most enraging things you could possibly do.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by trentdf View Post
    or i may have broken my controller
    I have many....

Ive been rage quiting more and more frequently now. Really, really starting to go ape **** now. Also the reason why i havent done any new Zico attempts, i want to keep these two controllers as long as possible.

These bull**** lag ****ed me over quite well yesterday. We now have a new feature in online play called shape shifting bombs, that magically appear from nowhere, and off the edge on Sol2 we go. Is Houdini must be a pilot in one of the ships out there now, **** me.

This is why i do better online in Avalon weapon off races. Even though i actually preffer having them on.

Now i realise why Eliminator wasnt included in HD. Imagine the lag in that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The whole HD online from the OZ servers is stuffed ATM.
    Not much SL could do about it.

"Dirty deeds Done Dirt Cheap" Mode would seem the best way to play ATM for we in this part of the world.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    chaos80

I have never rage-quitted, although I have been near a couple of times when you get mines, mines, bombs, missile, ka-booom!

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Chaos80 and his Assagai are well known for "Ramming the crap out of you".
    You are not by your self in this regard.
    WHAT?? Is that really my reputation??
    A bit unfair, if I do say so myslef, since I am being rammed just as badly as the next guy. I don't go out of my way to ram somebody, but when a ship is close and you feel you're being pushed to the walls or off the track, then of course I do what I can to avoid that, like everyone else. And with many players in the same small area, I guess it is unavoidable...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i have rage quit in other games...but never wipEout...it just pushes me harder to play much better and end someones life in the next race

PSN ID
    Assegai82

I think it's a bit much to expect everyone to go the distance when it just isn't going for them. You know how it is - every so often you go the whole first half of a tournament with the most rotten luck etc and it can't help but get to you. This is online gaming and I for one wholeheartedly reserve my right to bail out if I get sick of what's happening or who I'm racing against.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I almost quit last night. It really wasn't a rage quit but more a boring quit. I entered a 5 race Rapier tournament that ended up being a 12 race Venom tournament on one track the whole time.

Eeeek! But I stuck it out.

Never raged quit. Actually never quit a race period.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I will admit to rage-quitting on occasion, but only when encountering the absolute smelliest of bull flying my way. Better that than having to spend £30 on a new controller and needing to crowbar the remains of the old one out of my dad's face.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

Never quitted on a race so far, and don't intend to. It all part of the learning experience. When you participate in a game that has destructive weapons and tight tracks and you race against a bunch of maniacs then this sort of thing is bound to happen from time to time, don't you think??

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    If im losing it means I'm
    a. racing like crap
    b. the other dude is a great pilot
    Well said, RedScar - simple yet true!!

If, every time you get blasted away, you feel like having a cry, then go ahead, stick your thumb back in your mouth, hold your security blanket close to your face, and leave the race!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

I always try to finish ... sometimes I do so screaming red faced at the television screen ...