Thread: Barrel rolls on Sebenco Climb

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Exclamation Barrel rolls on Sebenco Climb

Hi guys,

I'm trying to put in a good speed lap time for Sebenco Climb on Phantom, but I'm not sure if some barrel rolls are making the lap faster or slowing me down.

There's an instant u-turn as soon as you start, is it worth boosting through the finish line or does this not really matter?

I go round the first u-turn, then over the jump (barrel roll), round to the right (barrel roll), round to the left (barrel roll), round to the right (barrel roll), over the very top (barrel roll) then I boost whilst in the air (barrel roll). I'm now in the tunnel, and hit all 3 speed pads then (barrel roll) into the twisty bit. There's another possible barrel roll as you jump off the end before the last corner, and I think it's possible to get one more on the speed pad.

I think possibly the 3rd barrel roll is causing me some issues, as well as the last 2 barrel rolls I mentioned as they're very tricky to get. I can quite easily land every barrel roll apart from the last 2 every single lap.

My max is 8 barrel rolls per lap, but I think only 6 is needed to set a very quick time.

I'm currently 49th in the world, but there's an easy second I can get back.

How do you do it?

EDIT: The following will explain it better...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...titled-1-7.jpg

Pretty much 100% sure these definitely help you.
    Questionable -- not sure if it helps or not. I can't decide.
    Possible but extremely tricky to do -- not sure if it's even worth trying.
    Last edited by bik3rluke; 22nd January 2009 at 02:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Hey there.

If you're taking about forwards, the only places I barrel roll are after the first turn (on the bump), at the hill's peak (good place to use boost) and coming out of the tunnel (also a good place to use boost).

So yeah, normal racing I only do 3 barrel rolls or so on SC. Tighter lines are more important than fitting in as many barrel rolls as possible.

Reverse its on the first bump (only with a boost), going into the tunnel, and at the top of the hill.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I would never barrel roll so many times...the pilot in the ship complains that he feels sick after the race if I barrel roll more than 4 times.

I never thought about that many barrel rolls though...I'm looking forward to see the posts of the best racers here in the forum!!
    Interesting topic.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Well, put it like this... My best ever time was 2:06 with Icaras online.

I got 4 speed boosts, and 2 auto pilots. I only barrel rolled over the first hump, and sometimes over the very top of the climb.

Tonight, I went on a time trial and instantly got 2:02 on my first attempt. I'm fairly sure I'll be able to get 1:58 tomorrow with some practise.

The barrel rolls help a lot, but some of them aren't needed and actually slow you down, so I'm trying to figure out which jumps to barrel roll and which to just take tight and smoothly.

I'm too looking forward to seeing comments from the top racers.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

New image added to original post.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Trim it. If you didn't know the file size limit on this forum is 50Kb total, and your image is 76Kb.

Nice thinking though, good picture as well

PSN ID
    pirhapac

if it can help i did 21.82 yesterday with 8pads : 3 br in first 3 turns ,boost br top of the hill,and br end of tunnel.wellington did 21.60 yesterday.i think he do other strat

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Here's my BR raceline for Sebenco forward:

-first hairpin, hill, 1st BR, just like you
    -turn right, catch the speedpad (!!!), second BR, just like you
    -no BR after the left
    -next right, hit speedpad + pull up, 3rd BR, takeoff over the crest (no boost required)
    -while in air 4th BR
    -after the hard right in the tunnel, while passing over the speed pad, TURBO, don't fly too high or you'll hit the ceiling. while flying over the snakey section 5th BR.

That's it.
    And yes, you are a tad faster if you turbo over the finish line into the speed lap, but make sure you stay all the way to the right of the finish straight, hit the turbo at the beginning of the finish straight, and pull hard left at the end of the finish straight with a little nose up - that way you'll cut the hairpin right at the apex, maybe even cutting the corner a bit.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Good advice eLhabib -- so we're both in agreement about the 3rd possible barrel roll causing too many problems... I'm going to try boosting over the twisty bit at the top of the tunnel. What ship to you use?

Anyone else?
    Last edited by bik3rluke; 22nd January 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm an Auricom pilot, but that raceline works with any ship

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

It seems this is the good thread for that, http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVw54...e=channel_page

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I just decided the last BR doesn't count, because you receive the boost after the finish line
    j/k - I wish I could pull those BRs as consistently as you do...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

lol, yes you're right i cheated a little on the last one , so, let's say 8 br sebenco,

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Nice. Can you do that barrel roll in the tunnel at full speed? It looks really tricky. Is it?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i tried it out today, it's not as hard as may seem at first. just pitch up and you're sorted.