Thread: Website for Global Rankings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    And i personally think the same, hence i dared to make the assumption that it applies for everyone.
    nope, not for everyone, i can't drive the ship well with sticks, i use only d-pad (pitch too, i removed motion sensors from ds3 to make it lighter), especially on phantom! as JF said, it's subjective

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    The stick is better for basic maneuvering the ship, simply the race line. It is definetely more precise than the pad. I suppose we can agree on that.
    The D-pad on the other hand is easier for doing barrel rolls.
    But here is the thing. Learning how to implement the barrel rolls with fast execution on the stick is not as hard as reaching the same steering precision with the dpad as it is possible with the stick.
    aaaaaand also no, still subjective; imho. i used to play d-pad since first wipeouts on ps1, and i use d-pad for every race game played on console, i get waaaay better lines with d-pad since i used it for years, and execute good BRs meanwhile....learned more faster than the sticks. i had decent times with it...

depends on the player, on which game style you feel more comfortable, if you play well and feel good with sticks, you'll never play good with d-pad and viceversa.

also i don't think me and JF are the only in top 10\20 that used d-pad, if i'm not wrong Lilith maybe uses it?
    Last edited by nu9get; 27th December 2016 at 07:46 AM.