Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BiLwiS

hello,

that does not work for me,

on my US psn account, even if i have automatic log on disabled, if i have internet enabled, it logs on even though i said not to be automatic, when i turn on the system.

(dont look at me like that, i know i have gone mad)

if i have the internet disabled, my wipeout just says ..... "the internet connection is disabled. go to [settings] > [network settings] and enable internet connection. (80130181)"

the roomate, they dont have that problem, and if the internet is not turned on in the wipeout online menu, it just asks them to hit the tab to log in. but they have never had any trouble logging on to wipeout online.

I WIN ! at losing.

i am glad it works for you. just for me, i still need a new and different way to play that does not require me losing my old trusty psn account.

what is weirding me out most, i am running with the last sony firmware update 3.30, and it seems my ps3's main account is acting different than, my roomates guest japanese account on the same ps3, or secretzsquirrel's.

please note i have recently done option 3 and 4 in the sub-sub menu of the ps3 the (3) restore system file and (4) rebuild database. (defrag and file clean up to normal humans) so its all good, and there is no reason that i can tell why this is happening.

i am truly at a loss.
    Last edited by biLwiS; 23rd April 2010 at 06:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

bilwis, Try this,
    Leave Internet connection settings ON then Start wipeout,
    go to the main menu where it says Campaign, ONLINE , options etc.

Now Press The PS Button (the round button in the center of the controller)
    You should now be in the PS3 XMB (dashboard) From here Scroll RIGHT to Account Management, Press Triangle and select Sign Out.

Press The PS button again and you should be back at the Wipeout menu, Now Choose ONLINE and your PSN Login Box will Appear, Click LOGIN and within a few seconds you should be connected to wipeout online.

Have you tried creating a New User and seeing if the online works with that?

I would like to add that the Fury pack is fine, this online issue is with the Core Wipeout HD. I had this problem BEFORE i bought the fury pack and installing the fury Pack did not fix or break the online. Its the same as it was with just the core game.
    hope this helps everyone out.

Added in this post:
    I just want to give as much info as possible so the developers have a better shot at nailing this down.
    I dont know if this is related or not but several days ago BEFORE i bought wipeout I changed my email login and password because i got that spam message from someone on my friends list regarding that code generator scam, I deleted that user and out of precaution i changed my login info even though i never went to or viewed that scam site. I did read the message and that got me worried because I value my account to much and while it was probably not necessary to change the info I feel at ease that i did.

I also had to call sony in January 2010 and have my original 60gb launch system deactivated for video's because it got ylod and i choose just to replace it with a new PS3.
    Im NOT SURE if they deactivated the game activation part also but if they did then i have 4 remaining activations. The thing to note here is that i downloaded the wipeout DEMO with this older PS3 back in late 2008 or early 2009 however I did not buy wipeout back then, I only ended up buying it on my New 160GB a few days ago. This is probably not related to the online issue but i just wanted to give as much info as possible.

I am in the USA and have a USA account so my PS3 connects to the region/servers i am located in and have the newest Firmware Version 3.30
    Last edited by secretzsquirrel; 23rd April 2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: scroll right not left, corrected the typo sorry and more details

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BiLwiS

hello

"the round button in the center of the controller" ... ... ...

*sighs, looks at you, mouth open, no sound*.....no comment.

through account managment you say, i never log in or out there, but i will try it.

----- SUCCESS ---

its all fine and well to play with yourself, its much better to play with others. to which, i am going to go do right now....

(yes, guests psn account has always worked on wipeout hd for me, but i am not going to switch to another just to play a game, i want my trophies where they belong, in my proper account)

...so weird that through account managment to log out, soooo works, yet all the others don't. almost does not make sence. i will go update my other / older posts, and spread the good word!

thank you.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I am Very Happy that you are finally able to play online!

You are more then welcome sir and im glad i was able to help, catch you online!

P.S Throw me a Friends request if you want, My PSN ID is the same as my forum name secretzsquirrel just put the word WipeoutZone somewhere in the request so i know you are from here and I will accept it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Connect issues 07/17 - 07/20/2010

Getting the dreaded "an error occurred while contacting the server" error. I can connect and play online with any other game.... but I only want to play this one, naturally

My PS3 is using NAT type 2.

PSN ID: akira_2_5_0_1 .

Tried another PSN ID- same thing.

Tried the log out, launch app and auto-sign in fix.... nothing.

Set IP address to static and enabled port forwarding for 5223, 3478, 3479, and 3658. No dice.

Been offline, for just this game, 4 days now.

Is the server down? I would hope not, since the game is now bundled with Playstation Plus...
    any help greatly appreciated!!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Update to above:

Network is up per friend. Oddly, If I receive an invite from a friend they show in the live game data feed at the bottom of the screen. I can see their name, and their current status/track, and also in the "community" list but if I try to connect to them I am booted back to main menu.

Per PSKC article opened these ports:
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070
    No change.

Disabled Media Server - no change.

Router is linksys WRT54G, however when I bypass the router and run an ethernet line from my modem to the PS3 with easy automatic settings I sign into PSN, but error out when I try to play Wipeout HD online, same as wired or wireless to the router.

PSN ID
    carlos69nash

My game keeps freezing during online play. Every other game I own works fine online its just wipeout. This has only started happening recently. Any1 else with similar problems/solutions???