Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1288

Thread: Website for Global Rankings

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I don't know what the index is. You can have more tracks played than someone and a higher average + overall score, but they can still have a higher index.

I don't get it. I think some race types are more valuable to index than others are...

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Cheers lads. At the moment for Zone I'm ranked 59th by Index and 99th by average, you can imagine which one I prefer!

It's largely my Anulpha Pass score that drags my average down. I honestly don't get how people have such high scores on that track. It's not like I haven't practiced it or anything, I've done over 2,000 laps on the bugger, just can't seem to get above zone 60-ish.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Quote Originally Posted by amplificated View Post
    I don't know what the index is. You can have more tracks played than someone and a higher average + overall score, but they can still have a higher index.

I don't get it. I think some race types are more valuable to index than others are...
    I think that the index is based on how many records you have, and what your positions were during those records. It stops people who've only 2 records being at the top due to a ridiculously high average.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I get that aspect, but I don't know everything that it's based on as I think it's odd that you can have a higher average + overall score, more races completed, and still have a lower index than another person.

I don't know why that would be the case.

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

@amplificated, example? I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I only noticed it because I have 28 listings per page (1 extra being me when I'm outside the top 28), since that's what fits my screen...

In overall rank, I'm #39 with 223 records, 142707 overall score and an average of 640. My Index is 560.

#28 (OBH) has 197 records, an overall score of 121863, an average of 619, and an index of 602.

I think my index is a little low given my stats compared to OBH's

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Connavar changed the formula some time ago. I think the change gave a higher weighting to Phantom class, or at least it was something such that a lot of the players who are considered to be some of the best, are not missing from near the top of the overall board because they don't have a lot of venom records, for example. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether that is right or not. I think it's always best to consider things more specifically anyway. I race Phantom class so I only really compare my results across Phantom.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Laeke

Someone added my times, awesome
    Many thanks to whoever did it.

The site is a really good effort, keep things going.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Laeke

Double post but I have questions that may have been answered... but a thorough browsing of the thread might not be possible.

I read that game modes did not weight the same in your formula, which is fine by me (I think the Single/MP Race times are indeed... how should I say it... merely secondary?).

I was wondering however if each race venue had the same value?
    Obviously, Anulpha seems to "weight" a lot more. My matrix show that those are my best score even though I rank fairly low.
    Is it somehow linked to how dense the leaderboard is? Anulpha seems to be a popular track (Venom SL because of Beat Zico, etc...), so even though in the absolute i'm low on the boards my times are relatively deemed OK.

I'm asking because I have some assumptions that you may confirm about how populated are the leaderboards:
    - Most crowded leaderboards: those for events featured in the campaign mode or that are attached to trophies.
    - Forward tracks more popular than reverse tracks
    - HD tracks more popular than Fury tracks

Thanks in advance.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

The index for each track is based on your time vs the top time. Especially on Venom, Anulpha Pass has a very, very fast top record compared to the times that most people have. Zico's record is an absolute joke compared to JF and texasalex's times.

So yeah, most people are going to have a very low score for that track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Laeke

amplificated,

I double checked and indeed I was mistaken: my SL Venom on AP gives me a quite low score, esp. compared to my other scores on this track (SL & TT) which were the ones that bugged me: they are quite strong compared to the rest of my matrix.

Thus while I wondered if AP had a different value in the formula and if the stiffer competition had something to do with it.

Though upon further inspection, it seems that I am closer from the best time (even though there is way more people between me and the top) at AP than on other tracks. Which I guess is kinda cool for my ego

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Default urk

Damn man I'm slipping in the lists here >.< was a time when I was below the hundreds... oh happy days!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

amplificated: Saturn is right, the system rewards Phantom records a bit more.
    It took me a lot of iterations to get it right, and if you look at the overall
    rankings, I think it does a good job. OBH is above you, but just look at his
    matrix! He got some awesome times, and IMO fully deserves to be ranked this
    high.

Also, I found a glitch in the matrix, the overall score on the right would be wrong
    like 90% of the time, now it's correct!!

WOW thanks guys! I just put all my speed laps in, and im ranked 55 in the WORLD! wow thanks heaps i feel like iv achieved something even though all iv done is waste time playing computer games lol.

AND Iv just been checking all my times and some of my best times are not the times on the server!
    why isnt the server copy being updated?
    Last edited by mikrucio; 28th October 2010 at 08:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Laeke

Not sure which server you speak of?

I doubt that Connavar would be able to simply get "copies" of the official leaderboards and the process of data input seems quite time consuming and has to be done manually in part. It is my understanding that Connavar and chboing made some giant updates in the past (600 and 400 days ago I suppose, seeing how old are my times from back then) to fill in the boards but cannot do that on a regular basis. So each user has the ability to add and edit his own new times. Keepting the tables updated is a collective effort.

But since you updated some times yourself, I may just have misunderstood you?
    Last edited by Laeke; 28th October 2010 at 08:51 AM.

which server! (face palm) the SL server of course!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Laeke

Quote Originally Posted by mikrucio View Post
    which server! (face palm) the SL server of course!
    I suspected that...
    The SL server has always been somewhat random but yeah I concur that the pattern for (non-)updates is even more confusing now.

Sorry for the lecture.
    Last edited by Laeke; 28th October 2010 at 09:16 AM.

ahhh well..... one day the sony servers will die and all we will have is that website. thanks C.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Actually we've been collecting data for a long time, but there are just so many
    glitched times, sure the current filter already works very well but still cannot
    filter everything perfectly, sometimes a new player scores 1000 points with
    a slightly better time than the previous top time, so either he's a REALLY good
    new player, or it's just a glitch.

Now I decided that it's a glitch, you don't really see a new player suddenly
    score a world record. So all the new records scored by players outside the top
    100 let's say, will be discarded.

So expect new, CLEAN, records updates soon.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

The updating of the times on the Phantom multiplayer tables (not checked any others) seems to be not working at the moment, there's 3 or 4 of mine that haven't updated after about a week!