Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1288

Thread: Website for Global Rankings

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

What Leungbok said.

There are no cheaters on the rankings site as it is more a reference for top pilots and in a way more for yourself to see what the best times are. If an unknown person suddenly puts in a Top3 time then questions might be asked but usually new pilots come on and put good times and then improve those as they become better and well known. Those with World Records and lots of top5 times will no doubt have a few videos here and there and also you will meet them online and it will be pretty clear that they are very fast.

Hope that helps. Keep using the site - it is far more accurate and populated compared to the out of date online leader boards!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

An amazing website, it helps me a lot keeping track of my little improvements. I too am sure there are no cheaters, can't see the point of writing down times that you can't actually reached. If a cheater goes online against top pilots, well, can you imagine the shame?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by Hoooof View Post
    The Rankings site is a great site, but I was wondering how accurate it is. I've got a ranking of 18 on Wipeout Rankings, but my online in-game ranking is 9th. Does that mean there are cheaters on Wipeout Rankings? Or is something else going on? If the times are achieved offline, do they need proof to go onto Wipeout Rankings?
    The main thing at play, I believe, is that the official ranking servers you see in-game actually remove player records after a period of inactivity. As the game has been out for a relatively long time now at nearly 4 years, the honeymoon period where lots of people who were excited to get good at HD have moved on, and their records have gone with them. The rankings website, however, maintains all records and keeps them in place regardless of whether the record's owner has been active or not.

Cheaters have existed in the past, but as the website is user-run, it's actually very clean compared to the official in-game rankings, especially the top records.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Hey Connavar, I have thought of an improvement/update if you have time and easy to do. I wondered if there was an easy way to sort so that you can see all the uploaded videos? Might already be a way...

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Forget that - already possible as Amplificated has described "You can with the current system as it is. Go to Matrix, then select "Link", which is the link of video (or screenshot) provided with the top record of every track and mode that has one available".

Timezone
    GMT -5

Speaking of videos, how do you link to them in the first place? I just got the #6 spot for Moa Therma (Froward) in Zone so, so yeah.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Hover over the Date of your row entry and click on Edit. You then see the LINK (under Edit your record section) and here you can paste the link to your video on youtube. Any problems give me a shout. Would like to see it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Really, this is one of the most useful website around. Little by little, it helps me a lot seeing my small improvements. Thanks for the effort, Connavar.

PSN ID
    marcingru

I found that site itself its great , many ways to check what are on your mind , so i hope we can all enjoy it much longer

Regards!

P.S I've made some small donation for that matter also !
    Last edited by marcingru; 13th October 2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: some additional info

Timezone
    GMT + 1

hm, the bot-times arent not longer able to be edited by non-mods. so can anyone help me or the user in general?
    want to add some times :-/
    thx.

PSN ID
    idloveacupoft

I'll check out the vid and add some times. I'm an average pilot, so I'm sure my times wont make anyone up there too scared

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Doesn't matter dude! More important to get new faces on the site. Post away! Never feel they aren't fast enough, we all start somewhere!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Hello, haven't been here for a while, but the ranking website is still running!

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

..and we love you for it, thanks Connavar

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Great site Connavar.

I have a few questions about the overall ranking if you don't mind.

1. Is Phantom weighted higher than other classes for overall rank? I've noticed a few pilots with a higher overall ranking that have a lower average and a lower number of entered times. I looked at their matrices, and their scores are mostly in the Phantom class.

2. Is there a penalty for not having Syncopia races, time trials, and speedlaps? I noticed a significant boost in averages for the few events I've completed on Syncopia, but I can't tell if my scores are being brought down for not having some of them added.

3. I figured that on average, not having an event added drops the total weighted score for that track by about 50 points for each event not added (for example, if I had a 1000 score on a time trial, but no other scores added, then it seems like my total score for that track for a specific speed class would be around 850).

4. For those events where 1 pilot has a lead time posted by around 2-3 seconds higher than anyone else, I have an incredibly low score even for being in the top 50. Is it better to not post my time for that event or leave it in for overall ranking?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mannjon; 9th August 2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling error

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@Connavar: And i hope it will be running for ages ^^.
    Thx for it, that's the best wipeout hd's tool. It make the game 10 times better for lots of reasons, in my eyes.
    Every games should have a cool and interactive leaderboard like this one.
    If i was developing a racing game, that's how i'll wanted the leaderboard to be on the official website

nu9get Guest

would be cool a facebook app\page that share any record update in real time!
    a lot of people use facebook, can be usefull...the new records will show up in the home so you can see them instead of refreshing the site anytime
    Last edited by nu9get; 30th October 2014 at 11:14 AM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Very good idea!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Hello!
    mannjon:
    #1: yes, phantom gives more points
    #2: something like that ...
    #3: true, because it makes sense, do you think you deserve 1000 points for a track if you only did time trial on it? The site will reward all-rounded pilots
    #4: yes, that's true, the algorithm was working well until people started performing crazy BR!

=> about the #4, I can improve the algorithm to make it really fair (it's not bad I think but it can become perfect), I have the solution in my head.

However, since there will be a new Wipeout compilation soon, I plan to redo the whole site from scratch to accomodate the new game!!!

The site will be basically the same as this one but much better optimized + you will be able to choose multiple games (new filter), so it can support the PSP + PS3 + Vita + PS4 games + the Events section will be working ... finally.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

the good thing with PS4 is, no1 can argue anymore to not post video, cause PS4 records your gameplay, and it's easy as it can get to edit everything and upload it to multiple sites as YouTube / twitch and stuff.
    edit 1: with one of the latest firmware updates it's possible now to record up to 60 minutes of gameplay!
    edit 2: i predict however, that it'll not be possible to best any WR made on PS3 played with d-pad. hear my words, DS3 is far superior to DS4 in terms of d-pad acrobatics
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 4th December 2016 at 04:12 PM.