Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New Free Zone : ASTRAL

PSN ID
    EPSILON (EP SILON on Facebook)

A Fireworks Festival Tonight

Congratulation to Weelington, always as gifted but it was was clamped between You, Greenix and Nyctalopian. The only technique to beat you and especially not to leave you ahead but I can't, some events beyond my control have stopped my progress. I have 15 days to Training ^^

Leungbok has been big network problem such Lag, Option HS, etc...I hope you come for the Next Astral in 15 Days to take your Revenge ^^

Greenix, I'm glad I have been able to measure yourself and above all, congratulations on your performance tonight, Excellent Pilot.

Luxoflux, Thanks for the real Exciting Race, What battle between us. You are a great Pilot too !

SaturnReturn, it was shot this evening, but what a pleasure to play in such a condition at your side.

Spoon, As usual, a tidal gravitionnal wave ! And we have exactly the same total point ^^

Nyctalopian, You almost managed to complete in pole position, you have fought as a gladiator. Beautiful courses, the next one is for you

And for me, I was raped by a band of crazy wild

The fisrt Round was very difficult for me, I try to go back but there are nothing

I Finished with 34 Pts - 6th Place.

The second round was a little better but so couraging. It a was a very great Duel between 3 Racers (Wellington, Greenix, Nyctalopian) for the 1st Place.

I Finished with 42 - 5th Place

The Last round was horrible, Mine, Bomb, Quake, 2 explosion...The level is so good that the slightest mistake is fatal^^

I Finished With 38 Pts - 5th place

RESULT :

1/ Wellington : 68, 56, 85 ---> 209 Pts

2/ Greenix : 61, 60, 60 ---> 181 Pts

3/ Nyctalopian : 48, 53, 46 ---> 147 Pts

4/ Luxoflux : 38, 45, 34 ---> 117 Pts

5/ EPSILON : 34,42,38 ---> 114 Pts

5/ Spoon : 35, 32, 47 ---> 114 Pts

7/ SaturnReturn : 34, 38, 36 ---> 108 Pts

8/ Leungbok : 30(Bug), 21(Lag), -- Deco ---> 51 Pts (No comment)

Ps : THX for the Thread Vote
    Last edited by EPSILON; 20th January 2009 at 11:30 PM.

PSN ID
    Greenix

Ah, don't worry about it Leungbok. Your a good sportsman, you stayed for 2 tourns and those conditions really can bring you down. I'd rather you left and cooled down instead of continue on feeling even worse after each race. When a game is going wrong sometimes it's best to rest

Thanks EPSILON, and I got 181 overall, I doubt Nyctalopian was far off that.
    61, 60, 60

I'll get my revenge yet Welly!
    Last edited by Greenix; 20th January 2009 at 11:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yeah mates of course i will be back for other astral challenge, but SL, FIX THOSE ISSUES PLEAAAASE !

PSN ID
    Nyctalopian

It was an exceptional tournament, I've never been so fun to play with real insider WipEout, you are all true and great driver, I really took my foot...
    But it is true that tonight I have a little thought for WELLINGTON and my dear friend and competitor GREENIX especially with whom I have exchanged more than once racing sick ...
    Is it not GREENIX ?

I especially love the second TOURNAMENT since the last race WELLINGTON had 56 points, GREENIX 55 points and myself 54 points ... all that to say that it was tight for first place in the podium.

Finally I have one word to say " I love you " its more of a word that ... hihihihihihi

Oh I forgot, EPSILON for me this is 149pts. I still have room for you to load up GREENIX revenge my otter ...see you soon for the next adventure
    Last edited by Nyctalopian; 21st January 2009 at 07:38 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I wasn't on form this evening - but have 15 days to practise. Some day I'm gonna kick all you're behinds - you'll see! I did win 2 anulpha pass reverse didn't I? I'll remember that for a while, was smooth sailing at the front.

Incidentally Nyctalopian and Wellington86 finished in a dead heat on the last race of tournoi 2.

Leungbok - I think there has been a lot of lag the past few nights. It got to me last night and a bit tonight. At one point I had a reach beam (or is it leech beam?) on me and needed a pick up to replenish my shield - went over a pad - hit O - nothing. As I blow up I see the pickup on the screen. If only it had responded quicker I might have lasted 5 more seconds . To be honest, ASTRAL is always pretty intense anyway, so I'm more prepared to put up with the lag.

Anyway, based on archive footage I make the the final results (correct any of these if I'm wrong as my brain is slightly dead right now):

Tournoi 1
    Wellington86 ( 68 )
    Greenix (61)
    Nyctalopian (48 )
    Luxoflux (38 )
    spoon56 (35)
    EPSILON (34)
    SaturnReturn (34)
    Leungbok (30)

Tournoi 2
    Greenix (60)
    Wellington86 (56)
    Nyctalopian (53)
    Luxoflux (45)
    EPSILON (42)
    SaturnReturn (38 )
    spoon56 (32)
    Leungbok (21)

Tournoi 3
    Wellington86 (85)
    Greenix (60)
    spoon56 (47)
    Nyctalopian (46)
    EPSILON (38 )
    SaturnReturn (36)
    Luxoflux (34)
    Leungbok (Retired due to technical diffulculties)

First vid on youtube
    For some reason the description hasn't worked yet again. It seems to be uploaded and processed but the page still says uploading. Basically in the description I apologise for the lag as I think it was down to me based on the way the whole pack shot off.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 21st January 2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: corrected spoon's T2 score from 31 to 32 - nycta's T2 from 53 to 55

PSN ID
    Nyctalopian

What more do you always very good job SATURnRETURN thank you again for this video ... you're an ace if not on the track ... I will tease my quail

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I wasn't on form this evening - but have 15 days to practise. Some day I'm gonna kick all you're behinds - you'll see! I did win 2 anulpha pass reverse didn't I? I'll remember that for a while, was smooth sailing at the front.

Incidentally Nyctalopian and Wellington86 finished in a dead heat on the last race of tournoi 2.

Leungbok - I think there has been a lot of lag the past few nights. It got to me last night and a bit tonight. At one point I had a reach beam (or is it leech beam?) on me and needed a pick up to replenish my shield - went over a pad - hit O - nothing. As I blow up I see the pickup on the screen. If only it had responded quicker I might have lasted 5 more seconds . To be honest, ASTRAL is always pretty intense anyway, so I'm more prepared to put up with the lag.

Anyway, based on archive footage I make the the final results (correct any of these if I'm wrong as my brain is slightly dead right now):

Tournoi 1
    Wellington86 ( 68 )
    Greenix (61)
    Nyctalopian (48 )
    Luxoflux (38 )
    spoon56 (35)
    EPSILON (34)
    SaturnReturn (34)
    Leungbok (30)

Tournoi 2
    Greenix (60)
    Wellington86 (56)
    Nyctalopian (53)
    Luxoflux (45)
    EPSILON (42)
    SaturnReturn (38 )
    spoon56 (32)
    Leungbok (21)

Tournoi 3
    Wellington86 (85)
    Greenix (60)
    spoon56 (47)
    Nyctalopian (46)
    EPSILON (38 )
    SaturnReturn (36)
    Luxoflux (34)
    Leungbok (Retired due to technical diffulculties)

First vid on youtube
    For some reason the description hasn't worked yet again. It seems to be uploaded and processed but the page still says uploading. Basically in the description I apologise for the lag as I think it was down to me based on the way the whole pack shot off.
    Thanks again for this video ^^ Is it possible to have a complete tournament on video ?

Excellent Job for record the total point of each wiper !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Sadly there are only 4 aces in every pack. Right now I am not one of them - but you just wait Nyctalopian, I'm gunning for one of the top slots and right now you are the biggest target in my sight. (I've never been this competitive in my life - see what ASTRAL has done to me, haha )

EDIT: EPSILON - a complete tourney was my aim but I accidentally took a photo in the first race - then windows crashed while I was getting vids off the camera so missed the start of the 2nd as well. I think I have all of the third though so maybe I'll upload that. Some races are just me grinding the wall though so I won't bother with that.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 20th January 2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: avoid double post

PSN ID

OK Sat ^^

I put the first Astral Result on my first post of this Thread.

It would be great if we could keep regular pilot, we can create a second pool which would enable us to make a Grand Final every time
    Last edited by Task; 28th January 2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Removed pointless quote of preceding post

PSN ID
    Nyctalopian

As against, you SaturnReturn wrong in my points for the second tournament, I corrected:

* 6-3-6-5-5-6-3-5-6-2-6-2 = 55pts ...( 2 points will always be the difference finally, I hope ... hihihihihihi )
    Last edited by Nyctalopian; 21st January 2009 at 06:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks Nyctalopian - one of the vids cut off a bit early in tournament 2 before the last few positions were determined.

Wellingont86 & Luxoflux - please correct your tournament 2 scores as the video in one race cut off early and I think your scores are the only ones I don't have.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 21st January 2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: !

PSN ID
    Nyctalopian

Thanks Nyctalopian - one of the vids cut off a bit early in tournament 2 before the last few positions were determined.

Wellingont86 & Luxoflux - please correct your tournament 2 scores as the video in one race cut off early and I think your scores are the only ones I don't have.

No, thank you to you for evil as you give ... BRAVOOOOOOO

PSN ID

ASTRAL 21H30 (GMT Paris) -03.02.09

Please, it's Time to Register ^^

I repeat, I fixed the Astral Tournament Every 15 Days, We will find 16 pilots to create 2 pool

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctalopian View Post
    No, thank you to you for evil as you give ... BRAVOOOOOOO
    Evil ?

EPSILON - Sign me up.

If you manage to get 16 players then maybe the 2nd pool should play an extra tournament at some time to make the points even between both pools.

PSN ID
    Wellington86

Thanks to everyone for this, it's a good event! I don't know how I managed to avoid the mayhem so well in that third tournament, I don't think I came less than third. In the first two tournaments I managed to throw myself off the track on Ubermall both times (twice in fact in the first one ), which led to my finishing plum last both times and got me rather frustrated with myself, lol . I will register now for the next ASTRAL.

@EPSILON, if you're going to keep a cumulative score of this you will probably need to display the number of races everyone has played, or the points will soon become meaningless when different people play in different tournaments etc.

@SaturnReturn, thanks for the video. I thought it worth mentioning that there is no need to apologise to Greenix for having been ranked ahead of him when you could see him go over the line before you. When there are synchronisation issues at the beginning of the race the game still keeps track of the times properly. So if you are ranked ahead then it means your race was quicker. He finished before you because either he started too early or you started too late (sorry Greenix!). About my score in the second tournament, you already have it correct at 56. If you want the individual races, I'm afraid I don't have them.

PSN ID
    Nyctalopian

Evil ?

EPSILON - Sign me up.

If you manage to get 16 players then maybe the 2nd pool should play an extra tournament at some time to make the points even between both pools.
    I know my English is sometimes confused ... and I just wanted to say you're doing a good job for your videos you are a artist, I can see that you take time ... Thanks again to relive their moments of pure happiness and shame as

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Hi EPSILON
    At the moment I think I can make the next one, is there any room for an old timer like me.

EDIT: This may change I'm afraid for reasons that will become clear at a later date.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Wellington - I think maybe it is still a little unfair. I guess it depends on how I appear on Greenix's screen. The other day I was playing someone (Luxoflux maybe??) and apparently was nowhere to be seen, then finished ahead. If Greenix can see me in position then fair enough, if he can't then it's a bit unfair as he can't really hit me with weapons etc.

Anyway, if your score is correct then that's fine, you must have finished just in time when it switched to tournament standings. No need for individual races.

Nyctalopian - Thanks. I'm afraid I'm far from an artist though. I just stick the camera in front of the screen and hit record. Actually, I swear the camera has a better view than I do.

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    Hi EPSILON
    At the moment I think I can make the next one, is there any room for an old timer like me.

EDIT: This may change I'm afraid for reasons that will become clear at a later date.
    Off course there is place for an old timer like you ^^ (i'm a old timer like you)

So for this ASTRAL we have :

- SaturnReturn
    - KGB1971
    - EPSILON(1975)
    - Wellington
    - Nyctalopian
    - Spoon

I would like to tell you my new project

I do not give ASTRAL on the contrary but I have a much more crazy project and not so unrealistic as when it finally sees the big family that is WipeoutZone

THE WIPEOUT HD WORLD CUP , there it ^^

But i would like to tell you your opinion before I spend a lot of time to organize this World Cup

it's a mad project but it keeps me a heart !

I know people like who organize some tournament like Kanar ou Kaori, because for this prohect i can't be alone ^^

Hi Band crazy!
    I confirm my presence for the ASTRAL 03.02.09
    EPSILON: Thank you for this tournament Giants ... What happiness!
    NYCTALOPIAN: cosmic monkey ^ ^ once again shone you ....
    Wellington86: RRRRRR, cough ... cough ... I'm sure you Boose for NASA ... gone, you can tell me ... I had nothing ...
    + + + + On circuits girls