Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wipeout HD league taking sign ups

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinninggenius View Post
    If your 5 hours behind GMT, the how does that affect it? If we started at 9pm, that would be 4pm your time (assuming you use EST)
    balls, I get off class at 4 on tuesdays. Count me out then, I don't feel like rushing home.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

It's sounding more like a ladder system them a 2 championship league system.

PSN ID
    Spinninggenius

It could be conceived as a ladder system I suppose because only people in the top division can win outright, and promotions and relegations happen. In England, we'd call this a league system, but either way, they are peas in a pod.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Spinninggenius View Post
    If your 5 hours behind GMT, the how does that affect it? If we started at 9pm, that would be 4pm your time (assuming you use EST)
    Oh...I guess I was thinking you're 5 hours behind me...not 5 hours ahead. My bad.

Regardless, it's likely still a problem for me, as the earliest I ever get home from work is 5pm EST...so, I'd be at least an hour late.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

If this is going to work it will need to be scheduled at a weekend, when Im sure almost all wipers from around the globe will be able to participate. Seems right to do this and I cant see it working any other way.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Agreed!!!

PSN ID
    Spinninggenius

I've set up a vote to resolve the situation! Follow the link!

http://www.playstationleague.co.uk/b...p?f=268&t=4376

-----------------------------------------------------

I'll tell you all where this league is going. Competitor sign up for the 1st round of leagues will close on Tuesday at 9pm, as will the vote for what day the league is run on.

I shall then give 24 hours for people to sign up to playstation league, and if people fail to do so, they will be stricken (for want of a better phrase) from the list for the league.

There will then be a seeder event on either Tuesday 17th February or Sunday 22nd February to decide what leagues people will go in, depending which date is chosen, and the leagues will commence the week after (either the 24th or 1st March)

Incidentally, I'll stage a practice tournament next Sunday the 15th at 7.15pm, to which you are all invited, in order to test the format for racing and to give me a chance to make a practice grid/table thingy.

If you have any questions please PM me at playstation league or on PSN. Cheers!

Last chance to sign up!!!!!
    Last edited by Lance; 10th February 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Merged three posts in a row from same poster. Please avoid multiple posts. Please wait for replies.

Good to see this is getting legs now. I was doubtful there would be enough interest but spinninggenius has proved me wrong, good work!

It was me that insisted people sign up to PSL that are taking part. This is due to two things. The whole PSL site is run voluntarily, and we like to spend as much time gaming as possible not caught up in 'electronic paperwork' organising and running events. It makes sense to only visit one url to take part, though If SG wants to double post stuff that's fine too.

Of course you guys could just as easily run a league from here, but we do have some nice stuff in place to make the game mods lives easier, such as embedded tables and the chat box.

The chat box is on the front page of psl and all registered members can see and use when logged in, this can be invaluable in setting up and passing info around, or just for having a laugh during events. Not everyone has comms, so it's a good point of contact when racing/shooting or whatever.

Happy Racing