Page 125 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1288

Thread: Website for Global Rankings

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

What Leungbok said.

There are no cheaters on the rankings site as it is more a reference for top pilots and in a way more for yourself to see what the best times are. If an unknown person suddenly puts in a Top3 time then questions might be asked but usually new pilots come on and put good times and then improve those as they become better and well known. Those with World Records and lots of top5 times will no doubt have a few videos here and there and also you will meet them online and it will be pretty clear that they are very fast.

Hope that helps. Keep using the site - it is far more accurate and populated compared to the out of date online leader boards!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

An amazing website, it helps me a lot keeping track of my little improvements. I too am sure there are no cheaters, can't see the point of writing down times that you can't actually reached. If a cheater goes online against top pilots, well, can you imagine the shame?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by Hoooof View Post
    The Rankings site is a great site, but I was wondering how accurate it is. I've got a ranking of 18 on Wipeout Rankings, but my online in-game ranking is 9th. Does that mean there are cheaters on Wipeout Rankings? Or is something else going on? If the times are achieved offline, do they need proof to go onto Wipeout Rankings?
    The main thing at play, I believe, is that the official ranking servers you see in-game actually remove player records after a period of inactivity. As the game has been out for a relatively long time now at nearly 4 years, the honeymoon period where lots of people who were excited to get good at HD have moved on, and their records have gone with them. The rankings website, however, maintains all records and keeps them in place regardless of whether the record's owner has been active or not.

Cheaters have existed in the past, but as the website is user-run, it's actually very clean compared to the official in-game rankings, especially the top records.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Hey Connavar, I have thought of an improvement/update if you have time and easy to do. I wondered if there was an easy way to sort so that you can see all the uploaded videos? Might already be a way...

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Forget that - already possible as Amplificated has described "You can with the current system as it is. Go to Matrix, then select "Link", which is the link of video (or screenshot) provided with the top record of every track and mode that has one available".

Timezone
    GMT -5

Speaking of videos, how do you link to them in the first place? I just got the #6 spot for Moa Therma (Froward) in Zone so, so yeah.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Hover over the Date of your row entry and click on Edit. You then see the LINK (under Edit your record section) and here you can paste the link to your video on youtube. Any problems give me a shout. Would like to see it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Really, this is one of the most useful website around. Little by little, it helps me a lot seeing my small improvements. Thanks for the effort, Connavar.

PSN ID
    marcingru

I found that site itself its great , many ways to check what are on your mind , so i hope we can all enjoy it much longer

Regards!

P.S I've made some small donation for that matter also !
    Last edited by marcingru; 13th October 2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: some additional info

Timezone
    GMT + 1

hm, the bot-times arent not longer able to be edited by non-mods. so can anyone help me or the user in general?
    want to add some times :-/
    thx.