Thread: The best Sebenco (Reverse) shortcut... ever.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Default The best Sebenco (Reverse) shortcut... ever.

Don't let the pictures fool you -- this is NOT Sebenco forward.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what exactly happened. All I know is that I was taking the final sharp right on Sebenco reverse, used a speed up, clipped a nub on the outside wall... and then suddenly I'm flying over the mountain. So, it would seem that you CAN get over the entire mountain without a forced respawn; the downside is that I landed facing the wrong way. Now, maybe you can work this into flying over it intentionally from the bump right before that turn and land on the other side before the tunnel.
    All I know is that I wasn't able to finish the race because I spent about 2 minutes taking the photos and I imagine the whole turning around thing would have taken another 2 minutes as well taking the handling of my boat into consideration. Regardless, this was arguably the most entertaining thing to ever happen to me on this track.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Long as this doesn't help my lose my #1 WR, then nice find. lol.

PSN ID
    Wellington86

Well, that's pretty insane, lol. Did you do it more than once or did you just have the presence of mind to take the photos on the first go? I'm not exactly sure where you launched from to go anywhere near as high as that, but I'll give it a try later. If it's possible to get the ship turned around then times on TT and Multiplayer might start plummeting!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You could try using the small bump before the last right as a ramp, but I think the hotel might be in your way!

Holy **** that`s a big one!

Does it still count the lap seeing as it seems the route bypasses the start/finish line?

Could be an the nastiest technical piloting challenge ever when you add in the 180 to get the ship pointing the right way and the Barrel Roll for a fast landing, of course.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I had the same thing happen while doing one of KAORI's single lap challenges with Auricom.
    It takes so long to come down,you wouldn't call it a shortcut in the normal sense.

On another note,I had one of my friends 10 year old kids playing on my console last night,at phantom speed on Moa Therma forward,I don't know how he did it [Freaky accident,might of been shunted by another craft?] but he pulled off a corner cutting maneuver with a BR at a place I didn't think possible.
    After the long mag strip you have the right,he did it while turning for the next left.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Yup that's possible, it kinda feels natural to do it there. It's a air braking combination followed by the BR.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington86 View Post
    Well, that's pretty insane, lol. Did you do it more than once or did you just have the presence of mind to take the photos on the first go? I'm not exactly sure where you launched from to go anywhere near as high as that, but I'll give it a try later. If it's possible to get the ship turned around then times on TT and Multiplayer might start plummeting!
    It started out as "Damnit, now I'm going to be way behind" and slowly transitioned to "wait... am I actually going to clear this mountain?" And then I decided to sacrifice any chance of winning for the photo op.

Have you ever hit the side of the track at a point where a small piece of the wall is sticking out and then gotten launched straight up? That's what happened; except I used a speed boost to fly into it.
    I don't think my exact method would be the best for this, but the fact you can get over the mountain without the game caring so much opens the door for a potentially massive shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Holy **** that`s a big one!

Does it still count the lap seeing as it seems the route bypasses the start/finish line?
    I'm not entirely sure -- I didn't think to check. I spent so long taking the photos that the race ended shortly after I landed. I did have enough time to start turning around though.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The same thing can happen on Chengou reverse going down the straight,you shoot up and a few days later come down on the otherside of the little tunnel.

I think I still have the photo,I'll have a look when I turn the PS3 on again,it's SO hot in Sydney ATM i'm afraid it will overheat.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington86 View Post
    If it's possible to get the ship turned around then times on TT and Multiplayer might start plummeting!
    Don't you even think about it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

A shortcut? Not really, it takes way too much time to fall back down. Four seconds in the air is way too much, and considering it's part luck that you land correctly, I wouldn't even consider it for TT as a viable technique.

But it has happened to me as well, I hit the turbo on that U bend, smashed into the gray block on the left (The laser for the Sebenco Forward finish line), went straight up in the air, did a backflip (No really : I was still holding the thrust button and on a Goteki that can make you fly really high) and landed facing the correct way to go into the tunnel (I was turning left the whole time as well). This was an elite single race, I was first with a four seconds lead, when I landed I was still first but the other ones were already on my tail (.5 seconds lead)