Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Race Flash?

Default Anyone Race Flash?

I see alot of posts but can never figure out who race's what. I race Flash mostly and was wondering if anyone else does and if they want a race?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hmm most people here race Phantom. Personally I don't know anyone who races only Flash. We all could of course, it's just that, well... It isn't really fast enough lol. Sorry man
    Although something can always be arranged sometimes, we will race you if you set up a meeting of course

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Sometimes I do some "Flashbacks" for shiptests and collecting points, or just to race in times when no Phantom or Rapier room is filling. See you on tracks!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i'm a phantom racer but if i ever see you hosting i'll give you a quick racie. see you there!

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

Hiya Firedshot - get fed up with the other site too :-)

Did I follow you or did you follow me lol.
    Good to see you.

i followed you bud lol

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    Dark_Vincent

I race on Flash mostly since I haven't had time to practice enough to advance further on Rapier or Phantom.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

I only really race on Rapier and Phantom. Flash is just too slow for me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I've got to ask, what other site?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Well, I don't discriminate against any of the speed classes, as I enjoy taking in the scenery in Venom and Flash, as well as testing my reflexes in Rapier and, more recently, Phantom (I'm just finally getting more comfortable there...with Goteki 45, no less!)...and you personally know I frequent Flash races, as I've beaten you there plenty. (more like the other way around...LOL)

I've spoken to some of the top flash racers and they like the site but wont register because everyone's phantom. Which i know is not anyone's problem but thought it could be worth a mention.
    I admit the reason i don't play phantom is because i started on flash and i like it so never moved up and i know some of the other guys are the same.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That's not really true, quite a few of the other newer members are racing rapier.

I mean if you had the guys that have played this game for years, on mass all jump in and played Flash or Venom....well I think the United Nations might try to put a stop to it foreseeing a massacre of the new players.

You have to bite the bullet eventually and race in the faster speeds,it's not that hard really,but it does take time,and your not going to get better if you stay racing in the same class.

And it not like people at this forum are big bad bullies that are going to payout on new racers,quite the reverse,we have all been there and done it as well,there has seldom if ever been any petty nastiness at this forum [I can't remember any]regarding peoples skill level,or any other topic for that matter.

Nearly every post at this forum is to talk about how to get the most out of the game,the information you read is just as relevant for the slower speeds in the majority of cases.

I think one of KAORI's Speed Lap challenges at Flash speed might be in order.
    What do you guys think?

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

I'd be really interested in doing some rapier races, but flash mostly feels like racing in slow motion.. Funny i remember well the first few days i was playing WO HD, trying out flash and thinking woooaahhh this is fast ;-)

welcome to the forum though!

PSN ID
    chboing

yeah ! come on FiredShot, play phantom !!
    you cant imagine how pleasant the "perfect lap" voice sound in phantom

cu soon mate !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by chboing View Post
    you cant imagine how pleasant the "perfect lap" voice sound in phantom
    exactly. What a feeling with the music, the speed... Rare moment of perfection. It's like an awesome reward, after hours of practice... I love this woman. Especially when she adds "new lap record" too!
    Last edited by kanar; 16th January 2009 at 10:01 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I mostly race rapier atm but I do occasionally race flash if I see someone I know hosting. I'll soon be hitting the phantom races in elite campaign though, so I expect I'll move out of rapier when I have gotten my phantom groove on.

I'm sure if you set aside an evening/weekend for flash racing and announced it here, people would come join you though. I'd be happy to, if I'm free.

it's just a pity she has a thing for pamming the word 'cannon' at me. i remember nearly bricking myself when i first raced phantom, now there's nothing like it. sometimes i try venom with my toes, it's almost as entertaining!

PSN ID
    chboing

yeldar !
    it's time to organize the wipeout venon/flash SL toes contest.

a tv, a mirror, and you make the movie of your SL-Toes lap. Can be hard to use air brakes though ...

brilliant idea. i may just give it a try. i'll try and get a split-screen of toes + screen going on perhaps. i find it (sometimes) works by setting the controls to default and sort of pushing the controller into the floor because the L2 and R2 triggers are quite big. rumble makes things even more interesting

Timezone
    GMT -5

I never look down at Flash and Rapier - I actually enjoy those races as much as I do Phantom. Tactics and Weaponry play a much larger role in Flash - and it makes it all the more interesting. The downside, is the Flash rooms don't contain as many seasoned vets, but when you find one, its a good time.

I will say that Venom is taking it a little too far, but outside of that, I'm game for anything.