Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rage-quit

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default rage-quit

YOu know those pansies who start doing crappy in a race/tourney and then just leave the game instead of sticking it through to the end?

I did that today. My first time. but jesus F****** christ I couldn't help it. Mines, mines, bomb, slam into the wall with 3% shield and explode. Happened like three times, all on tracks I was good at, too. I felt like a tool, and a part of me died inside... but I couldn't help it; it was that or be continually slapped in the face by my TV and PS3. Apologies to Chaos80, soccermums, and whoever else was on at the time... not like anyone necessarily cares, but still, I don't like being one of Those People.

anyone else dropped out of a race after being continually raped?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

No, you finished what you start regardless how the race is going.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Chaos80 and his Assagai are well known for "Ramming the crap out of you".
    You are not by your self in this regard.

Best policy I have found,is to let him run then KILL,far easier.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I felt like rage-qutting after being smashed every god dam race by 'the4th's huge ass Goteki 45 ship against my little AG-S. But I finished it reguardless.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I do that. I usually message the zone pilots about it though.

Case in point: I was eliminated by a noob with PA on who just crashed on my side and grinded my shields from 30 down to 3, and then well I died obviously because he then pushed me against the wall. Anulpha Pass Forward man.

PS3 was turned off the second after.

It doesn't happen often, it takes a great deal to make me RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEE, but when it happens I just switch it off.

PSN ID
    FatScarf

ah that Chaos80 guys well known is he? I came up against him before and I wasn't much of a merry guy I tell thee Just disappears into the horizon.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

...for this feelings I prefer a lot single race......the next one.....maybe better....

but when i'm in a tourney and find some prob with other ramming pilots.......I don't shutdown ever......sometimes I've some disconnections.....but I ever advice my mates by msg.

Rage only....lonely...in my room I say very loud......'bastard!!!!!'

Do someone remember the first convention?

.....but rage away and remember......Wipeout phylosophy.....

Let's Be Friends!!!

read you soon
    cdrom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

AG-Wolf and others with low tolerance on ramming racers: Just change your mind, don't try to pass them and let you ramming, turn on eliminator mode and concentrate in using some serious fire power on them. Tension out, you don’t need to finish first, elimination is the goal. That way you can continue the tournament with a smile.

True Qirex philosophy! That`s what I do sometimes. If someone has ruined my race with ramming I just make a new game called "eliminator". It soothes the soul.

I understand how frustrating HD can be at times, but also agree with Alterego to never forget the Wipeout motto But it is hard to do. I once rage-quit playing Pure on Kai, and felt terrible about that, but never did it since. I have been close on HD, but try to remind myself that everyone is suffering the same problems. We are all getting rammed and having nightmare races. Thinking your own suffering is unique will make it worse. At the time I`m not so calm as that, but I try to be afterwards. I think the best way not to suffer the bad things is to be faster so no-one can hurt me, so that`s my goal even if I`m a loooong way short of it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    I felt like rage-qutting after being smashed every god dam race by 'the4th's huge ass Goteki 45 ship against my little AG-S. But I finished it reguardless.
    You did quit in mid tournament a few weeks ago in the room Greenix was hosting, remember? First track was VinetaK, and i killed you with the leech beam? You pulled out a few tracks later in Sebenco climb.

I did pull out of a tourny with Andybob a few days back cause i was cleary getting pissed of the weapon non response. Last lap on Metropia, i said **** it. Then went on GTA4 straight after for some anger management. ****ing foul night to sleep, sticky, humid, and this new AC for some reason fells like its lost its gas. Gonna need to take it back. Christ, is everything built these days inferior and **** from previous years models?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yes .
    Everything new is inferior.
    The attitude of most new racers are sadly NOT in the "LET's BE FRIENDS" mode

It's Kill Kill Kill,you MotherF-cker,Cheat,sh1t,Arseh0le...etc.

That's getting messages from those that have some sort of actual diction happening.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i must admit i did it a few times back when i started playing HD; i forgot that lag could be a factor and thought that everyone had some sort of vendetta against me.
    not done it since i realised that mr.lag is the person i should really hate.
    sometimes i get angry at people using PA and say "so you want to take advantage of my poor little icarus/ag sys? welcome to my world of pain, i nicknamed it triakis"
    sorted

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

I never quit! - (and I´ve had my arse beaten severely several times).
    Unless:
    1. The host changes speed-class milli-seconds before starting the race.
    2. Disconnections from the internet (has happened less than 5 times during the period I´ve been playing WO HD).
    3. I have to wait more than 52 minutes for the "Waiting for"-screen to dissapear.
    4. My house is striked by lighting and the electricity goes bang-bang (has never happened!).
    I simply don´t get why some would quit during a race because of journeys to hell or other racers - who also wants to win the race - are ramming them. Quit afterwards if it´s getting on your nerves. I´ll suggest doing Time Trial or Speed Laps instead.
    Me myself, I would certainly do anything possible to cross the finish-line as no. 1. By wanting to do everything to win myself, I accept everything being done to me to make me the looser.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I'm with Yeldar on this one, it used to infuriate me too and in the early days I have quit a few races due to 'rammers'. Now that I understand that its most likely due to lag, it does'nt really bother me anymore and I can keep my calm.

Due to some rough and tumble during some Avalon races last weekend, I ended up upside down on the track twice! I just found that funny though.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

The only time I quit races is due to "real life" events. (I know, how dare something so trivial get in the way of something so important)

Having a Mrs, 4 year old girl and 1 year old dog means that emergencies or problems can strike at any time so apologies if I do disappear.

I still don't get the point of ramming though as surely it slows you both down allowing others to benefit. Never a tactic I've purposely employed

I hate being rammed and i have left race's before when i've been down to 5% energy with in a lap and the guy you want to get past is weaving around trying to stop you from overtaking the just makes me mad! The only ramming i do is side shift on to the racing line if i've been hit so that i'll get rammed back up to racing speed. Works quite to lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Trouble like yours happens often, but then I finish good last.
    If I quit early it's usually network disconnects, or sometimes I need to do something else.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I must have something wrong. The races I get smoked are the ones I enjoy most! It drives me to play better.

I never emo-quit, except when my PS3 freezes or the network bricks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I never said anything about being rammed into the wall

Though, I'll agree it bothers the **** out of me... I fly Qirex, I should be the one ramming people all over the track, but HD's physics engine doesn't seem to make that possible. It always feels like the other ships on the course are immovable and I'm just a paper-airplane, haven't quite grasped how to ram people and make it work for me. The only time it has any effect is when I turbo into someone's tail-end and they shoot forward, taking all my speed Being pushed around doesn't bother me enough to quit, because I've never been eliminated by it... and I figure it's par for the course for how brutal I used to be in XL and WO3.

I usually make it a point to stay in races, like I said that was the only time I've quit in the middle of it. I totally appreciate the sentiment of seeing things through to the end, but for sake of not totally destroying the $400 paperweight I bought to play WOHD, it was necessary -_- Glad I'm not alone at least

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I must have something wrong. The races I get smoked are the ones I enjoy most! It drives me to play better.

I never emo-quit, except when my PS3 freezes or the network bricks.
    Amen. If im losing it means I'm
    a. racing like crap
    b. the other dude is a great pilot

Generally its b, and to quit on a good racer is stupid and disrespectful.

Also, what the point of quiting? not like HD has stat tracking.