Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

Default Wipeout HD Online Issues?

whats up everyone.

hey i got issues with the online since a week ago, everytime i want to start the online it says me "cant connect with the server try again later", and if i try again later it says it cant connect cause im already logged in... wtf anyone having same problems or how did u solve it?

thanks for the help, ill really appreciate it cause i only need the bling brigade trophy for the platinum and the bad part is i cant use the online lol

if ur asking... ive played a lot wipeouthd online dunno why im having issues now,oh and i have nat 2 btw.

forgive me if i made a mistake by creating this thread in this seccion, i did read the rules and didnt find another thread like this one.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i had that problem a few days ago after accidentally pressing square whilst logged in (which lets you change location). then i got the can't connect thing. got angry, restarted ps3, only to find the already logged in message. rinsed and repeated. got angry, had a sandwich. i decided to do some offline racing just to pass the time. couple of hourse later, i tried to log in expecting a failure, and it worked!
    sadly the only fix i know is the waiting game. i have NAT 2 as well btw.
    i'm sure someone will have a more adequate solution but i thought i might as well share my experiences

PSN ID
    chboing

hed exactly the same as yeldar2097

except i didnt have a sandwich

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I've had that a few months ago when I changed location as well. Waiting solved it, because there was no way to log in after switching from EU to US.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

by the way, what does switching location actually do? does location matter much?
    i never quite got why it was there.

chboing you missed out! it eased my pain a lot.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think all the location does is what region it says you are hosting from in the 'join game' screen. It's only really there to aid other people in joining a low-ping game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I think it might be more than that. A couple of months ago, I was racing someone from Germany, and the game was REALLY laggy. When I left his room, I noticed that his location was set to Korea, for whatever reason. I wrote him a PM telling him about the lag I experienced and asking why his location was set to Korea. He then changed it to EU, I rejoined him, and all the lag was gone completely. So, I don't know, maybe there are some kind of servers behind this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

I always assumed localized WO servers for each of the region. If you take over hosting a game localized in a region different from your own, the game will remain localized to the original game creator until you are the only one in the room.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Hmmm, I guess I was assuming matches were player-hosted like most other console titles. Then again, if the host leaves, the game doesn't conk out.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

i dunno if changing location will solve it, i cant change it anyway cause i cant log in lol

yesterday i ask a friend to use my account in his ps3 and play wipeout hd online, for my surprise he couldnt play aswell so i guess its a problem with my account.

tomorrow ill upgrade my hard disk from 40gb to 250gb hopefully the backup and restore will solve it, if not ill try redownloading the game lol

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Anybody else unable to connect today?
    I keep getting the error message and I think it's not just a local server problem.

Might be another patch or something else happening from SL....it is Thursday,the day they add stuff to the PS store.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    klocki_LEGO(online), dylong-pl-(offline)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepMix View Post
    whats up everyone.

hey i got issues with the online since a week ago, everytime i want to start the online it says me "cant connect with the server try again later", and if i try again later it says it cant connect cause im already logged in... wtf anyone having same problems or how did u solve it?

thanks for the help, ill really appreciate it cause i only need the bling brigade trophy for the platinum and the bad part is i cant use the online lol

if ur asking... ive played a lot wipeouthd online dunno why im having issues now,oh and i have nat 2 btw.

forgive me if i made a mistake by creating this thread in this seccion, i did read the rules and didnt find another thread like this one.
    Hi Guys!!
    I have this same problem
    When i'm choosing online mode it says me "an error occurred withlst server try again later"
    it is about 72 hours since 11.01.09 sunday morning up till now 13.01.09 evening and still dosent work;/
    I notice that
    1. My other friends in my country can play online
    2. Other games like Tekken DR, Warhawk are fine (i can play them online mode)
    3. My Sister on hers account can play online W HD so its something wrong whit my accout
    4. I think it can be something wrong with the friends list. My list reach 100 friends (100 is max) on 10.01.09 Saturday day before it happend;(

I deleted some person on list but still can't connect
    I like Wipeout so much but i can't play
    Thanks for any help!!

Sorry for my english
    klocki LEGO
    Greetings

Timezone
    GMT -5

May be completely unrelated - but I had several dropped chats with my friends across the pond. (in the UK)

Like both of our connections were severely limited. (they dropped any time I tried to show a picture or anything bandwidth intensive)

Though my interwebz worked just fine.

Related? IDK.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Kloki LEGO :Check your account details,I had the same problem so I just re entered all my account information and that got it working again.

You can check if it's ok by going to the Playstation store,have a look at the WOHD download,if your account is recognized you will have the little red logo showing you have already downloaded it,it won't appear if your account information is corrupted.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

I checked my account details, all is fine i have the red logo in download section Now i'm downloading again Wipeout HD. After downlload i will write again.

edit:
    Re-install game dosen't cure this problem
    Last edited by klocki LEGO; 14th January 2009 at 11:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I've been unable to connect to the HD servers for the whole weekend (missing Avalon in the process ), and now it seems as if it's related to my profile. There is no way I can connect to the HD servers, however PSN, other games, and the PSN Store work perfectly. So, I tried to log in with one of my other accounts, and it worked just fine! What does it mean? Is my [eLhabib] profile corrupted? I honestly don't know what to do now - don't wanna have to sacrifice my savegame!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID

So we have to wait for next patch;/;/??

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

ElHabib and LEGO:With the error message that comes up, does it say "Your are already logged in"? and have you both recently [last few days] been on HOME?

When I had this problem I first thought the worse [somebody had accessed my account] but then I thought the only way anybody could/might of got the info was via HOME.
    I remember that I went into HOME to see if I could launch WOHD from there,NO,so I just exited HOME straight from that screen,it's when I got back and tried to launch WOHD from the XMB I got that error message.
    I then re enter my account details to see if that made a difference,I'm still not sure if it did.
    It wasn't until I went back into HOME and checked a store or something and then exited HOME less abruptly, that the error message had gone next time I tried to go online with WOHD.

I have no idea why this would happen,and I'm not even sure if this procedure was what fixed it,but since your both unable to get online I suppose it's worth a try.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 14th January 2009 at 08:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Thanks, I will try that as well, even though I don't think that's the problem - haven't been on HOME for ages...

I've tried pretty much everything by now. I even backed up my savegame and deleted it from the PS3, deleted wipEout HD, re-downloaded it, and it still won't connect to the servers with a brand new savegame!

What's even more strange is that if i switch my PS3 profile (I got 3 extra ones which I use only for US/UK/JAP PSN Stores), I can connect to the online servers just fine!

Please, anyone from SL - tell me what I can do, I'm running out of ideas here No online since last friday...

I had a problem with HD where it wouldn`t work at all with my main PS3 user account that I use (the one associated with my PSN ID) but it would work fine with the sub-accounts on the machine. I had to delete the broken user account from the PS3 itself and after that it was fine with my usual PSN sign in on a newly created PS3 user account. The problem was caused by changing my PSN sign in email address, and sounds slightly different because HD wouldn`t work at all, but this may be worth a shot for you. Hope you can fix it and keep your save game, I understand your frustration