Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rage-quit

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

I don't intentionally quit unless there's some imporant thing I gotta hurry for, and even then I at least try to finish the current race.

However if I get bombarded with bombs, have mines thrown in my face like some enraged kid would throw sand on the playground, pull an Icaras on every single turn and really feel the need to ragequit, I DNF. I hit the brakes right in front of the finish line and wait the few seconds left. It's a race that doesn't deserve to be finished

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Just to clarify, I don't quit when I lose, I quit when bull**** happens and messes up my session. Like the elimination I talked about. I was second in that race and was eliminated by a noob we had lapped because he crashes into me.
    So yeah I said **** it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'll agree that it can be annoying when you're about to get a 1st place global time, and the person you lap then screws you out of it - but this is to be expected! It's a game with weapons. Splosions happen!

The only time I intentionally quit a race, is when my XMB freezes, and I only get to stare at my ship, floating idle, as people fly by. I h8 that! You can't even message people to tell them why you're not interacting, either. And after you restart, you can NEVER find that same room.

I think that's more annoying then when people quit mid-tournament, getting kicked out of your own, and not being able to go back for redemption!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I never understand quitters, what are they gaining by doing it?

If I'm having a bad race and getting hit loads it does make me angry but the aim changes from wanting to win to damage limitation for me, if I'm at the back then the aim is to catch the next racer up.

I always try and get a positive out of it, though i know it tests all our patience to the extreme, when things go from bad to worse i sometimes don't know if i should laugh or cry.

Personally I have more time and respect for people who stick around who are being beaten badly, than people who may win one or two but then leave when they start losing, which i know happens, not so much on Phantom class which is mainly populated by people who understand the nature of the game more. But definitely on the lower classes who maybe are used to winning lots but hate losing so leave to find another less able room .

EDIT: Besides, you may have a couple of bad races, but how many more races will you have, thousands? You win some, You lose some.
    Last edited by KGB; 5th February 2009 at 03:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

"pull an Icaras on every single turn"
    lol awesome description

"I never understand quitters, what are they gaining by doing it?"
    not killing their ps3? :3

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ KGB1971 - I agree with you 100%...my sentiments exactly.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    not killing their ps3? :3
    Yes AG-wolf there is that. what was i thinking about

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Spot on KGB.
    Maybe the best thing is to get beaten and then still carry on trying to get better.
    When I´m racing, say Greenix, Wellington86 or Wotan999 (and a lot of other superior wipers), I know I´ll have a hard time keeping up with them.
    What should I do:
    1. Quit and pretend they don´t even exist (aka I'm - in my own little head -wiper no. 1 in the world)?
    2. Practice some more and learn from what other wipers are doing better than me?
    The answer is simple if you´ve become a WO-lunatic like me.
    Regarding ramming: I think it´s obvious that ramming just for the fun of it doesn´t make you any faster, but your opponents slower - and you wont even see the rear end of the fastest wipers.
    I dont care a f*** if i´m ramming other wipers because of sideshifting to keep my line. And if I´m side by side to, say, KGB1971 just before the finish line (not that it happens often), I wouldn´t mind doing every dirty trick to stay in front of him.
    See you on the tracks, when the smoke has dissappeared.

I'll quit if i think i'm not in a race but i'm in a destruction derby. I don't care about loosing infact i love to loose!

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I will generally finish a race no matter how much I'm failing. I avoid tournaments because it's really annoying to see yourself lose to the same people over and over without being able to pull it back in any way other than being better.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I personally never quit, at least not on WipEout. I do get very frustrated when I've been bombed, mined, rocketed and then bombed again with some extra quake but that doesn't drive me to quit. I'll cross the line unhappily rather than shamefully exit by my own will. Disconnecting is something else entirely and I get just as frustrated by that as I do when I get eliminated . If all goes wrong I'll "pull an Icaras", whatever that means .

I do quit on games such as Call of Duty when the connection is poor or me/my team is being really incompetent, but that's different too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Point in case, today was racing in a tourny with 8 ppl, flash class doing the first 4 tracks in order. Half way through 4 people had already left, and it was only a battle between me and the second place guy. What fun is that?

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

when I first started playing Pulse online, I barely finished a race or tournament without the other guy quitting.

PSN ID
    Lightlord

I don't quit generally I've only had to leave on occasion for personal reasons of more importance than the game, although I do agree that rammers are the most irritating players but constantly winning races as well does have that effect of making people leave also

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Ive never quit a race on WipEout due to WipEout rage and dont plan too. My PS3 does freeze up sometimes when I play WipEout online and I have to turn it off but I turn it straight back on and usually wait around for the race to finish and get back into the room.

I also generally avoid tournaments, mainly because if you set up a long tournament and you get a room full of people that arent as good as you, if they lose badly you start to lose them bit by bit which I do find quite annoying.

I love to do tournaments, but on an SDTV there`s no way to know how many races there are in the tournament until after the first race. For some reason SDTV users don`t get this information on the lobby screens. So I have sometimes quit when finding out a tour is 12 races if I don`t have time for that. I wish SL would fix this Or buy me a a 50 inch Bravia, it`s their choice

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I did a 12 race tourney yesterday. Started off with 8 people. I won each race by about 5-20 seconds. Was actually surprised that 4 people made it to the end as normally people disappear if they feel they can't win. Surely they would be better trying to keep up to see if they can learn some stuff ??

Also what annoyed me on a separate occasion. Was racing on Reverse Chenghou and I was putting in a decent few laps (for me anyway). It felt like it could be a PB anyway and the last person quit which was very frustrasting.

On an aside how has Wellington got the WR by 5 seconds on that course ?? How is 1.53 possible ?? Incredible racing

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Welli is the current best pilot for few months, even his racetime is INSANELY awesome , few guys may think :" yeah it's because he got 10 or more turbos in the race" but what they forgot is you ll have to deal with those turbos , and it's not because you got plenty that you ll have the top score : you ll have to master the speed induced by the turbos and also avoid bombs and mines layed by pilots on the previous laps.
    So hats off to master W86 Cheng reverse will be very, very, very hard to catch up !

back on topic : It happends to me to quit for reasons being mentionned previously ( internet disconnexion or sudden task to help parents ) but never intentionaly. I do respect people

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Sorry to take it off topic but I just couldn't get over his time. About 5 seconds faster than the nearest rival. Incredible stuff and I take my hat off for it.

This chat is making me want to play instead of searching for a job which is what I should be doing.

PSN ID
    Lightlord

I have to agree as well that it is frustrating when the PS3 crashes particularly often when your in 1st, it bloody happens too much!!!
    Sort it out Studio Liverpool