Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1288

Thread: Website for Global Rankings

nu9get Guest

there's a way to make the DS3 work on PS4?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

if you have an up to date pstv, then the answer is yes, BUT it has input lag, so the definitive answer is NO, unfortunately no 'real' way to use DS3 on PS4

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    i predict however, that it'll not be possible to best any WR made on PS3 played with d-pad. hear my words, DS3 is far superior to DS4 in terms of d-pad acrobatics
    => that's why I will add a "GAME" filter, so it will be possible to:
    - see combined rankings (PS3/PS4/vita...)
    - individual rankings (only PS3, only PS4, only vita, etc)

It will be interesting to see on which platform we can get the fastest laps, it might depend on the track as well, who knows.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Glad to hear Conna!
    Please do add a way to ban ppl by IP if you're re-doing it, spammers/flamers/haters like the friendisspeed guy ruined the chat box from time to time
    If you need assistance coding, just ask

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Isn't that irrelevant?
    I mean if you can play with the stick, it is arguably the superior input way.
    Imo it doesn't make any sense to distunguish between two solutions being inferior to stick. It's rather important then to determine the (possible) differences between the sticks. But since I haven't tested rhe DS4 to the same extent as the DS3, I cant help on that topic.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    ...I mean if you can play with the stick, it is arguably the superior input way...
    why exactly? from my personal experience, the stick sucks compared to d-pad. it's personal preference, you cannot say stick is superior, nor the opposite.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well, you have told me once that you suck at phantom because it is too hard too control the ship with the D-pad. And i personally think the same, hence i dared to make the assumption that it applies for everyone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

yeah, but with stick i suck even more in phantom as with d-pad. as i said, it's personal preference, no 'stick is superior to d-pad' nor the other way around applies here. it's subjective, not objective. that's all im saying

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well, one could approach that topic statistically by looking at the top 50 players of all different classes and game modes for example.
    And by examining the distribution one yould derive at least a tendency.
    In general i would put it this way:
    The stick is better for basic maneuvering the ship, simply the race line. It is definetely more precise than the pad. I suppose we can agree on that.
    The D-pad on the other hand is easier for doing barrel rolls.
    But here is the thing. Learning how to implement the barrel rolls with fast execution on the stick is not as hard as reaching the same steering precision with the dpad as it is possible with the stick.
    This gap is why i think the stick is better on the top level. But of course, i don't mean to say that you can't reach top level by dpad usage as you have proved already by yourself
    But feel free to disagree with that conclusion.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

whatever floats your boat

Scimi

nu9get Guest

And i personally think the same, hence i dared to make the assumption that it applies for everyone.
    nope, not for everyone, i can't drive the ship well with sticks, i use only d-pad (pitch too, i removed motion sensors from ds3 to make it lighter), especially on phantom! as JF said, it's subjective

The stick is better for basic maneuvering the ship, simply the race line. It is definetely more precise than the pad. I suppose we can agree on that.
    The D-pad on the other hand is easier for doing barrel rolls.
    But here is the thing. Learning how to implement the barrel rolls with fast execution on the stick is not as hard as reaching the same steering precision with the dpad as it is possible with the stick.
    aaaaaand also no, still subjective; imho. i used to play d-pad since first wipeouts on ps1, and i use d-pad for every race game played on console, i get waaaay better lines with d-pad since i used it for years, and execute good BRs meanwhile....learned more faster than the sticks. i had decent times with it...

depends on the player, on which game style you feel more comfortable, if you play well and feel good with sticks, you'll never play good with d-pad and viceversa.

also i don't think me and JF are the only in top 10\20 that used d-pad, if i'm not wrong Lilith maybe uses it?
    Last edited by nu9get; 27th December 2016 at 07:46 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Back in the days i've played need for speed and gran turismo only wirh the dpad, just wipeout made me switch to stick...

nu9get Guest

Back in the days i've played need for speed and gran turismo only wirh the dpad, just wipeout made me switch to stick...
    same here for gran turismo and need for speed *brofist*

for me playing with dpad is a tradition, switching to sticks would be a betrayal
    Last edited by nu9get; 27th December 2016 at 11:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

stick
    Last edited by tug_14; 28th December 2016 at 11:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Hello!
    I'm adding support for all the games now, but I need help.
    Can you check if this list is correct, and if not, what to change?

http://wipeoutrankings.com/script/games.py

What I want, for each game:
    - best way to name the game: Wipeout 2097 or wipEout 2097 or ... ???
    - all the modes
    - all the classes
    - all the ships and combinations if they impact the results (for example Icaras+, or AG Systems - agility)
    - all the tracks, in the racebox order (unless it's better to present them in the alphabetical order on the site??)

+ which sub-sections to use, for example:
    ```Forward
    track 1
    track 2
    Reverse
    track 1
    track 2
    ```

I think that's about it?

Do we need Wipeout 64?

And then we'll be able to select a game, and the modes / ships / tracks will match accordingly.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Connavar; 19th December 2017 at 10:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Okay I think I got it right ... also added Wipeout 64.
    Now I'm missing some icons for the tracks ... I'm wondering if anyone has drawn them here? SVG would be best

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

You can find most of the stuff needed for HD/Fury here: https://liger-inuzuka.deviantart.com...rces-402758653 (see description for teams)
    It's in .csh format (custom shape), but you should be able to export them to .svg from that

Thanks again for putting all this work in!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

One thing I noticed was support for super phantom on the HD fury side. Is this a real thing? I've never seen it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

the original link from first post is dead atm, this means either the site is gone for good, or it'll be re-launched soon...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Haven't checked the site for some time, but I did today, and it was down due to some SQL issue, so I fixed that and it's back up.
    However, that's still the old version. I have a new version working with all the Wipeout games, going to release it soon.