Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.25

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I got the update prompt last night (nothing the night before). 11 MB, no info, can't tell if anything has changed. Then again I never had any issues with freezing or lag or slowing down etc (so far). So yeah, could be in preparation for DLC... *fingers crossed*

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Lmao, I think we have a new rumor on our hands! Will be updating as soon as I get home, in preparation for DLC ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    Havent you guys heard about the 3D-Glasses patch they have coming out for WipEout HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift? Perhaps that has something to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdIAX311NVQ
    They never said it was going to be released anytime soon, if at all. One of SL (sorry, forgot the name, oh heavenly developer) pointed us at this already. Plus, in this video they say it is still a prototype, and nothing is mentioned about no patch. So, no
    Last edited by H3avyM3tal; 28th January 2009 at 04:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I'm sure it would take more than a patch to add the whole 3D thing to a game, but it is realistic to think they are prepping to add more content in some way.

Very odd that there was no info though, they could at least said something generic and not just ninja patch the game without a word...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

haahhaah ninja patch is hilarious

anyway, just to understand it is normal routine in game industry release a patch before some add of content or what? if it is just a preparation patch what it would prepare, what's could be the specific purpose?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Modify game code so that new maps can be accepted? Therefore only the maps need to be downloaded after.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Patches to prepare a game for new content are common in PC games, but I don't have a lot of console games that I have DLC for so I'm not sure - but I would assume things work the same way.

But... if we did have some nice added content coming, wouldnt SL announce it? Surely it would be good for selling a few more copies of the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    I'm sure it would take more than a patch to add the whole 3D thing to a game [...]
    I dunno where I read it today, but there was a Sony statement that the 3D thing may be available by just adding a BIOS update.
    Now that's something, eh?
    Though, I do not know how great the effect really works (can't tell from the video).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I couldn't get online for ages after I got this last patch last night.
    A PITA as I wanted to see exactly how many of my records had NOT been updated.
    Not a total loss I suppose,I went and broke 4 of my TT records while waiting to get back online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Though, I do not know how great the effect really works (can't tell from the video).
    Personally I think I would get something like motion sickness (nausea, dizziness)... You would probably get used to it after a while though, but I'm not sure how interested I am to be honest.

PSN ID
    subtotal

since dowloading the patch i've noticed the frame rate dropping more often during online play and not when loads of stuff is happening on screen either,
    could that be the server though??

i rarely saw that happen before

Timezone
    GMT -5

I still have not seen an update in the States as of yet. I swear to the God of Quake, if you guys across the pond get new DLC, and we don't - your shields will be down when you need them most!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

After downloading the patch I got the mysterious "Two weapons at once bug" happen to me on Metropia.
    Where I had the glowing nose cone of Leech Beam for two laps while still picking up and using other weapons,I'd never suffered that before,although others here had reported it happening.
    ????

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Yah that's happened to me several time without the patch. I'm in the process of downloading the demo right now, which, according to others, will result in my game being patched to 1.26...I'm sure, like everyone else, I won't notice anything different.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    "Two weapons at once bug"
    Which makes it impossible to pick up a leech beam afterwards. :/

Did you run on two pads in quick succession, absorbing the first one, like I did? Or was it something completely random?

PSN ID
    fantaboy00

I got the patch a few nights ago, i had the leech beam orb (or whatever its called) ... but i just thought it was because i absorbed it as soon as i got it.

i havent noticed any other strange or better things since

i wouldn't exactly call it two weapons at once because i couldn't use the leach beam i absorbed, the orb just stayed there till the race ended
    Last edited by fantaboy00; 29th January 2009 at 05:01 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

to me too happens my first huge seriuos freeze/bug , i've posted it in the report bugs section: yesterday morning when i still playing on ubermall , speed lap using icaras sudenly the screen had turn into a fixed menus image while in the top still of the image the HUD remains displayed and in the background the sounds effects and the music continue to run, the game had freeze this way and i have only to reset my ps3...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The game freezes when I go to use my new "Official Sony Playstation Headset" [2nd one]the first one wouldn't turn on after the first days use.
    I don't know if this is a new glitch or not since the patch.

But I think that's the least of my problems,every time I've pressed the R2 button to use it I slammed into a wall.

It's about as comfortable as having a sun dried gherkin shoved in your ear anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's about as comfortable as having a sun dried gherkin shoved in your ear anyway.
    Oh yes! I´m totally disappointed of the SONY HS ! It´s an ergonomic nightmare I will use the Logitech Cordless Vantage instead! And about in-game-communication: Only worked in lobby properly!

PSN ID
    Greenix

Quote Originally Posted by fantaboy00 View Post
    i wouldn't exactly call it two weapons at once because i couldn't use the leach beam i absorbed, the orb just stayed there till the race ended
    That happened to me except I had the shield. I used it and it disappeared from my weapon indicator but my ship remained in the bubble for the rest of the race. Weird...

PSN ID
    Mister_Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I still have not seen an update in the States as of yet. I swear to the God of Quake, if you guys across the pond get new DLC, and we don't - your shields will be down when you need them most!
    I can't imagine the patch is preparing the game for new content. I think it was just for fixing some (rare) problems with online gaming (maybe some special european problems?). I refused to update, because I was doing Arcade Perfect at this time and after winning on 13 of 16 tracks I didn't want to risk that the game "forgets" it because of the update, and I was able to play normally, I just couldn't play online. When starting the game without patch you were logged out automatically from PSN and after ending the game you were logged in again...