Thread: No Medals Awarded--Future Patches?

Default No Medals Awarded--Future Patches?

About a month or two ago, I posted a thread about a rather annoying glitch I was encountering. While in Campaign mode, a few cells in select grids would not award me medals, whether I finished first, second, or third place.

The grids are as follows: Frenzy (one cell), Vertigo (one cell), Head Rush (one cell), Speed Freak (one cell), Drop Zone (two cells), and Meltdown (one cell). The problem seems to be connected only to actual races, not to any of the other events.

I wish I could provide you with actual screens, but I'm not familiar with how to take the screens and post them. I am using the latest version of the game and Firmware. It doesn't matter which skill level I use, the glitch still persists.

Some of you proposed it might a result of the Trophy error that Sony has not addressed yet, but I am not encountering any problems with trophies from this game or other games--just the medals.

Here is what I reported under the bug thread:

" Game region version: NTSC
    Game update number: 1.20
    Firmware version: 2.53
    Console version and harddrive size: 80GB Core (August 200
    Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
    Controller type: DualShock 3
    Options settings: Standard
    Track where error occurs: Frenzy (second row from left, middle cell)
    Online/Offline: Offline

While completing a race in campaign mode (Frenzy--second row from left, middle cell), the game WILL NOT grant me the medal I earned. I've finished a number of races in first place but for some reason the game will not give me a gold medal, or any medal for that matter! First, second, or third place - NO MEDAL. I tried switching skill levels, and the game still does not give me a medal for first, second, or third place.

I'm not sure if it only affects this specific cell since I can't progress far enough to find out. I tried re-downloading and re-installing the game, but the same thing happens. I even went as far as restoring my PS3...no dice.

I had my friend download the game on his PS3, and I re-played everything and still---the same thing happens. No medal is given out, the race just ends with me getting first place. So I know this has nothing to do with my PS3."

Does anyone else suffer from this glitch? It makes me think I am doing something wrong since I haven't heard anyone else report this.

Do the developers of the game still plan to provide future patches for the game?

Thanks.
    Last edited by freakcubus; 20th January 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hi. Make sure that these are not Tournament games. If they are, you must complete the full tournament to be awarded a medal. To know if it is a tournament, check to see if the player names or teams are indicated during play in that event, in the upper right corner of the screen.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

You may try to install the demo, it's the game version 1.25.

Wow, thanks Darkdrium...you solved the mystery. I've been so accustomed to expecting a medal after every event that I neglected to see I was racing in a tournament and not selecting "next race."

Sigh...I feel dumb...

Haha, thanks again!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No problem. You're not the only one with that problem, if it makes you more comfortable

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

ROFL
    I would never have assumed that! Nicely spotted Darkdrium!