Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

So you mean I should delete my [eLhabib] user account from my PS3? And then what? recover it from the internet, or how does it work?

You can`t recover the deleted user account, but after deleting it you can make a new one on the PS3 with the same details, and then also use your eLhabib PSN sign in with it. I think you should do this as a last resort because it can be a hassle.

Deleting the user account removes all of the game save data on the account, so first back up all of your game saves and Wipeout HD ghosts. Game updates downloaded on that account are also sometimes deleted, so when you have made the new account you might have to redownload them; a bit of a pain with games like Pain or Everybody`s Golf which have a lot of updates.

I also had to re-download the Wipeout HD unlock key, though this only takes a moment and I didn`t have to download the full game again. The symptoms and cause of your problem sound slightly different, so I think you should exhaust other possibilities before doing this.

Another long shot, but have you tried using a different internet provider? I`ve heard of individual games being blocked for some reason in the past. Maybe you could take your PS3 to someone else`s house. Also you could try signing in as eLHabib then downloading and playing HD from another PS3, if you have access to one. This might show if the problem is on your machine or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

As I said before, if I use one of my other 3 PS3 accounts, wipEout HD online works just fine! It's just the [eLhabib] account that doesn't work, no matter if I use my savegame or not So it's definitely not the provider, and not caused by a corrupted savegame either.

Oh sorry, you did

Maybe then you should try to play as eLHabib from another PS3 if you haven`t done that. If it still doesn`t work I guess you can try to contact Sony as the problem is not on your machine. If it does work on another PS3 try the delete user account option perhaps.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't mind deleting my [eLhabib] account and creating it again, I don't have that many game updates installed anyway. I'm just scared that my savegame won't work with the newly created profile

Perhaps try copying the save game from eLhabib to a new and fresh user account on your PS3, and see if it works with HD. That might give you some idea of whether your save game is going to work or not if you delete the user account, but I know what you mean, it`s scary. I think you should try all other possibilities first, and I`m not confident this is going to work as my problem was different. Some people fixed the problem I had just by re-syncing their trophies.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I know that my wipEout HD savegame that I created on my [eLhabib] profile will not work with any other profile, which naturally has a different name - I tried that already. However, if i delete the [eLhabib] profile and create a new one with exactly the same name, who knows? I can't really test that either, because I can't have 2 profiles with the same name...

I suppose you can test the process, and see if save games will survive, by deleting and remaking your spare accounts if you`re not worried about losing the save games on those. I`m not sure if the name of the PS3 user account matters as it appears this can be changed without any consequences, but the PSN sign in attached to the user account should be the same. It all sounds like grief and fairly risky for a long-shot at a solution though. You can get corrupted PS3 user accounts, which is what happened to me, but hopefully someone will come up with another idea

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Ok, I'll leave that as a last resort then. Big thanks for your input though, greatly appreciated

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Ok now.
    I actually went through the hassle of testing out wether a new profile of the same name would recognize my old savegame - and it does. So I backed all my savegames up to USB, deleted my [eLhabib] profile, rebooted the PS3, created a new [eLhabib] profile, recovered all my savegames, re-set all my settings, fired up the game, and you know what? It STILL won't connect to the wipEout HD servers! AAAARGH! My nerves!

All this strain on my nerves, not knowing wether my savegames will really be ok, wether my friendlist will be there on the new profile (luckily, yes), and then all this only to realize it's actually the only part I can't do anything about: my PSN account!

Great, so what do i do now? Who can fix that? I feel like collapsing.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Have you tried selecting a different server area other than EU in the WOHD online options?
    Who know?,worth a try.
    Actually that might be the problem,the game might have you logged in online on a different area's server,that's why it won't let you log into the EU one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Nope, that's not it. It won't even get as far as letting me choose a server. Anyway, I'm calling Sony support tomorrow - let's hope they have a fix for that...

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Let us know how that goes. Ive also been having problems intermittenly with connecting to WipEout online. I either get a cant connect to server message or theres an error on the WipEoutHD servers and im already logged in. I usually have to leave it a few hours before it works again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

This is SHI*T. I called sony support today, and they checked everything, every possible source that could cause a problem, and they simply can't find anything wrong! My PSN account is perfectly fine, I can access every other game's online mode, the PSN Store, everything except the wipEout HD online servers. The game install on my PS3 isn't the source of the problem either, as I've already re-installed it, re-set my very profile, still, no dice. All other profiles on my PS3 can connect to wipEout HD online just fine, only the [eLhabib] account doesn't work, not even with a brand new savegame.
    I have now tried to contact SL, as it seems they are the only ones who would be able to find the source of this problem. I'll keep you posted, since some of you also seem to have occasional connection errors - only that mine is permanent

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i feel for you man, it's annoying enough when i have 1/2 of trouble let alone permanent trouble.
    i feel like i shouldn't complain but i will anyway... does anyone else ever go through the floor after the BR straight after the split in ubermall? last lap, danterich and alejess up my chuff...until i went through the floor and didn't respawn for a good month or so. argh. it happened twice more after that so i tried offline and it was all gravy. anyone else?

i really hope they can get this sorted for you soon eLhabib. i'll ask my guru to see if he knows anything...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I've contacted SL directly now (although I really hate to bother them with it - not to distract them from working on DLC ), and those amazingly nice fellas are looking into it - let's hope they find the cause of this problem and beat the crap out of it

Will report on the outcome. Everyone having connection problems with wipEout HD only, watch this space.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    i feel for you man, it's annoying enough when i have 1/2 of trouble let alone permanent trouble.
    i feel like i shouldn't complain but i will anyway... does anyone else ever go through the floor after the BR straight after the split in ubermall? last lap, danterich and alejess up my chuff...until i went through the floor and didn't respawn for a good month or so. argh. it happened twice more after that so i tried offline and it was all gravy. anyone else?
    Ive had problems round there online. After where the track splits and before the hill, I set off a quake a second before I got there and the quake just dissapeared. This has happened twice. Also at the same spot I was stopped dead and thrown into the air like id just hit an invisible bump.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Please post these issues in the 'Random Questions' thread or the 'Bug Reports' thread, seeing as they are not really online issues per se. Thank you.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I noticed you were trying to get online again yesterday,I tried to get online myself a few times and couldn't, and from looking at my friends list nobody else could either.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

im sorry for u elhabib.... u have the same problem as me, dont bother deleting ur savefile cause i did, i tried deleting my savefile and creating a newone but... ok id log in, id read the user agreements and accepted it, i choosed the region and then It showed the same error as always... argggggg i just dont know what to do... i tried out everything...

i dont mind waiting more days for fixing this issue..... i just want to play wipeout online again cause i love the game.....

ill add u to my friend list, so we can talk each other if one of us find the solution