Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Website for Global Rankings

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Connavar, you just made me a very happy person indeed. I noticed that Holland/Belgium was 3rd in international2. That was already great news. Then I set it to Elite/Phantom and not only is Holland/Belgium 2nd (on average), but I'm in the top5. Ultimate awesome-ness.

One of the best websites ever.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

someone sticky this. its fantastic.
    smashes the life out of SLs board, i hope theyve seen how it should be done.

are you able to elaborate further on the team data?? mainly whos raccing for which team, highest average etc.

other than that, the title should send you back to the HP now you have a chatbox

edit:
    I also updated CP phantom multiplayer times.
    wellington - 2.01.83
    osama-bin-haydn - 2.01.84
    Last edited by OBH; 25th February 2009 at 03:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Cool, thanks!
    What you can already do is enter your name and see which ships you use the most.
    But I think I got an idea that should satisfy you

Thanks for adding times, make sure to add extra information (best lap in this case).

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

It was interesting to see that I am in fact Italian and not British

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I have been a bit unorganized writing down my times as I beat them,heaps of pieces of paper with stuff scribbled down,usually forgetting to write down what speed class or track the times were from,meaning I have to go back into the records to get the info.

So I though there has to be a better way.

I went into Word and made up a patch of record times papers that I can just print off.

All the tracks listed down the left side,with 4 columns listing time/lap/speed pads/craft.

So much easier,just write at the top of the page what sort of racing it is [Multi/TT/SL/single],and the date you do it on.

Also good for keeping a reference of your Multiplayer records at hand,just look at it after every online race to see if you have beaten it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Blackwiggle: A good way to do it!
    I´m always, and I think a lot of wipers do, keeping a piece of paper with my pb´s next to me (at least the multiplayer records ...), when racing. If beating a personal best, I more than often wake up my children, shouting Hallelujah, but at the same time I double-check with the SL-rankings build in to WO HD, before posting the results to Connovar´s more than brilliant site.
    I think the results/pb´s on Connavar´s site really depends on wipers writing down records that can be certificied through SL's rankings.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've just be playing around with the list [I'm running blind using office,trial and error ] but I've just made it even easier.

Tracks are listed down the left as before,but now I have in next two columns pre entered info that I just have to circle.

So now it's like this
    1]Tracks
    2]Choice of circling [Multi-SL-Single-TT]
    3]Choice of circling [ Ag-Ass-Egx-Fei-Got-Har-Ica-Mir-Pir-Qui-Tri]
    4]Time
    5]Lap
    6]Pads

I was going to put the word file as an attachment so you guys could use it instead of having to make up your own,but sadly its 52kb and exceeds the file size limit of what I can post.

Not to worry I just Zipped them,here you go guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st March 2009 at 12:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm so confused. All the records on Wipeout HD are stored within the game saves right? So why not just make a note of the track? You can check them all with the in game records later and upload them to the the records site of awesomeness later right? Surely it's only online multiplayer that you need to make a note of the track. All the offline modes you can upload as and when, no? I must be missing something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

If you got a laptop running while playing, you can also update the times in
    real-time, best way to do is to go to multiplayer-all-phantom-[your name],
    and then you'll see your 16 records and you'll only need a few clicks to edit
    one of them.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I have to go to another room to use a desk top,that's why I made up the list.

As I said before,I ended up with a heap of times and tracks written on pieces of paper and it got confusing [the number of times I picked up a list and found I had already entered and others found later which I hadn't]

I just thought I'd tidy up the whole procedure.

Which is now zipped and attached to my previous post if anybody wishes to use it.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st March 2009 at 12:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Well that makes perfect sense Maybe a snapshot of the screen to record the scores could work for some people too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Wow very well done blackwiggle, I think I'll print that .doc file, might come in handy!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've been working away at it since that last post.

Have a look at the new modified version [V1.1 world quickest updates ]

This is far better IMHO,looks a lot more professional.

New to this update.
    1]Added speed column with pre entered multiple choice to speed class.
    2] Now has a header with "WIPEOUT HD RACE DATA"
    3] Header now has a place to enter date and name of racer.
    4] Fonts changed and varied for easier reading
    5]Time and Lap columns now spaced for minutes:seconds:10ths
    Attached Files Attached Files

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

@SaturnReturn:

You can also see you MP racetimes in the records section of the game. Pencil/paper records should only be necessary if you need to wake children and such

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Yep, but if you don't want to leave a good online game then you wouldn't be able to enter all the details for online races right there, e.g. the extra data. Whereas you can easily end session in offline modes withouth missing out on anything.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    http://wipeout-rankings.mooo.com/

Hi, I created a website allowing players to check the records, with different
    views including: overview of all personal records, or global rankings.
    FANTASTIC JOB ! even in my wildest dreams I never thought I would see anything like this ! The filtering system is flawless !

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    One of the best websites ever.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    someone sticky this. its fantastic.
    +1

A few suggestions though :
    - in the selection box, rename "ELITE" to "ELITE (SL + TT)" so that everyone knows what it means
    - display an short description when the mouse cursor is 2 seconds over a column title (for example to understand what's the meaning of Average, Overall, or Count)

QUESTIONS :

1/ On this screenshot, I've selected : SpeedLap/All/All/-/OverallRanking and I see that Akfurtif is #3 with a higher average than Connavar who is #2 (877 vs 853). Is it a bug ? What is the difference between sorting by "OVERALL" and sorting by "AVERAGE" ?

2/ Small bug : when we don't enter any Track or Speed Class, an empty image with a red cross appears. Would be better to display a blank image.

3/ Small bug : the logos are not as beautiful on Internet Explorer 7 than on Forefox, as you can see on the screenshot.

Once again congrats for such a wonderful job you must have been coding for hours and hours !!! and the database requests are faaast. good optimization

PSN ID
    chboing

Quote Originally Posted by superpj1 View Post
    QUESTIONS :

1/ On this screenshot, I've selected : SpeedLap/All/All/-/OverallRanking and I see that Akfurtif is #3 with a higher average than Connavar who is #2 (877 vs 853). Is it a bug ? What is the difference between sorting by "OVERALL" and sorting by "AVERAGE" ?
    when you enter a time you get a score. Overall is the total amount of score you have.
    Average is the average score.

Akfurtif's got only 62 records in the database while connavar has 64.
    so he is behind cause the total score is lower. He should pass connavar soon, when he'll enter the last two times he lacks.

2/ Small bug : when we don't enter any Track or Speed Class, an empty image with a red cross appears. Would be better to display a blank image.
    i have no such problems ...

ps: oh and by the way, you'll be happy to see i've entered some times into the venom section just for you !
    have fun !
    Last edited by chboing; 2nd March 2009 at 10:07 PM.

PSN ID
    superpj1

chboing, thanks for the explanations about the rankings. and thanks for entering my SL times in Venom you must have been laughing when you saw the ridiculous lap times but i will get them better, stay tuned

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

A few suggestions though :
    - in the selection box, rename "ELITE" to "ELITE (SL + TT)" so that everyone knows what it means
    Non Elite players don't need to know what this is

Fixed, thanks for the bug report.

3/ Small bug : the logos are not as beautiful on Internet Explorer 7 than on Forefox, as you can see on the screenshot.
    I couldn't make it work, don't use IE that's it!

Thanks for the feedback
    There are still some features to be added but i'm taking my time now...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Being able to print out your times would be nice,like all TT or SL times.
    That way I could check if I have entered the latest ones.