Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal rivalries!

PSN ID
    reubsy

gota be wellington, with those dam zone scores, metropia and ubermall reverse, evrytime i set a record the next few days he beats it.! does my head in! lol

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

im adding TarotCardKiller to my list
    since when does an american understand the concept of "cornering" so well!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

hahaha, so true obh!

i've gone for TCK, saturnreturn and the dynamic duo of greenix and andybob35.

reasons:
    TCK: keeps beating me and my records (in a triakis no less)
    saturnreturn: we've sort of grown stronger together so why not?
    greenix: banned me from using harimau because he think's i'll dethrone him (and because i'm a traitor apparently) AND accused me of graffitiing his ship
    andybob35: he still owes me a deciding match

from now on it's strictly personal
    just kidding, i love you all (not in that way saturn)

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    greenix: banned me from using harimau because he think's i'll dethrone him (and because i'm a traitor apparently)
    Greenix has been chipping about in an AG lately.

Now this is just speculation based on what ive read, but did Mad-Ice give the man a real pasting or something?

I fancied another bash in a harimau, and thought "oh poo, my file deleted itself again didnt it"

so much for that plan.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Being in the neutral zone is great

PSN ID
    Greenix

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    greenix: banned me from using harimau because he think's i'll dethrone him (and because i'm a traitor apparently) AND accused me of graffitiing his ship
    Terrble filthy lies!
    I welcomed you to the team! and vthen you throw the more then generous harimau contract offer in our faces. I then find my ship graffitied all over...

To clear up the speculation, I fell out with harimau after I asked for more thrust. I was told I was ungreatful and will play in Avalon with what stats harimau has. After too many bad non-weapons races with low thrust being the culprit and having one too many beers I went back to the office at night and smashed up the exec's office room with betty baseball bat. I've currently been suspended from harimau and given a 2 week sponsored contract with AG-Systems (they must have heard my fallout was due to lack of thrust), thanks to andybob. After my Avalon results Harimau International suddenly decided they want me back and a new contract will come into force in 2 weeks time. That gives me enough time to play the eng vs Dutch in a thrust efficient craft before returning to my Hari for less important races again

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I wouldn't say I have rivals but several players have spurred me on by being a similar level all the way through my time playing this game: e.g. JJPAP, z1r0rEi

Especially JJPAP as I saw him improving all his times on Connavar's site and that really made me commit to speed laps and time trials in an attempt to catch up.

I would say yeldar too but he loves me a bit too much (in that way) already

Then there's osama bin haydn. Haydn, you have to be the guy who I enjoy quaking the most, especially as I don't play against you all that much online. That makes the rare moments all the more enjoyable. I'm not sure I've ever beaten without a quake.

I need a proper rival though; someone to always save my missiles for. Anyone wanna be my NEMESIS ?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

terrible filthy lies?! you must be joking!
    what ACTUALLY happened was: my trial usage of the harimau ran out really quickly (too many perfect laps ) so harimau told me to chill out a bit. yeldar chill out? never! so i gave them the hump for being far too cheeky for their own good.
    nice work with the bat greenix, very subtle...

are you sure you don't want to be my rival saturn, or will it be one-way shooting on my part?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

your all rivials to me, one of you pops in a server and I instantly have trouble

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Chaos80... always ends up in front, seems to do worse when there are fewer pilots in a race

SaturnReturn: b*stard, awlays faster than me

And some others whom I don't recall because it's st patty's day aftermath atm for me. All I know is I need to tighten my racing line and stop hitting walls and I'll be good

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    I need a proper rival though; someone to always save my missiles for. Anyone wanna be my NEMESIS ?
    You're most welcome to whack me around. Although i don't know if i'm good enough to be anybody's rival or nemesis.

I think my "rival" is OLOuk, i do manage to beat him now and then (luck.. maybe??), but sigh.. i feel like he's always half a track away in that goddamn assegai.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Hehe, I like the topic of this thread

Personally, I think I would have to go with OLOuk, oolproo and z1r0rEi (or however he spells that) mainly because I always seem to run in the those guys. Oh, and SaturnReturn!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

blackwiggle is just enough better than me that I view him as my rival at the moment. that's where my sights are set for now

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Then there's osama bin haydn. Haydn, you have to be the guy who I enjoy quaking the most, especially as I don't play against you all that much online. That makes the rare moments all the more enjoyable. I'm not sure I've ever beaten without a quake.
    Honestly mate, youve killed me probably more times than anyone else

Good to see OLOuk making a few enemies! Damn quick ENG member if i do say so myself

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Default venom-rapier racer ( sort off :P)

where shall i begin? the entoxicating rush off joy when beating someone on WO HD is awesome anyway. but of course i have great rivalry with the racers on my friendslist that i most frequently encounter:

1) vinnymonster: always a pleasure to have you behind me, especially numerous times in a row HA!

2) lois_koschinsky (or however it is spelled) fast guy from germany acctually a nice gut too (believe it or not).he is one step faster than me, so beating him is always sweet

3) phillippe1970: (kinda random) acctually not on my friendslist but he beat me badly when i first went online, luckily my skill has increased and now i usually beat him. oh joy

4) IH8YOU: the first really fast racer i met, OMG i cant touch you and it annoys the hell out of me =P

5) Connavar: i still remember the hour we raced together and you beat two worldrecords. i havent been whooped so badly since i started to play this.

and remember i dont hate any of theese guys except phillippe1970 (for some reason). i would just really, really like to beat them. =D

Here's mine IH8YOU, Connavar, Lightlord and Heinz-Ketchup all amazing Flash racers and it's always a close race with each of them. the winner all seems to be the one with the most boost lol

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Good to see OLOuk making a few enemies! Damn quick ENG member if i do say so myself
    He is not my enemy

He's my friend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

mabye i should add firedshot to my list of rivals, you are annoyingly fast.
    but i guess i have enough of them as it is

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

My personal nemesis is 'Elite_AI'

If you ever race this guy beware fellow zoners , he is a dirty cheater!! But tonight I finally managed to kick his ass even on Sebenco and Chenghou , yaaaaay!!

Well, that was the funny moment for today ... in online games I am still not capable to keep up with the fastest of you guys, but had some interesting races lately with oolproo who seems almost in range now, and TarquinFarqhuar who is a really fast bastard too , especially Rapier seems to be his field of expertise ...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

Motorsagmannen and Vinnymonster. C'mon, you know you wanna bump it up to phantom Seriously you guys put up a heck of a challenge.