Thread: Losing on easy tracks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default Losing on easy tracks

WTF. I may not be the best phantom pilot for HD just yet, but I like to think I'm not awful. Why is it, then, that I find myself losing miserably on courses like Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma?! Someone gets in a bomb, a bomb, mines, then you get hit with a quake from behind and you're essentially boned for the rest of the race. Every weapon you pick up is useless for advancing further in the pack. Every barrel roll you attempt doesn't register. GOD DAMN IT MY NECK ITCHES HOLY CRAP I JUST FLEW INTO A WALL. Or like just now in Metropia, that first hill? I managed a barrel roll, landed successfully on the rail on the right side of the track, was flying for a bit, then the game just resets my position.

Does this happen to anyone else like frequently enough to piss you off? I hate racing people whom I know I could probably beat, and then having to succumb to a series of unfortunate events and take last place.

And how can anyone legitimately complain about things like this without simply sounding like a sore loser who's just making excuses -_-;;

EDIT: I also have had my controller arbitrarily disconnect or lose signal while playing, which results in my ship stopping in the middle of the track and spinning in a circle. THAT's retarded

EDIT 2: And I can't count how many times I've ended up UPSIDE-DOWN just to sit there for five seconds before the game realises something's wrong. you can ask TheFrostE for proof of that, he has personally bared witness to me breaking every wipeout game
    Last edited by AG-wolf; 26th January 2009 at 04:51 PM.