Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout Design Work

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

They should be 1920 x 1080 resolution, thats what my TV runs at when im taking them so they should export at full res. Ill have a look now....

I didnt realise Flickr would compress the images. Ill find a new image host and re-upload them.
    Last edited by YouAreFubar; 25th January 2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Checking stuff out

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

While im trying to get Imageshack working (wont batch upload or transfer from Flickr, even though it says it is), I can send the pics out by email if you cant wait and they are full 1920 x 1080. Just PM me your email address.

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Question final five... for now :)

here are 5 image which seem to stick.... see what people think.

http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/i...%205%20images/

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

I do like what youve done with the 5th one! It looks very good!

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

the last one would be the easiest and hardest to do at the same time... bold and detail.... well still not 100% yet.. but if you or anyone has similiar to these photo, add them here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    chaos80

Excellent job there, mate!
    With number two and four still beeing my favourites!

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Got fed up of Flickr and Imageshack, so got more new photos at:

http://photobucket.com/youarefubar

If you need them in high res, PM me and tell me which ones you want and ill email them across.

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Default made a start!

Canvas update... wooooh... nothing amazing yet... A3 pictures printed and canvas gridded out for perfection. Hopefully u can see the 2 images ive attached here. Hopefully ill sketch up one of the canvas' by the end of the week (work dependant though)
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    redstar1993

Sorry mate but some of the photos really don't appeal to me, the shots are nice but you seem to be making the classic mistake of overusing/misusing filters because they're easy.

No offence meant though, I just don't feel this one, I personally prefer to add a little twist to mine.
    Last edited by Feisar Ltd.; 1st March 2009 at 02:00 PM.

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Well the composition of the shot was my main starting point, catching enough kinetic energy of Wipeout HD in ultra-widescreen frame size. Granted I could have used other filters/masks but in the end I’ve got to paint it! I used paint daubs first and then the cutout filter; this simplifies the image but keeps the aesthetics in my opinion.

It’s very hard to recreate the design concepts that Designer’s Republic have used for years. Especially difficult without a drawing tablet to draw over and rework my sketches. If I were producing ‘arty’ style wallpapers, then more thought processes would be used, don’t get me wrong, a critique of my work is always appreciated. Will have to see your style of work sometime.

PSN ID
    redstar1993

Check my thread , don't get me wrong though. It's not bad... It's just not what I'm into. I agree with you about the no tablet thing though. I have to do all my work with a laptop mousepad!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Not meaning to be rude here, Feisar Ltd., but judging from your own design thread, you're in no position telling andybob he's overusing filters

Granted, applying those filters to the source image is nothing special in itself, but it sure helps if you want to paint the thing in oil or acrylic.

PSN ID
    redstar1993

Fair enough

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Here's some photos which were originally for the "How High can you get " post that I forgot to put a link to.

Nearly all are of AG systems,all photos are 1200 X 1080.

http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/q...eout%20photos/

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

@Feisar limted, i have looked at your work and its not bad, would take me years to paint ur style. I can see your use of layers, filters and adjustments. Pretty nice but 'busy'. Your logo/intro picture uses drop shadows well as well a little bevel and emboss. Good work, wen i get time i do similar pieces (3D modeling is my art form)

@Blackwiggle, some excellent shots, love the glitches when they happen (except online ugh!) gotta be quick on the pause/photo mode!

Hopefully this weekend ill post my 1st completed canvas ready to be painted on. I think in future ill be doing just one A1 sized canvas! Thx ppl for the support!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Shame im still playing on this 4:3 SD ****. I would of had some real good photos by now. BTW what happened to those series of photos i sent to you Andybob?? Over the shoulder and in to the bin my photos went

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Shame im still playing on this 4:3 SD ****. I would of had some real good photos by now. BTW what happened to those series of photos i sent to you Andybob?? Over the shoulder and in to the bin my photos went
    Ive still got em... nice EPIC explosions on metropia... good timing but the picture ratio isnt wot im after! ill give u a big gold star for effort though.

Btw if u want one of ur photo's 'worked up' i can do that for ya....psn/wz any pic u want! cya about early or late online